*** The Official Old Firm Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

The team should be

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson

Candeias Jack Dorrans John

Pena 

Morelos

With Pena making it a midfield 5 without the ball. 

Unfortunately I think it'll be 

Fod

Tav Cardoso Alves Hodson

Candeias Jack Dorrans Windass 

Miller 

Morelos

That team gets pumped cause were basically playing with 9 men starting Windass and Miller

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

whats your team then mate? I dont rate Windass, but theres nobody else  - and i think Pena is far more suited to that No.10 role than Miller. I certainly don't think he is a man down.

We could have Hodson at LB and DJ in front of him instead of Windass   Definitely have Pena instead of Miller. Alternative is Herrera.  Really don't want to see Windass and Miller in on Saturday

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

i think we could win by a freak goal but i don't think any of our players understand the hatred or mentality needed for these games. They should be frothing at the mouth and punching the walls waiting to get tore into these scummy cunts but they'll probbaly be more interested in making sure their hair looks ok for the cameras.

i honestly hope that if we're taking a heavy defeat we take out a few of their scumbag bastards for all their scarf tying , flag planting pish in previous years with us and others.

What players this season have shown an attitude like that? Even Windass arguably looks a little more aggressive albeit he is definitely the weak link in terms of mentality. I can't see Tav, Cardoso, Alves, Jack, Dorrans, Candeias or Morelos giving anything but 100% in terms of aggression.

1 hour ago, Band of Brothers said:

I have said it since they gubbed us at Ibrox none of our players should be allowing brown and thumb to parade around our home turf, noising fans up is one thing but it was goading on a level where a fan took it on himself due to our weak players at the time.

I don't see those 2 pricks getting away with it this time or any scarf to posts shite and I hope the atmosphere is phosphorus that there wee arses are twitching even at the thought of taking a corner or a shy. Look at that cunt last night one knee to the back and he let the next ball go out.

Totally agree 

2 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

What players this season have shown an attitude like that? Even Windass arguably looks a little more aggressive albeit he is definitely the weak link in terms of mentality. I can't see Tav, Cardoso, Alves, Jack, Dorrans, Candeias or Morelos giving anything but 100% in terms of aggression.

Cardoso/Tav have both been bullied at points this season, Jack has stood up well, Dorrans has been a mixed bag

We need to go out and leave one on them early, we retaliate to aggression but we never initiate it.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Cardoso/Tav have both been bullied at points this season, Jack has stood up well, Dorrans has been a mixed bag

We need to go out and leave one on them early, we retaliate to aggression but we never initiate it.

Fair point with those two but they've also shown fight at other points. Cardoso needs to concentrate and Tav needs to stay positionally disciplined. Dorrans and Jack will be key for us in midfield. I can see one of them getting booked early on.

On 9/21/2017 at 04:01, Dan Deacon said:

You've got mccrorie and fabio at right back Bruno ch and lb

Jack sweeper with tav dm

Wallace attacking mid 

3 number ten caniedas Miller and dorrans 

Morelos up front 

Absolutely crazy mate 

In the formation, Jack's primary role is not sweeper; he is a DM or midfield anchor/holding midfielder  - that's why he was placed in front of the 3 CB rather than behind them. One of his secondary roles in this formation is, when Tav, as a wing back, carries the ball up the wing, then Jack temporarily covers Tav's right back zone. Jack also does the same for Wallace(John) on the left side. Therefore, it's critical when Tav goes forward Wallace(John) does not and vice versa.

When Tav goes forward and Candias is not involved in the play, then it's Candias' responsibility to cover defensively for Tav not Jack's. 

The formation also shows 3 centre backs. Bruno is in the middle, McCrorie is on the right side of him. McCrorie is a fail safe if Candias and Jack are unable to cover Tav's right back zone when he goes up.

The same rotation and interchange tactics occurs between Wallace (John), Jack, Millar and Cardosa on the left side.

Candias zonal responsibilities in this formation, as he's been doing, are right wing, inside right, and covering for Tav when he moves up and he's not in the play. Miller does the same on the left side. 

Dorrans is in the middle between Candias and Miller behind Morelos, passing down the channels and to the wings, and shooting from the 18 yard line.

celtic are beatable. The players have to believe this, 100%. Virtually every Scottish club coming up against them start the game thinking they're going to lose. This is not the case in Europe and look at how they fared against the might of Rosenberg and Astana. So Pedro's main task is to ensure they take to the pitch believing they will win.

40 minutes ago, don logan said:

celtic are beatable. The players have to believe this, 100%. Virtually every Scottish club coming up against them start the game thinking they're going to lose. This is not the case in Europe and look at how they fared against the might of Rosenberg and Astana. So Pedro's main task is to ensure they take to the pitch believing they will win.

This 100%! All about the players believing they can do it, if not then we are fucked. Just hope Ibrox is as intimidating as fuck for these cunts. ??

6 hours ago, WeirFleckNRothen said:

A very, very poor Progrès turned us over, for fuck's sake. The difference is the tarriers won the first leg 5-0.

Madness, honestly. It's on the verge of delusion.

I'm becoming very conscious of appearing like I want us to lose - I don't  - but some of the shite being spouted goes beyond optimism. It's as if no-one watched those two games against Partick.

i agree the progres result was a complete and utter disaster as was the league match v hibs where the ginger poof had his team hyped up with additional crack rations

i would take issue with what you wrote about the scum and i quote "In Scotland, however, they're light years ahead of everything, including us"

the last time i looked Rangers had won 54 league titles and are light years ahead of the scum  in this particular contest

when i wrote about the scum versus paris tie this was meant as a joke at the expense of our rivals

the scum are not light years ahead of Rangers this is delusional nonsense all that is required from  our chairman is serious investment in the transfer market which would soon knock the scum off their perch

yet again i say a very very very poor astana team  turned over the scum  if they can do it then i am damn sure Rangers can do it

we arra pepol !!!

I have rattled this game about in my head for a while now. Will we won't we. Hope we beat these cunts. I'm clinging onto the game being at Ibrox and hopefully they taigs think they can swan about and we just overpower them and put them out there cocky wee strides rite from the start. 

Always always want these cunts beat, but hoping Saturday that we do it for us and to shut these taig infested bastards that I need to listen to in my works canteen. Am glad I'm not out drinking anymore in mixed pubs as if this is what it's like having to listen to the shite that they talk I think I would be up on a religiously bigoted hatred assault charge if there is such a thing.???

Am not caring how we do it Rangers, just do it for all of us that are connected and support our team. :dance:

Fod

Tav    Cardoso Alves(McCrorie)  John

Candeias  Jack Pena Dorrans   Miller 

Morelos

looking back at the last game at ibrox the midfield was powderpuff holt windass and hyndman in the middle of the park no danger they score 5 again this time around, I would start miller left becuase windass is terrible at least miller gives us 110% and always likes a goal agsinst them a 3-2 win on sat.