***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

The same recurring theme from the season rears it's head yet again. Well are so wastefulwasteful I'm front of goal its becoming embarrassing. The longer it stays 0-0 the harder it becomes to get that vital first goal any dropping any points here today would be utterly unacceptable. 

1 minute ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

I am sick and tired of all these clubs sitting back and having everyone behind the ball!  I know it's our responsibility to break them down and find an opening but these opposition teams become so boring and frustrating!

Where we're concerned though, so unlucky not to be about 3-0 up at half-time and I've been pretty impressed by Forrester, if he keeps this up then he will easily win himself an extended contract.

Can't blame 'em, though - it obviously works, so why not use it? 

Goals win games.  Winning games wins leagues.   Creating chance after chance game after game and squandering the vast majority of chances should be ringing more alarm bells in MWs and DW's minds than they appear to be.   The absence of a clinical consistent goal scoring finisher is plain before our eyes yet again.  Feels like its going to be a tough few months ahead at this rate of knots.

Waghorns been fucking murder ever since he's been put up against Griffiths in the media. Kenny on very soon for me. 

Makes you you wonder how we ever used to dish out pumpings every week just a few months ago. Right now I can't think of a team less clinical than us. Disappointing though as there's so much lovely play in the build up, and we're far more well tuned at the back now as well.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

All very well saying we've signed this guy because he can play 7,8,9,10 or 11 but the fact is every team wishing to be successful needs a prolific striker..

27 goals at this stage is pretty prolific tbf. All strikers have bad periods.

I think we need to chillax a bit. We've got 65 goals in the Championship this season. Next best is 38 (Hivs and Falkirk). IIRC our chance conversion rate stats are actually pretty good, for all today is a good bit below par.

My heart says "let's get a big fuck-off centre forward to bully the defence, and upset them and bundle the ball in the net, but my head is saying "this is the football I always wanted to see us playing".

Stick with it, frustrating though it is, we are now in the process of finding out the final tweaks for next season. (tu)

3 minutes ago, ronniemca said:

Fuckin woeful again .the lack of a proper striker is gong to cost us dear the way we are heading.keep waghorn and ohalloran in the pavilion and bring on Miller and King.our finishing is absolutely atrocious.

Woeful? We have fucking hammered them, hit the woodwork 3 times and had about 75% possession, to say we have played woeful is ridiculous. 

I said it'd be goalless at half time and we'd win 1-0, still standing by that. Teams like Alloa are always going to do this, they can't go toe to toe with us and we aren't good enough at taking our chances to still win comfortably. On our day we are good enough and that's when you see teams getting beat by a few goals even when they sit back but recently we are grinding them out rather than being comfortable.

1 minute ago, delparlane said:

Can't blame 'em, though - it obviously works, so why not use it? 

Where did I say I blame them?  I said it makes games so boring and frustrating.  I would like to see a team at least try and have a go so we can watch a fun game of football.