Roland Juhasz

Gaffbear

We sold a 28yr old CH who was in his last year of contract and didn't want to be here. We'd be signing a 28yr old centre half on a 4yr deal for c. £3m. From all accounts this lad is top drawer and if we got him around that price our spending would be roughly:-

£3m Juhasz

£1.5m Wallace

£0.5m Goian

£0.4m Ortiz

£5.4m Ins

£1.7m Boogie

£0.9m Adam

£2.6m Outs

So even with Juhasz we'd only have spent net £2.8m to £3m. I'd imagine leaving us funds for 2 more decent signings - a striker and a left winger if Whyte's noises about front loading investment are genuine.

If the are looking for an extra £200,000 then I don't see us walking away yet. It's not as if they are looking for an awful lot more money but we should not be paying he extra money after they told us a price that they deemed acceptable.

Keep the same bid in and try and flog them one of our duds.

That's how I'd summarise this possible transfer. Juhasz would be a good replacement for Bougherra but not at nearly £4M. We've sold a 28 year old centre back in Bougherra for £1.7M and to replace him with another 28 year old centre back for nearly £4M doesn't seem like good business.

Agreed, would rather get a decent striker in for that money. While i'd like to strengthen at the back, I think we have enough to just about cover us for now.

Bartley/Goian may well be good enough, but what do we do when either of them is injured. We only have a 41 year old and Broadfoot who we all know isn't good enough. We could play Bartley in the holding role, push Davis into a more attacking role and partner Goian with Juhasz then we wouldn't need a CM. Just a suggestion.

McGregor

Whttaker - Goian - Juhasz - Wallace

Bartley

Ortiz ------------------ New LM

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

If the are looking for an extra £200,000 then I don't see us walking away yet. It's not as if they are looking for an awful lot more money but we should not be paying he extra money after they told us a price that they deemed acceptable.

Keep the same bid in and try and flog them one of our duds.

You been on holiday the past few weeks mate?

Quite a big deal being made in Hungarian and Belgian press about the 'promise made to Juhasz' ie - if bid amount comes in that he would be allowed to leave.

I can see this forcing Anderlechts hand - really bad press for them...would imagine it would put players off signing for them.

Bartley/Goian may well be good enough, but what do we do when either of them is injured. We only have a 41 year old and Broadfoot who we all know isn't good enough. We could play Bartley in the holding role, push Davis into a more attacking role and partner Goian with Juhasz then we wouldn't need a CM. Just a suggestion.

No Naismith :o

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

Davis isn't an attacking midfielder in a million years.

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

I get your point but he's a 41 year old who has been absolutely superb for us for the last 4-5 years. Big Davie will still do us a job if he can stay fit

No Naismith.

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

Anderlecht say Rangers can't expect to sign one of their best players on the cheap, having rejected the Glasgow club's third transfer offer for Roland Juhasz.

After negotiations on Monday, the Belgian side turned down Rangers’ latest bid, which STV understands stood in the region of three million euros (£2,620,000).

Anderlecht though have stood firm in requesting four million euros (£3,493,000) for the 28-year-old, who signed a new contract last year to keep him at the club until 2014.

No further talks have taken place on Tuesday to revive the transfer deal and, following Rangers’ failed attempt, Anderlecht made their position over the defender clear to STV.

“Our position is simple,” a spokesperson outlined. “They [Rangers] didn’t meet the price we set.

“You can’t have top players for little money. At this moment, the deal is dead.

“It’s a quite simple equation regarding the price. There is a price we have set which Rangers have not matched.”

After the collapse of the deal on Monday night, Juhasz’s agent Vladan Filipovic launched an attack on Anderlecht’s board of directors and accused of them of going back on their word to let the defender leave.

“We are very disappointed in the management at Anderlecht, including Herman van Holsbeeck [general manager],” Filipovic told nemzetisport.hu. “I know in football anything can happen but I did not expect this.

“When Roland extended his contract a year ago, Anderlecht agreed verbally they would sell him if a certain offer came in. Unfortunately this was not given in writing, but we trusted them.

“Rangers have offered this amount now but Anderlecht have said no. I understand they do not want to lose Roland, it is understandable, but a year ago they promised he could leave for an appropriate offer."

Proof again....

Whoever is making these derisory offers is a fcuking joke and needs sacked.

His agent says we matched the bid he was told he can go for. They have said we didnt aye thats proof right enough. YOu are a greeting faced cunt who waits on bad news to come out and pounces on it. Away play tig wae the buses

so they say its our fault , agent says its there fault .

I dont no what to fucking believe anymore , i have never in my life seen a club so dis organised trying to get players in .

If we want the player pay the money its simple , i understand haggling to get the price down but come to fuck know when your beaten and either put up or shut up.

Im delighted that craig whyte took over the club and pulled us out the shit but we need to have at least another cb , a cm, a lm , and pacy striker and im not confident that wel get any of thae above.

comon rangers lets get this sorted oot

McGregor

Bartley

Davis

Jelavic - New ST

No Naismith?