****The Official Falkirk v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

17 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Tight scrappy game I reckon. Assuming Kiernan is back I think Ball will play alongside Halliday in Midfield. I'm not sure if we'll go with Forrester (who was unwell) or O'Halloran (who was quiet rather than poor.) Otherwise, I doubt there'll be a change.

Kiernan is back. Was only suspended for one game.

5 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

Kiernan is back. Was only suspended for one game.

Cool. There is so much to play for this season and he's been instrumental in getting us here. I thing the whole team has grown and Kiernan has grown most of all.

Now waiting for someone to tell me he's now ten feet tall.

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Cool. There is so much to play for this season and he's been instrumental in getting us here. I thing the whole team has grown and Kiernan has grown most of all.

Now waiting for someone to tell me he's now ten feet tall.

Yeah he's really developed as a player, he still makes mistakes here and there but no player is perfect. 

Think the big guy is great :541:

And he's a bawhair away from being 10 feet tall

BUMP FFS.

Was just about to start a match thread. This one is nearly on page 3 of the forum :hanged:

For me there shouldn't be any talk of old firm matches or cup finals until the league is mathematically ours.

Massive game IMO. Hibs away to Inverness tonight then away to Raith on Saturday, more points could be dropped. I want revenge as well for the last time we played the bairns away.

Im going for 2-0 with Miller and Forrester grabbing the goals.

8 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

BUMP FFS.

Was just about to start a match thread. This one is nearly on page 3 of the forum :hanged:

For me there shouldn't be any talk of old firm matches or cup finals until the league is mathematically ours.

Massive game IMO. Hibs away to Inverness tonight then away to Raith on Saturday, more points could be dropped. I want revenge as well for the last time we played the bairns away.

Im going for 2-0 with Miller and Forrester grabbing the goals.

Exactly, I mean I doubt it happening but it is possible for Falkirk to go on a winning streak and for us to get stricken with bad luck. When the maths mean the title is ours then it's over, until then the team gives it 100% as always. Especially against a team that's second in the table. That also happens to be the only other team to have beaten us this season in the league. 

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14348763.Mark_Warburton_recalls_how_Falkirk_defeat_made_him_bolt_the_door_at_the_back/?ref=mrb&lp=7

Rangers manager Mark Warburton tells how defeat at Falkirk proved a platform for title charge

It was the defeat which really knocked Rangers into shape.

From enjoying a commanding position in the Ladbrokes Championship, a 2-1 loss at the Falkirk Stadium in mid-December allowed Hibernian to pull level at the top of the table, brought the Bairns to within six points and sparked talk of Mark Warburton’s Ibrox reign sliding into a mini-crisis.

How different things look now. Victory at the same venue on Friday will extend Rangers’ lead over Peter Houston’s side to 17 points, having played a game less, and take them 20 clear of third-placed Hibs.

That grim afternoon at the Westfield Stadium, compounded by Martyn Waghorn having a penalty saved in stoppage-time, brought a period of introspection at Ibrox, though. Hard on the heels of costly draws against Livingston and Morton, it did raise serious questions over Warburton’s ability to work the kind of revolution required at Ibrox.

The answers provided since have been emphatic. Rangers thumped Hibernian 4-2 at Ibrox next time out and have put together a run since, which has seen them concede just five goals in 14 fixtures in all competitions.

Defensive solidity has been one of the most pleasing elements of the second half of the campaign for Warburton. It can be dated back to those days when a runaway title triumph looked nothing more than a pipe dream.

“We studied that Falkirk game, we looked at our shape and our discipline and we got a good run together,” he recalled.

“In that period against Livingston and Morton, we were getting too aggressive. We did a lot of shapework and, touch wood, it’s held us in good stead.

“I think players sometimes get impatient when there are eight, nine, 10 behind the ball. You can lose your shape.

“If you go five, eight, 10 yards too far, you can get caught and exposed. We were caught a couple of times, but I think we learned from that.”

Warburton also learned much about the febrile world of Scottish football during that period. He gives the impression he is still coming to terms with the levels of examination and criticism that do tend to exist here, but he has a much greater grasp on it having come through that rocky spell relatively unscathed.

“You get abuse for saying it’s an eye-opener, but it was described as a mini-crisis and a slump in confidence,” he said.

“One guy asked how was I going to pick the players up after drawing at Livingston, but they were eight points clear at the time.

“We just laughed at it. If we were fifth in the table and eight points behind and delivering a poor level of performance, it’s a crisis, I would agree with that, but it wasn’t the case.

“We were in good shape. What we had to do was learn from Livingston, learn from Morton, learn from Falkirk.

“It was about getting a sense of perspective. Anyone in any industry only learns from their mistakes. If we learn we will be okay, if we don’t learn then we’ve got a problem.”

Warburton does not hide his admiration for Falkirk boss Peter Houston, though. He expects another battle royal on Friday night and has admitted he would nominate his opposite number tonight for the end-of-season Manager Of The Year awards.

“My immediate response is that, if I look in my division, I would say Peter Houston,” said Warburton when asked who he would vote for.

“He is doing a great job. They have stuck at it, put a run together. They are organised, they are fit and they are tough to play against.

“There was talk in November that they wouldn’t sustain it, in December that they would fall away, it was a surprise they were still there in January.

“Here we are in March. They have done a fantastic job and they are right in the mix. All credit to them.”

Warburton also believes Falkirk have proved they have what it takes to succeed in the Ladbrokes Premiership.

“They are showing it,” he said. “People said that about Leicester City, that they’ll never win it and they’ll fall away.

“The players are hungry and they are working for the management and the staff, so they are in a good place.

“It is a tough away venue and a good side. We go there in good form and we know what we have to do.”

Warburton, meanwhile, has revealed why he did not push to have the visit of Queen of the South on March 26, slap-bang in the middle of the international break, postponed.

“We had a number of fans who had booked hotels, ferries and flights,” he said. “This is not a club with an average attendance of 5000 or 8000. That’s the thing. It is a significant number of fans we are talking about.

“We have seven boys away with Under-17s and Under-19s. It is a tight squad and you can get a few injuries. That day, I may well just name three subs, but it is purely the case of a number of fans making the commitment and it is the right thing to do.”

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

Warburton always knows what to say, give the opposition Manager and the press nothing to work on, Championship Manager of the year houston, don't make me laugh, chump of the year more like.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 8:22 PM, RFCRobertson said:

Yeah he's really developed as a player, he still makes mistakes here and there but no player is perfect. 

Think the big guy is great :541:

And he's a bawhair away from being 10 feet tall

Awww f*ck :lol:   Thought he was exactly 10 feet tall :lol: 

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

We are not pumping this mob , any win will do as long as its a win. Detest that tarrier bastard.

With 4 more wins required to tie it up, it's all about that, just one game at a time till we win the Championship and GTF out of it.