***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

it'll either be a disaster or a genius appointment

I'm hoping that's the case. 

It has to be one or the other (obviously pref a genius appointment) the worst thing that can happen is a grey area appointment.

What I mean by that is someone who's just done enough to merit staying in a job a wee bit longer, then a wee bit longer again and again without doing anything of note or having all sorts of excuses made for him. Basically the sort of excuses that kept McCoist in a job for 4 years and Warburton getting us promoted and beating Celtic papering over the cracks and him getting too long too as we struggle for 2nd place.

I don't know if that makes sense but the worst thing that can happen is someone who does an in-between job as we need solid success or we need to cut our loses again and get rid. One or the other. 

Guest Lloyd72
2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

It has to be one or the other (obviously pref a genius appointment) the worst thing that can happen is a grey area appointment.

What I mean by that is someone who's just done enough to merit staying in a job a wee bit longer, then a wee bit longer again and again without doing anything of note or having all sorts of excuses made for him. Basically the sort of excuses that kept McCoist in a job for 4 years and Warburton getting us promoted and beating Celtic papering over the cracks and him getting too long too as we struggle for 2nd place.

I don't know if that makes sense but the worst thing that can happen is someone who does an in-between job as we need solid success or we need to cut our loses again and get rid. One or the other. 

imo that's exactly what mcinnes would be

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Valid point, we basically need to know quickly if this will be a success or not, prolonged periods of mediocrity or false dawns never help and that's all it's been this year under Warburton.

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

As this drags on am getting more excited by this. Looking forward to this appointment more than Sunday tbh.

it'll either be a disaster or a genius appointment

It will be nice to actually have a manager, been rudderless for nearly a month - which I think it disgusting.

55 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I hope no. Davies is someone I can imagine going to the interview with a batman costume on and challenging everyone he passed to a sock slide championship on the way there.

That's telling me something.

3/1 with Ladbrokes now, somethings going on!!

Pedro Caixinha set to become new Rangers boss after Qatar go-ahead

Pedro Caixinha is waiting for the go-ahead to fly to Glasgow to finalise a deal to become the new manager of Rangers, according to Sky sources.

It is understood there are a few details left to iron out but both the club and the Portuguese expect the move to go through, with Caixinha, who is currently the boss of Qatari side Al-Gharafa, now in line to become Mark Warburton's successor at Ibrox barring any unexpected hitches.

Sky Sports News HQ reporter Charles Paterson says the 46-year-old is simply waiting for the approval of the Al-Gharafa president before flying to Scotland to take up his new role.

Pedro Caixinha, the favourite to be the next Rangers manager, is in Qatar tonight and he is waiting for the green light to fly to Scotland to become the Rangers manager," he said. "The deal hinges on the go-say of the president of Al-Gharafa Football Club, who Caixinha currently manages.

"The president is Sheikh Jassim bin Thamer Al Thani and he is a member of Qatar's governing family and because of his extremely important role, not just with regards to the football club but in Qatari life in general, there is a certain protocol that needs to be undertaken, I understand.

"Caixinha is essentially waiting for the green light from the club president to be allowed to leave Al-Gharafa and to head to Rangers.

"There is not believed to be a big issue with regards to compensation. This has been dragging out for some days now but Rangers are confident that they will get their man and Caixinha is confident that this deal will go through."

Warburton left Rangers, along with assistant David Weir and head of recruitment Frank McParland, nearly a month ago in acrimonious circumstances.

Rangers travel to Parkhead on Sunday for the Old Firm clash with Celtic, live on Sky Sports 1 HD, but it looks unlikely that Caixinha will take charge for that match.

"It is unclear as to when he will arrive in Scotland and I understand that Caixinha is likely to watch the game with Celtic from the stands at Celtic Park," Paterson added. "It looks unlikely that he will be in the dugout. This is assuming that this deal gets completed.

"But all the signs tonight [Tuesday] are pointing to this deal being done, possibly before the weekend, and Pedro Caixinha will be the next Rangers manager."

A little bit off topic. Since the board have let this drag on for a while now and it is supposedly he is expected here late this week, what would people prefer happen. Murty to be in charge on the Sunday or Pedro to have his first game on the Sunday? For me I prefer Murty take this game in charge (I am not sure if he will be or not) but it could give a chance for Pedro to sit and see the team play and analyse what changes he thinks we will need and also give him a chance to see the smelly lot play too and break down their tactics. 

15 minutes ago, denya said:

A little bit off topic. Since the board have let this drag on for a while now and it is supposedly he is expected here late this week, what would people prefer happen. Murty to be in charge on the Sunday or Pedro to have his first game on the Sunday? For me I prefer Murty take this game in charge (I am not sure if he will be or not) but it could give a chance for Pedro to sit and see the team play and analyse what changes he thinks we will need and also give him a chance to see the smelly lot play too and break down their tactics. 

The man would be a fool if he's on the touch line.

38 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

How true is it he's paying £300k of his own money to come here?

More newspaper garbage is what initially sprung to mind.

I reckon maybe that's was the remainder of his wages he will be giving up by leaving. I highly doubt it is coming out his own pocket 

Guest Lloyd72
6 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

I reckon maybe that's was the remainder of his wages he will be giving up by leaving. I highly doubt it is coming out his own pocket 

Apparently he's due a 300k bonus from Al Garafha but he is Waiving it to push through a move to us

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Maybe he's waiving it but they have to sign Kiernan from us when he does join:rofl:

They've agreed to use the 300k to sign Kiernan, Senderos, Halliday, Holt and MoH from us