Pedros Local Assistant

bluchoo

26 minutes ago, He's blue he's white said:

Managed clyde and failed there at a fourth teir team and set up = not qualified.

Managed clyde and failed there at a fourth teir team and set up = not experienced enough.

He won't be the one leading the train8ng sessions. From the videos we have seen so far the boss seems very hands on and seems to be leading the training sessions. Ferguson will come in and be told what to do when on the training field and be asked to fill in the coaching staff with the rest of the teams, local knowledge etc. The guy knows what it's like to win at Rangers and will be a major plus to the coaching staff if added I think.

Just now, Big Al II said:

:digging:

Ok big Al, we have our own opinions.  Mine is based on Ferguson's lack of successful managerial/coaching stints and also I believe that he lacks that wealth of knowledge pedro is looking for regarding our opponents in the spl.

3 minutes ago, james_85 said:

He won't be the one leading the train8ng sessions. From the videos we have seen so far the boss seems very hands on and seems to be leading the training sessions. Ferguson will come in and be told what to do when on the training field and be asked to fill in the coaching staff with the rest of the teams, local knowledge etc. The guy knows what it's like to win at Rangers and will be a major plus to the coaching staff if added I think.

He does know what it takes to succeed at our club,  no doubt about that.  I just think he doesn't have all the required skills and attributes.

1 hour ago, james_85 said:

Yeah totally...

He'll be in a great position to have full contact with the players and say things regarding pedro like ''well no, I wouldn't have done things like that'', ''I honestly don't think he knows what he's doing'' etc

Nothing against the guy, but I think his selection could be a hell of a bad move. People trying to defend him by saying oh, but he's just going to be in the background, he's not going to be hugely influential on tactics, player selection etc.

Emm... are you forgetting that even as a player - a player - he was able to create unrest and undermine PLG?

I'm sure if certain folk here had their way, we wouldn't have a club. 

Passion is great, loyalty is great, however sometimes the head should rule the heart.

Anyone considered the possibility that Ferguson will develope into a good coach working under Pedro and his team whilst also helping Pedro settle into Rangers and provide him with a knowledge of the history of the club, Glasgow, media etc? 

A lot is getting made of the footballing role Fergie or whoever will take but seem to be ignoring what Pedro has actually said about this local assistant. He ain't looking for a world class coach. He's got his key backroom staff already but wants someone to assist with info about the club etc on a daily basis. If an ex captain who won numerous trophies under managers from different cultures as well as captaining teams flooded with UK and foreign players ain't good enough for this role then I dont know who is.

He's got my backing. I'd rather have a Fergie who'll have his own say instead of a yes man like Weir. And as Goat said earlier in this topic Pedro will happily put Fergie in his place if he needs to and not be a shitebag like PLG was.

I've made it pretty clear that I'm quite apprehensive about Ferguson, but let's be honest if Pedro wants a younger coach who he can influence and further  develop who already has extensive experience of Scottish Football, more preferably Rangers, then it is going to be a pretty short list of names because there aren't many people who fit that bill around.

I actually find it strange for any manager from Europe to be unaware of what needs to be done to make his team successful ..... and even stranger when it comes to a Club of our worldwide stature ..... local knowledge is all fine and well ... but as an actual paid position? .... all we really need is for one of Pedro's trusted team to go to matches and check out the opposition and come up with a tactical solution to out manoeuvre them.

This was one crucial element that was clearly lacking in the previous management's locker ... and reading from what PC has said ...... one he takes seriously .... this is what I think will prove more fruitful than creating a post we don't really require.

:UK:

Reasons why Ferguson might work.

He cares about the club and knows what it's about.

Knows what it takes to go from youth team to first team.

Has something to prove.

Fits the criteria outlined.

He's a winner.

He was a fine player, which should earn him respect.

Reasons it won't work.

Cant see why Pedro would have been impressed with his coaching CV.

He's opinionated.

He's proven to be disruptive.

Hasn't coped well under foreign managers.

It's not exactly factual, but i have seen him out local a few times, and he was a fucking throbber on each occasion.

If Pedro has chosen him after interview then fine by me, if not then he's being undermined from the start, which doesn't send out great signals.

I think as a player Ferguson certainly caused disruption and undermined managers but I think maybe now as a coach or no. 3 he'll possibly take a step back from all that and do what's asked of him, hoping that's the case anyway but time will tell. (If he's selected for the role of course) 

After the disasters of McCoist and Weir I'm nervous about having another 'Rangers man' on the coaching staff.  I honestly believe appointments like this are for the fans benefit, not the managers.  Pedro doesn't need to be told it's a big club, or that winning is important.  Those are nonsense soundbites.

35 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

After the disasters of McCoist and Weir I'm nervous about having another 'Rangers man' on the coaching staff.  I honestly believe appointments like this are for the fans benefit, not the managers.  Pedro doesn't need to be told it's a big club, or that winning is important.  Those are nonsense soundbites.

You think Pedro has came in and wants to appoint a "local assistant" for the fans benefit? :headscratch:

People are just talking shite now because they don't like Ferguson and it might be him that gets the role.

5 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

I actually find it strange for any manager from Europe to be unaware of what needs to be done to make his team successful ..... and even stranger when it comes to a Club of our worldwide stature ..... local knowledge is all fine and well ... but as an actual paid position? .... all we really need is for one of Pedro's trusted team to go to matches and check out the opposition and come up with a tactical solution to out manoeuvre them.

This was one crucial element that was clearly lacking in the previous management's locker ... and reading from what PC has said ...... one he takes seriously .... this is what I think will prove more fruitful than creating a post we don't really require.

Think nearly all european managers do it. Thought it was van gaal that never done and got blamed heavily for his failure, but just rememered he had Giggs. Some premiership manager never done it and it got noted heavily anyway.

If it is Barry I hope he's grown up and realised that it's not all about him. I can't help but feel bitter towards him though because he had the platform  through his shitty column in whatever rag he writes for to stick up for us on many occasions and AFAIK he didn't :huh:

In saying that Barry does have the knowledge of our club and the passion to pass this onto the players so, although not my personal choice, if it is him he'll get my full backing.

I'm sure, from why I've read, that Pedro will kick his arse out the door if he starts any of his shit!

8 hours ago, GaryMc said:

Anyone considered the possibility that Ferguson will develope into a good coach working under Pedro and his team whilst also helping Pedro settle into Rangers and provide him with a knowledge of the history of the club, Glasgow, media etc? 

A lot is getting made of the footballing role Fergie or whoever will take but seem to be ignoring what Pedro has actually said about this local assistant. He ain't looking for a world class coach. He's got his key backroom staff already but wants someone to assist with info about the club etc on a daily basis. If an ex captain who won numerous trophies under managers from different cultures as well as captaining teams flooded with UK and foreign players ain't good enough for this role then I dont know who is.

He's got my backing. I'd rather have a Fergie who'll have his own say instead of a yes man like Weir. And as Goat said earlier in this topic Pedro will happily put Fergie in his place if he needs to and not be a shitebag like PLG was.

Yes he knows all about the media hes got his own column in that fukin rag no self respecting bear would look at.

As a player he always inspired me, seeing him cope with some of the best midfielders in Europe and beyond that, bossed the spl for years and tore into the scum on the pitch at every opportunity -  a fantastic captain and servant to the club.

However, jumped ship to chase the £'s and didn't look back until he wanted back, was greeting and using his influence to return to the club. 

He then played out his remaining years with the club displaying the ultimate in loyalty.

You have to look at what he has done since hanging up the boots...

1. Taking pops against 'his' club in the public forum.

2. Failed down south, so returned to the low leagues of Scotland to 'learn his trade' 

3. Failed in the low leagues of scotland and ultimately resigned before sacked as Clyde went from promotion contenders to relegation fighters.

4. Questioned the appointment of Pedro in his paper, for all public to see.

5. "Lifting the cup with birmingham was the biggest and best achievement in footbal."

One thing that doesn't seem to have changed along the way is the man's character, he appears to be ego-centric, single minded and selfish.

Just can't see how this would work, it would require the most amount of effort from Barry to be a team player and that's what's worrying, as its akways 'his baw' if however; he gets the gig I'll support him and truly hope he proves me wrong.

7 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thought this was a joke when I got told tonight. 

A crazy appointment, Pedro doesn't know what he's let in. He will cause nothing but disruption, watch this space he will undermine the manager, Pedro gets the boot and oh look Ferguson is there to take over. 

Pedro also now has a board spy right next to him. 

And a rebel reporter and his brother will find our everything .

This one is obviously down to Murray I feel .

Totally depressing that this guy has found himself back at Rangers .

What next .Return of McCoist

I posted a couple of days back saying I thought Barry would be a good choice, but all the posts pointing out what could go wrong are making me very uneasy. 

It will all depend on what his motivation for wanting the job is, I hope it is not as many have said a board placement to have ears and eyes behind the scenes. 

Time will tell I suppose but as @Bobby Hume has said above I do wonder if this position is a good idea. :confused:

28 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I posted a couple of days back saying I thought Barry would be a good choice, but all the posts pointing out what could go wrong are making me very uneasy. 

It will all depend on what his motivation for wanting the job is, I hope it is not as many have said a board placement to have ears and eyes behind the scenes. 

Time will tell I suppose but as @Bobby Hume has said above I do wonder if this position is a good idea. :confused:

It's just a role where the manager wants someone who knows the club and culture to come in and be there if he needs him.

They way folk are going on it's like Barry would be coming in, taking training...changing the meal plans and firing out bottles of aftershock to the boys after training.

It's a small role nothing more. Calm doon 

Think its a disaster waiting to happen with him. Any cunt that writes for the Rhebel can fucking do one whether ex player etc I dont care.

His Ego alone will ruin any chance of this being a good move . Still thinks he is bigger than the club.

John Brown can also fuck off ,creepin bastard with the board

8 hours ago, Cam1872 said:

Reasons it won't work.

Cant see why Pedro would have been impressed with his coaching CV.

He's opinionated.

He's proven to be disruptive.

Hasn't coped well under foreign managers.

It's not exactly factual, but i have seen him out local a few times, and he was a fucking throbber on each occasion.

His coaching CV is not the best granted but its still early days and there are loads of top coaches who didn't have the best of starts.

Of course he is opinionated and if you watch Pedro talk about his backroom team that's one characteristic he looks for in an assistant, he said himself he wants his coaches to challenge him and present new ideas if they have them.

Proven to be disruptive on two occasions over a playing career which spanned two decades, has also proven to be a leader and one of the most successful captains this club has ever had.

As for foreign managers, he's worked under two at Rangers and Advocaat had nothing but great things to say about him, hell he built a team around him ffs, but hey that doesn't count, the whole LeGuen scenario must mean he cant work under someone foreign <sigh>

Whether or not the guy is a "throbber" he, like Pedro and his team deserve the chance to prove himself and show that he has matured since retiring.