Billy King - Welcome to The Rangers

eskbankloyal

If Mr Warburton was in the least way unhappy with the finances he's been given and the board trying to penny pinch, all he needs to do is drop a few words here or there and It would be sorted

his job is to get us promoted, I'll rely on his judgement until he proves he's not up to it.

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

So the Brentford lad we could have got weeks ago for 500k didn't happen? 

Since you're in the know, give us all a rundown of the details of his transfer I.e. Add ons, wages, conditions, level of up front payment.

On top of that, give us a rundown of the Brentford manager's internal dealings with his board over the level of money he'd receive for spending from a Rangers deal vs a Leeds deal.

Because see right now, you're quoting a £500k fee from paper talk and getting upset when people ask you for more in depth information about the transfer negotiations as you sit and talk like you're in the know.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Don't know. I would be guessing, and on something that I don't actually know happened anyway.

The problem here isn't people expressing some qualified concern, it's people pretty much presenting shit as fact when it isn't.

We are all guilty of that at one time or another. It is a football forum and we all like to think our opinion is the right one.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

‘It is really not as much about winning the league this year, the identification of players in January would be based on our prospects for the year after,’ said King.

‘We would have to bring in players we thought were going to compete next season strongly in the Premier League and already looking towards Europe.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3337100/Rangers-chairman-Dave-King-wants-fresh-faces-help-club-reach-European-stage.html

So maybe that's why MW has signed the goalie, Crooks, Windass, and taken Forrester for 6 months (as a maybe) and King in whatever circumstances he's come on. Maybe he thinks they're of the standard required. 

Maybe not. Maybe MW is a moron and is just accepting being fucked over royally by the Board.

Who knows. It's all ifs buts and maybes. I'm guessing.

24 minutes ago, Willis said:

The O'Halloran saga is a disgrace and an embarassment to the Club imo. And imo puts all these idiot boycotters in their place after all their talk of the board and King investing in the team, shambles.

Naw it isnae. You need to stop reading newspapers and believing everything you read on the internet. Have Rangers come out and stated exactly what has happened with this so called deal or are yu just happy to take anyones word for it? And I'll reserve comment about King and Co investing in the team until a) we don't get promotion and b) if we do get promotion and we don't bring the players in we need.

No point in spending loads on players (especially timmy ones :P) that aren't worth what their Rangers hating managers say they are.

Trust in The Man With The Hat

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

So maybe that's why MW has signed the goalie, Crooks, Windass, and taken Forrester for 6 months (as a maybe) and King in whatever circumstances he's come on. Maybe he thinks they're of the standard required. 

Maybe not. Maybe MW is a moron and is just accepting being fucked over royally by the Board.

Crooks and Windass signed 4 year deals and will join in the summer.

Gostomski,Forrester and now King Billy will be here until the end of the season at a minimum.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Maybe Warburtons only going to be here six months. We can interpret anything to suit a point.

3 minutes ago, Willis said:

I am happy, Just annoys me when I see fans kidding themselves on like the board has done everything it said it would when theyve done nothing of the sort.

Frankly, the past 3 years have been a fucking nightmare made worse by these groups and these daft protests. And when their claims dont come to light im going to point it out.

They Board have done a heck of a lot. I sometimes think expectations are unrealistic. How much has been invested by various individuals so far? As for the 30-50 million... The time to judge that is a few years down the line. If it turns out to be a lie, deal with that then. As for now, there's no point in paying money just for the sake of satisfying soundbites of DK. Facts are, recruitment seems to be going well overall ATM.

I couldn't give a fuck about those groups or their protests tbh. Bad period of our history in many ways. Doesn't influence my views about the now though.

6 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

MW said today that "the money is there (for signings)” so why don't you lot stop pussy footing around and just call him a liar and we can discuss that...

Anyone going call the manager a liar? Then we can move this debate on...

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Crooks and Windass signed 4 year deals and will join in the summer.

Gostomski,Forrester and now King Billy will be here until the end of the season at a minimum.

Yeah. Guys MW clearly thinks are of the standard or are worth looking at. Or is he a moron and is being fucked by the Board, or something else?