Frank de Boer

BridgeIsBlue

5 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Aye I wonder if getting in a DOF would be a good move to continue building the foundations whilst having a manager that knows the game up here focusing only on the first team

We definitely need someone who knows the game up here, but I still think we need someone maybe younger with Fresh ideas not just pick an easy option.

It could even be someone who is a proven coach with a Scottish Number two, i know it sounds like weir and Warburton. I'm not sure about a Dof as that could cause additional problems.

4 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Wee nerve touched there awwww xo

Go have a wee cry wank over Warburton.

Gaz will punch fuck out of you if you've got the baws to meet him before the next home game. 

Ronald de Boer insists Rangers will have to wait if they want to land his brother Frank as their new boss.

Frank de Boer has been tipped to take over at Rangers following Mark Warburton's exit.

But Ronald de Boer revealed a bad experience at Inter Milan means his twin will never again enter a job at what he considers the wrong time.

"He will never take a team at this time of year," Ronald de Boer told BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound.

Frank de Boer, who played at Ibrox alongside his brother in 2004, left the Ajax for Inter Milan in August 2016 but was sacked after just three months.

And he blamed a lack of pre-season preparation time for the problems that blighted his time in Italy.

"Frank won't go into that (whether there has been an approach from Rangers) but he told me, and I knew this already, that he's waiting probably until the end of April and then he will take his decision on what options are on the table," Ronald de Boer added.

"He wants to have a decent run up. He had this lesson with Inter Milan when he had only two weeks to start the league, he couldn't really prepare the team. I think he learned from that so he wants to have a good pre-season and get to know the players very well.

"He will never take, for example, the Rangers job just now. That's not in question."

Frank and Ronald de Boer were reunited at Rangers in 2004

And Ronald de Boer insists his brother would asses whether Rangers could adapt to his playing style before making any decision.

"He has his philosophy," he added. "Do they stand close to his philosophy and how he wants to play? Is there a chance to buy players, all these kind of things.

"He has to observe the team itself, how strong it is and are the players able to fulfil his thoughts? Frank will play forward so he wants players who can play in small spaces, who can dribble and are willing to go forward. That's really important."

Warburton left Ibrox with Rangers sitting third in the Premiership table, having led them to promotion last season.

And Ronald de Boer has sympathy for the Englishman, insisting finances dictate that Scottish clubs must now show more patience with managers and players, much like in his native Netherlands.

"Of course (I have sympathy for Mark Warburton)," he said. "You have to be patient, take your time and of course some players will do great in the Championship and then when you come to the Premiership it's different.

"Sometimes you have to see it happen and then you can judge certain players, because the pressure is suddenly way higher.

"The money is not there anymore, it's in La Liga or the Premier League, in the German league, the Italian - even the French league is more exciting than the Dutch and the Scottish. It's very difficult so we have to accept we have to build with young talent and have to be patient."

6 hours ago, In Dungeons Deep said:

Aw aye he's a massive risk and not really established he's only the only manager in the history of Dutch football to win 4 league titles in a row.

Aye but cmon fuck sake mate he blew 5 in a row on the last day of the season. :lol: 

See if king wants to win me over, get FdB in as our manager/head coach in the summer and hand him a good transfer kitty to build a team with.

thats what I'd love, I'll tell you what will happen though we'll be sitting with a mcleish type manager and buying freebies galore whilst the bheggers spend millions.

Over to you King to prove me wrong. 

Guest Lloyd72
1 hour ago, miracle said:

His first two singings at Inter were 70 million euros for the pair. This is pie in the sky.

Don't see what you mean, why would the combined amount of money he paid for his first two players at Inter mean he won't come here?

Maybe he could persuade Berahino to come? :whistle: :lol:

This whole thing is beginning to get a PLG vibe - i.e. Whisperings, nothing substantial but rumours won't die. If we had £20m to spend then maybe, but we apparently don't.

There is no doubt a signing like FdB would help attract players, but I honestly don't see it happening.