Keith Jackson on Talksport

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully someone with an ounce of sense is keeping an eye on the outgoings we have.

I'm actually glad we have an embargo as it's scary to think what sort of money we would be throwing at people to win this division if we could pay transfer fees.

Spending unnecessary amounts to get people to buy season tickets.

Even if it is the sum of £10,000,000 Rangers have in the bank whats bad about that?

Who the feck in Scottish football has that amont of money sitting in the bank right now?, we knew the club would be running at a loss for about 18 months so and then be in profit.

Jackson just has to his hysterical spin on everything, hows the tittle stripping that he predicted going?

Even if it is the sum of £10,000,000 Rangers have in the bank whats bad about that?

Who the feck in Scottish football just has that amont of money sitting in the bank right now?, we knew the club would be running at a loss of about 18 months so and then be in profit.

Jackson just has to his hysterical spin on everything, hows the tittle stripping that he predicted going?

if there is only 10 million left it is a disgrace,our wage bill is 7 million a year there is no way we've burned all that money,if there is 10 million or less left we have been robbed again.we banked 20 million from the iPo and record season ticket sales at a slightly reduced price we should be well in profit at the end of this financial year

if there is only 10 million left it is a disgrace,our wage bill is 7 million a year there is no way we've burned all that money,if there is 10 million or less left we have been robbed again.we banked 20 million from the iPo and record season ticket sales at a slightly reduced price we should be well in profit at the end of this financial year

We bought back a lot of assets and used the IPO to plug the short term funding gap it was always gong to eat into the money.

Last summer we ran for 2 months with Zero income, had no pre-season games and had all our prize money stole by the sfa/spl.

IPO's are always about plugging short term funding gaps, once the sports direct, puma and blackthorn deals kick in as well as 38,000 seaon tickets and pre-season games we should be running at least breaking even before the end of the year.

The £7 million wage bill is for the playing staff only. Add in all the other staff, the upkeep of Ibrox Auchenhowie, utility bills, purchasing Edmiston House The Albion, payment of historic footballing debt, various legal expenses, no retail payment from JJB.. I could go on but anyone who thought we would make a profit this season is sadly mistaken.

The £7 million wage bill is for the playing staff only. Add in all the other staff, the upkeep of Ibrox & Auchenhowie, utility bills, purchasing Edmiston House & The Albion, payment of historic footballing debt, various legal expenses, no retail payment from JJB.. I could go on but anyone who thought we would make a profit this season is sadly mistaken.

if we don't make a profit with the wage bill we have ,the season ticket sales and the massive money we made during the iPo something is badly wrong.

if we don't make a profit with the wage bill we have ,the season ticket sales and the massive money we made during the iPo something is badly wrong.

The IPO money will not come under Profit/Loss in the next set of accounts.

The IPO money will not come under Profit/Loss in the next set of accounts.

i understand that,what I'm trying to say is we should be in great financial health.i just don't believe we could have burned through all that money this season

i understand that,what I'm trying to say is we should be in great financial health.i just don't believe we could have burned through all that money this season

Until we bring costs under control we are heading back down the same road as before. We were always going to require using some of the IPO money this season but if the figures quoted are accurate then that is indeed worrying. What we need is a manager who can work with a limited (for Rangers) budget and a board of directors who can provide us with a long term strategy which is based on a sound and prudent financial plan.

Until we bring costs under control we are heading back down the same road as before. We were always going to require using some of the IPO money this season but if the figures quoted are accurate then that is indeed worrying. What we need is a manager who can work with a limited (for Rangers) budget and a board of directors who can provide us with a long term strategy which is based on a sound and prudent financial plan.

i agree the last thing we need at this moment in time is a mangers investing our cash in old players with no resale value,there is no need for expensive older players at this point in time.

Hopefully someone with an ounce of sense is keeping an eye on the outgoings we have.

I'm actually glad we have an embargo as it's scary to think what sort of money we would be throwing at people to win this division if we could pay transfer fees.

Spending unnecessary amounts to get people to buy season tickets.

it's a bad day when you're glad that your manager can't spend any money :anguish:

it's a bad day when you're glad that your manager can't spend any money :anguish:

To be honest it's not just Ally, anyone else in charge and the board come out and say we're spending zilch for the upcoming season I'd be delighted.

Yes it's nice to see new players but we can make it through the league with the squad we have, we should be banking everything just now.

This season is make or break for Ally now though, if Mather opens the cheque book he has to produce, winning the league isn't enough , fuck the cups just get us playing better football than our part-time opponents.