****The Official Falkirk v Rangers thread****

OceanRain

1 hour ago, foghorn leghorn said:

Don't fret fellow son's of William, we have superior goal difference and still about 11 points clear.

On the bright side, Hivs will be shitting it that Falkirk could end up in 2nd spot and dent they're confidence.

Ronny was there and after this result he will get complacent leading up to the Hampdump game.

I'm worried that we showed everything tonight.

We can be brilliant - the good news for them is that it doesn't often lead anywhere.

Absolutely crumbled when they got the goal and piled on the pressure, some of our defensive errors and sloppy passes were criminal.

Subs were also bad, they certainly didn't help the game.

Another case of naivety and another harsh lesson.

Piss poor from Rangers tonight, very sobering game.

shite game but we need to learn from it and move on. this is why i was trying not to get too excited just yet. the league isn't officially won yet. still more important games to come.

i hope the team and management bounce back and wrap this up asap. 

on to the next!

8 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

No, he makes the 60 minute subs in most games and tonight was no different.  Probably took McKay off as he did take a fair amount of punishment in the first 45 and was concerned about possible injury.  Miller was great vlue for his sixty minutes.

Players, not the manager, took the foot off the gas AND got very sloppy and as a result we lost.

This result will not affect the title race but may be a massive wake up for the players and management that we must compete for the full 90 in every department in every game.

I still think we'll beat the taigs.

Yes thanks for agreeing with me bud 

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On a lesser note, hope to fuck we don't see that stupid, shitey celebration again from McKay and Tav.

McKay is one of the most subdued players I've ever known when scoring s goal .Amost like Negri .It does get on my tits as if I scored a goal for our club ,I would be ecstatic 

52 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Still feeling frustrated about that second half performance last night. I can normally get over a bad result by next morning but for some reason it just feels as bad today. :(

I'm the same! I think it's the manner in which we lost being 2-0 up and should have been more. It's gutting but we need to move on. There's plenty of games to look forward to! 

I will echo the above.  Still very angry after yesterday but normally i get over it within a few hours.  I don't kno what I'm angry about most though... Falkirk thinking something special of themselves, our mistakes or knowing our league win is a little further on than we all hoped it woulod have been.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

I'm the same! I think it's the manner in which we lost being 2-0 up and should have been more. It's gutting but we need to move on. There's plenty of games to look forward to! 

Yes for sure (tu) I am sure the lads will be back to winning ways next weekend. I just did not see that happening at half time last night, but that is football I suppose. 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Still feeling frustrated about that second half performance last night. I can normally get over a bad result by next morning but for some reason it just feels as bad today. :(

:( it's not like me either Bud ....... especially the day after ....... we are better than last night, and I think as you do we will get back to winning if we concentrate and don't get cocky and slack like last night.

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

Me too ....... this is the first time this season that I have been so critical of the team, and I don't like feeling this way, last night was a bit of a shock to the system I think, due to the manner you rightly say we lost.

It threw back bad memories of when we played and lost like this against worse teams than Falkirk ....... Raith Rovers and Alloa and Forfar in another time, and I did not see this coming under our new management team, hopefully this result and the reasons are fully driven home to the players that this is not on.

:uk:

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

:( it's not like me either Bud ....... especially the day after ....... we are better than last night, and I think as you do we will get back to winning if we concentrate and don't get cocky and slack like last night.

Me too ....... this is the first time this season that I have been so critical of the team, and I don't like feeling this way, last night was a bit of a shock to the system I think due to the manner you rightly say we lost.

:uk:

I think it might be because it was plain to see after they scored their first goal how the game was going and we as a team seemed to be sleepwalking to a bad result, mind you I thought we would get a draw, the defeat was just hellish.

Anyway let's hope some lessons were learned. (tu) 

Off topic I know they're a small club but personally in my opinion I think it's a bit embarassing/stupid that they have a big heavy goods vehicle inside their stadium at one of the corner flags, in my opinion just reminds me of pollution and seems like a small team thing

9 hours ago, Bears r us said:

How does it feel now after the spoon burners bottle crashed again.

10 hours ago, cr3_bear said:

Why we took a short corner in the last minute whilst chasing the winner I will never know , lost the ball from it and they ran up and scored 

Probably so there was less chance of us losing possession and being susceptible to the counter-attack.  Sometimes, things don't work out as they should.