***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

Guest Lloyd72
3 minutes ago, bannedfromff said:

This is absolute nonsense if this happens.

2 months time we'll have threads saying get McInnes in before the European games.

I bet you got banned from FF for being a taig, also Mcinnes has had great success in europe hasn't he ??

2 hours ago, George Goudie said:

That's the point of the Director of Football though. The manager is always going to be short term now. The budget will be as much the Director of Football's as it will be Pedro's.

So why do we need a manager if the budget is the DoF's? Two wages for one job. Great!

Guest Lloyd72
7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

So why do we need a manager if the budget is the DoF's? Two wages for one job. Great!

Except they're not doing the same job..DoF is in charge of everything to do with the club scouting, youth development etc. The manager is in charge of the first team.

14 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

The budget will be both. Director of Football will be focused on what happens beyond the couple of years the manager will be here. The manager will be focused on the here and now.

It's not the same job, it's splitting an existing job into two and getting the jobs done to a higher degree of skill as a result, in theory.

12 minutes ago, mick1271 said:

No he shouldn't have and no he wouldn,t have .

s all about opinions mate, I feel IF he was left to change the whole attitude of our squad that football was more IMportant than dancing on a saturday night and eating kebabs we as a club would have benifited IN the long run,

People don't like McInnes because he manages Aberdeen and is Scottish*. I would rather get him in that Mr. 8th Place League Title if I'm being honest, there is no scenario in which I can envision Pedro being anything other than a horrible failure.

*I've noticed a massive aversion to Scottish managers and players online in the past few years.

Just now, RDFM said:

People don't like McInnes because he manages Aberdeen and is Scottish*. I would rather get him in that Mr. 8th Place League Title if I'm being honest, there is no scenario in which I can envision Pedro being anything other than a horrible failure.

*I've noticed a massive aversion to Scottish managers and players online in the past few years.

A failure like Scottish clubs and managers have made a very good habit of? 

1 minute ago, RDFM said:

Caixinha's won more in a better league.

And to answer your last point,because the vast majority of them are rank fucking rotten.

18 minutes ago, Lloyd72 said:

Except they're not doing the same job..DoF is in charge of everything to do with the club scouting, youth development etc. The manager is in charge of the first team.

The thing is with a director of football, hes to blame if the players arent up to scratch. He would be in charge of recruitment, and i dare say would have an opinion on the style of play. The head coach would be purely picking the team and coaching them throughout the week. 

So if, in a years time, the team are rotten, whos to blame?

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Caixinha's won more in a better league.

And to answer your last point,because the vast majority of them are rank fucking rotten.

I'm sure if the Scottish league could be won despite finishing 8th then a few managers may have a league title under their belt, alas, you actually need to win more games than everyone to lift silverware at season's end over here.

3 minutes ago, gersandy said:

The thing is with a director of football, hes to blame if the players arent up to scratch. He would be in charge of recruitment, and i dare say would have an opinion on the style of play. The head coach would be purely picking the team and coaching them throughout the week. 

So if, in a years time, the team are rotten, whos to blame?

Craig Whyte?

Just now, RDFM said:

I'm sure if the Scottish league could be won despite finishing 8th then a few managers may have a league title under their belt, alas, you actually need to win more games than everyone to lift silverware at season's end over here.

John Souttar is never going to come to Rangers.