Tav

Lloyd

I genuinely think Tav is a right good quality player. I'd offer him a good contract then try to flog him for good money in a year and a half. I think he has the potential to play at lower EPL level. 

It's a risk, but I think he's worth the punt of pushing the boat out a bit.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I genuinely think Tav is a right good quality player. I'd offer him a good contract then try to flog him for good money in a year and a half. I think he has the potential to play at lower EPL level. 

It's a risk, but I think he's worth the punt of pushing the boat out a bit.

Apparently he doesn’t want to sign a new contract and is looking for a move away 

He does offer a great attacking option but has also cost us many goals. If he's no interest in signing on then I'd sell. He'll be jealous of his bro doing well down south and will feel he wants in on that.

Anything under 3.5 I'd reject and I wouldn't want it incentive based on future sale as I think he's gonna fail at championship level so full cash up front please

I wouldn’t sell him in January unless we get offered silly money. 

He either signs an extension in the Summer or gets punted in the Summer IMO; we can’t afford to have him leave on a free. 

Sincerely hope he signs a long extension and is here for a good few seasons yet.

I just don't accept that we can't get a upgrade on tav 2/3 million and I'd drive him down.

Have Rangers ever had full backs that can't attack not that I can remember. The very fact you will be playing for us means that 95% of domestic matches we should/will be attacking. 

I’d be looking at £3.5- £4 mill and reinvesting that in a RB and striker. 

I reckon you could get as good a RB as Tav for about £2.5 million but the figures being banded about like 650k are just a fucking joke. 

He’s the best RB in the league by a distance and we should be looking to cash in on that if he wants away. But like someone else said I’d make him one of the highest paid players at the club and if he said no he gets a £4 million price tag on his head to leave in January. 

Honestly think that he is by far our best player, will be gutted if he goes.

He is as good as Hutton was for us, just surrounded by utter dross so does not get the exposure of winning leagues and showing his ability in europe.

He is miles better than Broadfoot and Whittiker who won leagues with us.

I really dont understand folk who dont rate him.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

He is as good as Hutton was for us, just surrounded by utter dross so does not get the exposure of winning leagues and showing his ability in europe.

Nope, can't agree with that. Hutton played Champions League football and won trophies, actual ones, not the Scottish championship. Then moved to a top EPL side for £9m.

Lets face it, Tav has had a good half a season in the SPFL, any more than £1.5million for a player we paid £200k for is a steal.

2 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Nope, can't agree with that. Hutton played Champions League football and won trophies, actual ones, not the Scottish championship. Then moved to a top EPL side for £9m.

Lets face it, Tav has had a good half a season in the SPFL, any more than £1.5million for a player we paid £200k for is a steal.

Agreed. Hutton was immense before he left. He was unstoppable down the right hand side and was outstanding at both European and international level. 

5 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

Comparing them is daft. Hutton was a star player in a championship winning side playing in Europe. Hutton was far superior to tav especially in defence

Scottish football was a few levels above what it is now back then plus we were playing CL football as you say.

Tav has been excellent in some games and woeful in others, he's a good option for us but he's never worth more than a couple of million.

5 minutes ago, JograBear said:

In today's market he is worth 3-4m. 

You are not taking into account where he plays, where we are in terms of finance as a club.

Teams know we are struggling in terms of money and throw in low ball offers that our board will accept to keep things rolling around nicely.

Fuck even before admin we were selling players for buttons. It's been the case for over a decade now, not sure why folk think we are suddenly about to turn into astute negotiators when we have skint clowns running us.

2 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agree with all of that except the Hutton bit. For a year with us Hutton was astronomic. If you think they're comparable you're forgetting how good Hutton was during that period, for us in the league and Europe and for Scotland against some top class teams.

Tav is a right good player though. Should be 4 million ballpark IMO. 

20 minutes ago, Polo said:

Agreed. Hutton was immense before he left. He was unstoppable down the right hand side and was outstanding at both European and international level. 

Aye but he was shite the season before and shouldn't be allowed to forget that:whistle:

5 hours ago, bringonthbarca said:

Any realistic suggestions as to who we should go for if Tav did leave? 

Im struggling to think of an attacking RB who’d be available 

I wouldn’t rule out Conor McGlaughlin at Millwall.

Quite an attack minded right back, first choice right back for Northern Ireland now and recently lost his place in the Millwall team and with most teams at the lower end of the Championship having tight budgets they might be somebody they are happy to move on for the right price or to get them off the wage bill.

It’s an easy link to make but with Nicholl coming in he might be a player that he recommends as an affordable replacement for Tav.

Archived