Reflect on the last 5 years in your own words

Gaz52

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember listen to some older Bears' on RangersRadio a few years back.  The older guy Cerberus had said all the shite had negatively impacted upon his health.  I do feel stressed by it all at times and try to limit my exposure to it as much as I can.  Last season when the Tims were totally dominating I stopped watching games and had a self imposed ban when it cam to radio and TV coverage of Scottish sport.  As always, just when you think it's safe to put your head above the parapet, I get fucked again with the early exit from Europe.  That had be raging again. 

These last 5 years have been a hardship and it's not over yet.  We've still got mountains to climb.  The green eyed monster across the city is strolling its way towards 10-IN-A-ROW with a keen interest in stripping our titles at the same time.  They were hanging effigies of protestants from the girders of Celtic park last season and knotting Celtic scarves to the goalposts of Ibrox.  There's much work to be done. 

Being thrown out of the SPL: Scandalous and degrading.

Division 3 season: A novelty at first but a fucking nightmare as we limped home at the end of the season.

League 1 season: Fucking awful football and, despite going the whole league season unbeaten, still humiliating as a result of cup final defeat to Raith (the day I stopped believing in Ally).

1st Championship season: The worst of the lot, although in mitigation it did finally deliver the dismissal of McCoist and McDowell. Play offs defeat, despite best efforts of the dependable Stuart McCall, was agonising.

2nd championship season: Won the title and the whatever it's called cup and a season I enjoyed immensely, although the moaners were still not completely satisfied due to form understandably dipping towards the end of the campaign with title already easily won. Cup Final defeat will haunt me forever and aftermath will enrage and disgust me until the day I die. Despicable Hibs are now enemy number 1 for me. I hope we avenge them in all aspects in the years to come.

Last season: Disappointing but I really didn't want Warburton to leave when he did. His replacement is the biggest fucking muppet ever to be employed by this club. I hope he is sacked within the next few weeks. 

The boardroom changes and financial problems have been dispiriting, leaving you feeling you can trust no one. 

The Tax case loss has revived all the bitterness about title stripping and leaves me fearing both for our future and the game in Scotland. So much hate. It is so harmful.

Moving forward, provided we replace our current manager (who I can't even bring myself to name), then I remain optimistic that before 10 in a row for Septic we will win the league and begin an exciting new era.

Firstly I think it's been 5 and a half years of hell...iirc it was about December 2011 that the first murmurings of financial difficulty was being leaked in the national press.... by the January we dropped numerous points in the leagues as players had discussions of wage cuts and In February officially going into admin ....it's been horrendous at times and there had been very few highlights in that period... the most positives have been....

1. The support who have been  incredible throughout.

2. semi final win over the tarriers.

3. Returning to the Premier league.

other than that it's been a long slog ....

A real drag, with the odd moment of enjoyment. And a real eye opener as well. An eye opener in the sense that I found out that a lot of football fans in this country aren't really football fans at all. Theyd rather talk about tax issues and the imagined status, whether they can call it old or new, of a team they don't support. When some said they would see their own teams  go out of buisness rather than keep Rangers in the top league that proved to me the kind of people they are. No true football fan would do this.

It's been fucking horrendous, but it shows what a great support we have. We can certainly no longer be classed as glory hunters. 

Title 55 will probably be one of the greatest feelings of my life asides from my son being born. Only downside is it could be years and years before it happens. But it inevitably will. 

6 minutes ago, ZZed said:

galvanising

Naw, it's taken the board five years to galvanise.

Verb

"galvanise"

to shock or excite (someone) into taking action.

"the urgency of his voice galvanized them into action"

synonyms:jolt, shock, startle, impel, stir, spur, prod, urge, motivate, stimulate, electrify, excite, rouse, arouse, awaken, invigorate, fire, fuel, animate, vitalize, energize, exhilarate, thrill, dynamize, inspire; 

:megaanguish: