Limmy's Been Arrested

TMB

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...w-west-20730044

It might not be sectarian, he may be charged for behaving in a threatening or abusive manner likely to cause a reasonable person distress or to suffer from a state of fear and alarm. That is the essence of section 38.

He just got six months.

Lord Haggerty@AngelaHaggerty20m

David Limond has been sentenced to 6 months in prison for sending threatening communication to me aggravated by racial and religious hatred.

And McGowan got 130 hours community service for his SECOND assault on a police officer.

Don't even dare say there isn't a concerted political campaign influencing the judiciary to hand out tougher sentences to the Rangers/Protestant community.

It's in evidence over in Ulster and it's in situ here.

And McGowan got 130 hours community service for his SECOND assault on a police officer.

Don't even dare say there isn't a concerted political campaign influencing the judiciary to hand out tougher sentences to the Rangers/Protestant community.

It does seem a bit backwards that if someone says they're going to assault someone they get jailed but if someone actually assaults someone they don't.

Was just thinking that myself.

Seems like a generally friendly, funny guy who, judging by his tweets at least (I never listened to his podcast), finds religious prejudice absurd. I got on well with him. Obviously he made a very foolish mistake with his remarks on the podcast. It is strange that the countless religiously aggravated remarks made towards both Limmy and any Rangers fan who dares to express an opinion on Scottish football on social media (including myself and, I'm sure, anyone else here who has done so) aren't prosecuted with the same ruthlessness. I have lost count of the number of times I have been called an "orange bastard" and a "h**" and been threatened with violence, and I'm supposed to be a "handwringer" by the standards of some Rangers supporters :huh:

It does seem a bit backwards that if someone says they're going to assault someone they get jailed but if someone actually assaults someone they don't.

From what I remember, he didn't even threaten to assault her. I think he encouraged people to ring her on the phone, and called her some names. Unlike the members on huddle board recently, one of whom said she needed a kick in the face, or similar. No arrests on that one yet. :rolleyes:

A truly alarming sentence. I know some friends in the legal field who are concerned by these types of prosecutions and convictions.

I know of someone personally who has been stitched up by their local dicoese friendly Procurator Fiscal. This case would make you seethe with rage but i cannot divulge it as the person in question wants time to get their head round this sentence. Singing a song is now deemed more of a crime than assault.

One or two on here will know who i am talking about and how politically motivated the campaign was to jail this fan.