***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

I can only see the below scenarios when it comes to the Portuguese fella.

1. New DoF has suggested him. Or he has come up in DoF interview process. To be honest it's surely likely to have been an interview question, who would you want as manger or something  like it.

2. Someone part of the interview process fancies themselves as a bit of a hipster football manager type and is pushing from within.

3. The guy put his CV in and had a belter of an interview.

For me the only worrying one is number 2. The others are for me a risk, but more calculated at least.

The worrier in me does think we might have some leftfield board member trying to show he's down with the kids and came up with this guy at random.

He's either a smokescreen or on his way.

169 pages of let's wait and see..

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yup including the ones who are all of a sudden excited at the thought ...

it works both ways 

I think it bubbles down to if you've faith in the board to get a gamble right or not (I don't) and please don't say every appointment is a gamble that's just an attempt to shut down debate. 

We are in no position to take left field gambles with our most important appointment ever 

and there's also the big elephant in the room regarding this ill fated DOF nonsense - I thought a DOF picked the manager? Have we made a rip roaring cunt of the set up before we make the appointment/s? I've seen a couple of people ask this and be shot down 

This is the biggest point for me, in what business would you recruit a direct report before recruiting their manager. It's poor practice. The board have also been briefing Ross Wilson all week but it now looks like he's turned us down. From a business and PR POV they've royally fucked the decision making process up. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

I'd say the Mexican league is of a much higher standard than Scottish and Norwegian football. I can only base this on the players produced as I obviously don't follow each league in detail, but going by players and reputation - it's a higher standard. 

I'm waiting on the people who, the other month had it out with me for saying we shouldn't be looking at the Scandinavian markets for players use this same logic to justify why Pedro isn't like Delia lol ... any day now one of them will say it :) 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Including a title where he finished 7/8th ... And what's he done in his other managerial spells? I read he was leading teams to worse spells than they're previous years standings 

stats can be used any way you like I read his CV and wasn't taken in overall but some can read it and take what they like from it to justify their outlook - shit happens - again it just bubbles down to what faith you've got 

I had a look at his record last year. UD Leira dropped one position from the season before appointing him. After sacking him in October they were relegated in two consecutive seasons and are still in D3. 

Nacional improved on their league position and reached a cup semi under him.

Santos had the single most successful spell in their history under him.

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

First lines bullshit - I said a few times past few days I hope he proves me wrong and I'll say on here I was wrong, hold my hands up and look stupid. I'm dying for that to happen 

I doubt there is many going to admit it!

I'm glass-half-full on this one.  

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

I like Rowatt but don't know if he'd be able to steer an average Mexican team to the title, 2 cups and the CONCACAF Champions League final. He ended up getting offered the Mexico job, thats how well he done over there in a higher standard league. McInnes certainly wouldn't anyway.

It's apples and pears though ... there's people saying the Swedish/Norway leagues better than SPL therefore Delia is a better option for them 

what's he done in his other spells other places? He's been a manager 7/8 years it said ..

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

I doubt there is many going to admit it!

I'm glass-half-full on this one.  

I will. You've got my word. 

But on the same token if/when he fails you'll hear me too lol 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

When he took over he saved them from relegation, had a good season next season and they were bottom a couple of months into his last season. From what I am reading right now he was rated, it was the team that was garbage and he had them punching. 

Regarding your other point McInnes has knowledge of the Scottish game. Won a cup, got them finishing seconds and they're ahead of us in the league with a much smaller budget/resources. I'm not saying he's an amazing manager or a top candidate - I'm saying he's a much better candidate than Pedro.

It's amazing watching the forum narrative change when it becomes apparent he's our man. I get that he needs supporter - that's what good supporters do but it doesn't mean the debate stops and concerns aren't invalid all of a sudden. 

Aberdeen's budget isn't "much smaller" than ours, IMO.

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We'll know by the end of the season if Pedro's the man, if he can do anything with the failures we have at the moment then the future is rosey.

If we continue with hit and miss results he can GTF.

To be fair mate even though I think he'll be a disaster I can't judge him with this shower of crap - he needs funds to bring in his own team and players that can play the way he wants 

however he could hit the ground running and get these players looking great so he's in a no lose position initially anyway.

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We'll know by the end of the season if Pedro's the man, if he can do anything with the failures we have at the moment then the future is rosey.

Nonsense he can't be judged on how this shower of losers perform for him.

7 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

FFS.

He's going to need a chance To fix the shite MW has left behind. He will need to instill his methods and see what players can or can't cope with his style etc. 

Then he will need to bring in some.of his own players. He will need at least till xmas

37 minutes ago, The Dude said:

By speaking to folk who follow Mexican football, looking at both of their achievements and weighing them up.

McInnes has turned Aberdeen from a team who win a trophy once a decade to one who win a trophy once a decade. 

So that wee teams success can be attributed to Jimmy Calderwood who must have done a great job at Aberdeen then? :whistle:

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

:lol::lol::lol: The internet world at its very best clown 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

To be fair mate even though I think he'll be a disaster I can't  judge him with this shower of crap - he needs funds to bring in his other team and players that can play the way he wants 

however he could hit the ground running and get these players looking great so he's in a no lose position initially anyway.

Well, if he's a decent manager hopefully he finds a way to stop us losing stupid goals, if he's a dud then we'll be losing more, it seems he likes a physical midfield and gives up possession to hit on the break, and he does his homework on the opposition......we will see.

54 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Agreed. Which isn't rational thinking at all in my eyes. 

what i find mental is that people are comparing puel and poch to this cunt.

how can anyone compare managing in ligue 1 or la liga to managing in fucking doha? 

2 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

If Sir Walter had said after the Hamilton game that Pedro was a dynamite manager that we absolutely have to appoint, would the support for McInnes be so strong on here?

No because Walter Smith handed Ally fucking McCoist the job when he left.

I don't listen to managers opinions on other managers because even the most intelligent, talented and respected managers talk pish when it comes to bigging up their fellow managers. 

On another note, he didn't - he actually said on record the other day McInnes is the man.

Which raises an interesting point to flip it - am I still a diddy for saying I want McInnes as manager? after all "Sir Walter" said he's his choice too the other day ... don't all rush in with the honest replies now. 

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yup including the ones who are all of a sudden excited at the thought ...

it works both ways 

I think it bubbles down to if you've faith in the board to get a gamble right or not (I don't) and please don't say every appointment is a gamble that's just an attempt to shut down debate. 

We are in no position to take left field gambles with our most important appointment ever 

and there's also the big elephant in the room regarding this ill fated DOF nonsense - I thought a DOF picked the manager? Have we made a rip roaring cunt of the set up before we make the appointment/s? I've seen a couple of people ask this and be shot down 

Yup it does work both ways.... but fuck it.. I'm liking this and that's how I'm gonna roll. 

Who is to say the potential DOF has not identified Pedro? we know nothing of anything at the moment as it's all speculation.

I do know one thing and that's Mcinnes's form .....

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

No because Walter Smith handed Ally fucking McCoist the job when he left.

I don't listen to managers opinions on other managers because even the most intelligent, talented and respected managers talk pish when it comes to bigging up their fellow managers. 

On another note, he didn't - he actually said on record the other day McInnes is the man.

Which raises an interesting point to flip it - am I still a diddy for saying I want McInnes as manager? after all "Sir Walter" said he's his choice too the other day ... don't all rush in with the honest replies now. 

acca2a93b6c9c74db8b3d8f4091b2686.gif

48 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Yeah because the Mexican leagues like Scotland and he'll slot right in ... even Delia was a top manager in Scandinavia 

And Le Guen won 3 in in a row with Lyon. It's cliché to say it but the game is different in Scotland than most other countries which is why so many Scots go down south and fail and vice versa

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Yup it does work both ways.... but fuck it.. I'm liking this and that's how I'm gonna roll. 

Who is to say the potential DOF has not identified Pedro? we know nothing of anything at the moment as it's all speculation.

I do know one thing and that's Mcinnes's form .....

We wanted to appoint him as number 2 to Perreria originally 18 months ago. So I think he's already been on our radar ... and we don't have a potential DOF as it stands .. why would we take their request for manager, appoint him and still honour it after Wilson has knocked us back and Mitchell we don't even know if he's a contender or not. 

It just doesn't make sense no matter how it's spun.