***** The Official Alloa Athletic V Rangers Match Thread *****

allgers

Just now, Inigo said:
1 minute ago, Inigo said:

27 goals at this stage is pretty prolific tbf. All strikers have bad periods.

I think we need to chillax a bit. We've got 65 goals in the Championship this season. Next best is 38 (Hivs and Falkirk). IIRC our chance conversion rate stats are actually pretty good, for all today is a good bit below par.

27 goals at this stage is pretty prolific tbf. All strikers have bad periods.

I think we need to chillax a bit. We've got 65 goals in the Championship this season. Next best is 38 (Hivs and Falkirk). IIRC our chance conversion rate stats are actually pretty good, for all today is a good bit below par.

27 in this team, considering half of them are penalties, is pathetic..

4 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

The same recurring theme from the season rears it's head yet again. Well are so wastefulwasteful I'm front of goal its becoming embarrassing. The longer it stays 0-0 the harder it becomes to get that vital first goal any dropping any points here today would be utterly unacceptable. 

Wind yer fuckin neck in ya cretin

We are over playing it far to often, even when we get into really good positions we are looking to pass it and losing it. I don't know why we don't just shoot. If you don't shoot,  you don't score. It was the exact same against Kilmarnock.  When we are shooting, the shooting has been that poor. I am still confident we will win but it is so frustrating! 

While it's been a frustrating half of ffootball in the goalscoring,  the play has been nice, we have dominated possesion, and they have had one shot on goal in the half.

I am more than comfortable, and think the goals will come.  Paitence is a virtue.

1 minute ago, tannerall said:

My heart says "let's get a big fuck-off centre forward to bully the defence, and upset them and bundle the ball in the net, but my head is saying "this is the football I always wanted to see us playing".

Stick with it, frustrating though it is, we are now in the process of finding out the final tweaks for next season. (tu)

Great post tanner.brilliant football.just need a finish.

No Surrender

Rab

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I said it'd be goalless at half time and we'd win 1-0, still standing by that. Teams like Alloa are always going to do this, they can't go toe to toe with us and we aren't good enough at taking our chances to still win comfortably. On our day we are good enough and that's when you see teams getting beat by a few goals even when they sit back but recently we are grinding them out rather than being comfortable.

Do what ?its 0-0 because our finishing has been a disgrace 

1 minute ago, Briton said:

It didn't work.  We created plenty of chances.

We were playing w/ a very defensive mindset on the road to Manchester & got criticised right, left & centre for it, but it was very effective for us. Can't blame teams for trying the same as overall it's been the best to try and frustrate the way we play now.

Just now, PRW. said:

Panic merchants in here.

Cunts talking about dropping points when we have just absolutely pummelled this mob for 45 minutes, they're very lucky its 0-0. Hit the woodwork 2/3 times ffs. 

It'll come, chill the fuck oot.

It's is an overreaction 100% but to ignore the worrying trend of missing chance after chance shouldn't be ignored.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

10 are penalties, not half. No need to exaggerate, squire. And considering that most strikers have some penalties in their total, with about 3 months of the season to go that's not a bad record at all.

Neither is 65 v 38 being next best. Neither is our overall conversion rate.

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Do what ?its 0-0 because our finishing has been a disgrace 

Maybe so but that will happen, are you saying that the goals we have scored this season have all been tap ins and require no skill or accuracy?

as I said on our day we'd score 3 or 4 but when things don't click we get a single goal or maybe two.

4 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

Where did I say I blame them?  I said it makes games so boring and frustrating.  I would like to see a team at least try and have a go so we can watch a fun game of football.

Not arguing at all w/ you m8 - I hate watching this rubbish as well, but I certainly see why they do it. 

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Beginning to show why he had an average of one goal in 4 down South.

Some play through these spells - I'think he needs a rest.

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Maybe so but that will happen, are you saying that the goals we have scored this season have all been tap ins and require no skill or accuracy?

as I said on our day we'd score 3 or 4 but when things don't click we get a single goal or maybe two.

I'm taking it game by game and today the finishing has been woefull

12 minutes ago, Poetry_In_Blue said:

I am sick and tired of all these clubs sitting back and having everyone behind the ball!  I know it's our responsibility to break them down and find an opening but these opposition teams become so boring and frustrating!

Where we're concerned though, so unlucky not to be about 3-0 up at half-time and I've been pretty impressed by Forrester, if he keeps this up then he will easily win himself an extended contract.

Can't really complain. Look at our UEFA cup run mate.