Bruno concerned by excessive physicality here.

Marky.

See the thing is, folk are moaning are rough and tumble of the Scottish game. We wouldn't be saying a word if we had a manager and team who were hard, tough to beat, and ground out victories.

It just sounds like sour grapes. Aye cardoso got a broken nose and the challenge should have been punished. But it's a contact sport. Our failure is in not putting together a team that can beat the opponents put in front of them. Sellik have a relatively tough team, with a few more skillful players.

How delusional are we to think on a significantly reduced budget we could put together a more skillful side that is capable of winning. 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If yesterday was just a physical game, even on the edges of the rules I’d be embarrassed with Bruno’s comments however I thought that was appalling  yesterday.  

We need to get our own house in order of that there is no doubt but any team is up against it when that is allowed to go on.

I said it after the Hibs games that I think refs struggle to award us any significant decisions as they know the spotlight and backlash that will follow.  Sounds a bit paranoid I know but it’s getting beyond ‘it all balances out’ now, way beyond. 

That aside we had more than enough chances.  Failure to fix the left hand side will cost Pedro his job  

1 minute ago, markem said:

If yesterday was just a physical game, even on the edges of the rules I’d be embarrassed with Bruno’s comments however I thought that was appalling  yesterday.  

We need to get our own house in order of that there I no doubt but any team is up against it when that is allowed to go on.

I said it after the Hibs games that I think refs struggle to award us and significant decisions as they know the spotlight and backlash that will follow.  Sounds a bit paranoid I know but it’s getting beyond ‘it all balances out’ now, way beyond. 

That aside we had more than enough chances.  Failure to fix the left hand side will cost Pedro his job  

This. First off I'm sick of watching our players play shite or fail to take the chances we get and that is my number one concern about yesterday. 

At the same time though I'm sick of watching teams kick fuck out of and elbow fuck out of our players and get away with it, often right in front of the ref, yet a couple of soft fouls from one of ours and it's a yellow. How may yellows has Morelos picked up simply for doing the same thing back to the defenders that have been fouling him all game beforehand? 

9 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

See the thing is, folk are moaning are rough and tumble of the Scottish game. We wouldn't be saying a word if we had a manager and team who were hard, tough to beat, and ground out victories.

It just sounds like sour grapes. Aye cardoso got a broken nose and the challenge should have been punished. But it's a contact sport. Our failure is in not putting together a team that can beat the opponents put in front of them. Sellik have a relatively tough team, with a few more skillful players.

How delusional are we to think on a significantly reduced budget we could put together a more skillful side that is capable of winning. 

It’s not a contact sport. 

Show me where in the rules players getting elbowed in the face, tackles over the ball, last man Rugby tackles, is allowed. 

12 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

It’s the double standards though. We have now seen two players sent of this year whilst opponents are kicking and elbowing us on a regular basis. That’s not a level playing field. 

Imagine Richard Gough of John brown witnessing their young centre half partner getting his nose smashed , the culprit would be cemented the next time he went near the ball , Big Alves did nothing , back in the Walter day’s opposition players wouldn’t dream of carrying on the way they do now coz they knew what would come , Kevin Thomson told us in the Heart and hand podcast Walter used to tell him before old firm game “if you haven’t cemented anybody in the first 10 minutes you’r coming off “ it sets the tone leaves a marker shows we won’t be bullied all the things I thought Alves would have brought , the alarm bells were ringing for me in the hibs game when he didn’t go near stokes , but to be honest is a lad who put his country miles ahead in first and is hell bent on making his last chance to play in a World Cup going to put himself on a the line for us ? Absolutely no chance 

Alves should have been giving Bowman the same treatment Caixinha gave Robinson.

I like him, I just hope he soon realises what many great players fail to see when they come to this league. It’s full of hammer throwers. The sooner you adapt to that and start giving as good as you get, the sooner teams will start to fear you. 

16 hours ago, onefootwillie said:

The problem is if we man up , we all know the our guys will get sent off . We have seen it before . It was brutal out there today . Alves should have been sent off near the end but so should the guy who retaliated and kicked him . The ref let Motherwell away with it all day . I bet they don’t get away with that in the final 

Exactly true - we'll end up getting punished far more often than our opponents. The only reasons Alves stayed on the park yesterday were that the game was already lost at that point and the ref knew fucking well that he let them get away with murder all match long.

6 hours ago, BigDak said:

He actually broke his nose.

While I still think it’s no the way a man behaves (putting stuff up on instagram) let’s not gloss over the truth by saying “he just got a bloody nose”.

I wouldn't expect to see a grown man moan on social media basically begging for sympathy for a broken nose. And have to admit I'm slightly embassessd thst a player actually wanted subbed because of a broken nose. I'd expect him to want back on. Ricky burns fought 10 rounds with a broken jaw. Rugby players, ice hockey players broken noses, bust up teeth, knocked out cold - all get back up and on with the game. 

I expect a player in a Rangers strip to be a man on the pitch. Would terry butcher have cried like this? 

1 hour ago, orangecountry said:

I wouldn't expect to see a grown man moan on social media basically begging for sympathy for a broken nose. And have to admit I'm slightly embassessd thst a player actually wanted subbed because of a broken nose. I'd expect him to want back on. Ricky burns fought 10 rounds with a broken jaw. Rugby players, ice hockey players broken noses, bust up teeth, knocked out cold - all get back up and on with the game. 

I expect a player in a Rangers strip to be a man on the pitch. Would terry butcher have cried like this? 

fuck up 

17 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

fuck up 

Erm... why? 

Are you actually happy a Rangers player is looking for someone to mollycoddle him? These are supposed to be men. Shit happens. He's acting like a spice boy.  Yeah he caught an elbow a sore one but let's be real here. The way he's acting is embarrassing for the club. 

8 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Erm... why? 

Are you actually happy a Rangers player is looking for someone to mollycoddle him? These are supposed to be men. Shit happens. He's acting like a spice boy.  Yeah he caught an elbow a sore one but let's be real here. The way he's acting is embarrassing for the club. 

he posted a pic thanking the fans for their well wishes

a broken nose effects your sight, balance, and other senses, it's not just a pain in your nose

he wasn't 100% after it happened, if Pedro had played with 10 men then brought an injured Cardoso back on in the state he was in hed have been slaughtered 

Yes footballers are pansies, but Cardoso was right for wanting to come off and Pedro was right for subbing him

he wasn't asking for sympathy he was posting his thanks, cunts post their fucking dinner every day to Facebook and post selfies and shite like that all day long so I don't see what the issue is with Cardoso posting his thanks on social media.

your post just makes it look like you've a chip on your shoulder, Cardoso has done nothing wrong here

Rogers has apparently came out and said he feels for Pedro for the referee's decisions during this game, couldn't give the cunt a redneck with a blow torch. I fully expect any physical challenge from the Motherwell players to be nullified during the Cup Final now Saint Brenda has spoken. 

Reading through some of this is embarrassing and we are starting to sound like the professional victims the scum were for many years and a card they still play!! We were done over by a cheaper, smaller, younger but much more physical side and we had no response! No heart, no soul, no teamwork, no instant retribution, no response, no fucking anything!!

Now we are actually posting shite and saying that football is not a contact sport, blah blah blah........we need to grow a pair, give as good as we get and if we lose a man then at least we force the issue at the appeal and can start asking questions about fairness, refereeing standards and quality!