Ryan Jack fitness

eosmhdo

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

I don’t think he has discipline issues tbh a lot of it is just referees being cunts, got to wonder how he went from having no red cards in his career before joining to getting 4 in half a season with us.

He was sent off against us when Hodson and Waghorn scored in december 2016, not sure how many more he has

I struggled to see the point in Jack until a couple of games when he was pushed further forward. It may have been when Dorrans was first out and McCrorie came in? Not sure, but he looked a completely different player and moved the ball really well.

Sitting deep didn't seem to be his thing, even if it was what his reputation was built on. He might be one to survive the summer cull as he has some versatility and isn't a complete shitebag.

He certainly splits opinion, I  rate him as a player who was coming on to a game when he was injured, Dorrans has been a huge let down,after his 2 goal debut at Motherwell he has shown what he is capable of only in very fleeting glimpses.

47 minutes ago, TheMotor said:

I struggled to see the point in Jack until a couple of games when he was pushed further forward. It may have been when Dorrans was first out and McCrorie came in? Not sure, but he looked a completely different player and moved the ball really well.

Sitting deep didn't seem to be his thing, even if it was what his reputation was built on. He might be one to survive the summer cull as he has some versatility and isn't a complete shitebag.

Thinking that myself. I think if we were to play a three he would be one of the two ahead of the DM.

I never seen him as a holding midfielder as I do McCrorie or a fit (lol) Rossiter. More of a guy that can keep the ball moving and would be better at pressing the opposition rather than protecting the back 4.

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

He certainly splits opinion, I  rate him as a player who was coming on to a game when he was injured, Dorrans has been a huge let down,after his 2 goal debut at Motherwell he has shown what he is capable of only in very fleeting glimpses.

Dorrans has been played out of position. He should be an attacking midfielder with the two sitters coming from Jack, McCrorie and Rossiter who I believe may wel thrive under Gerrard 

8 hours ago, TMB said:

Cast your mind back to December when we lost to Kilmarnock.  McCrorie outmuscled in midfield by the likes of Mulumbu.  I know McCrorie was absolutely brutal during the 4-0 hammering a few weeks back but he was at CB so we'll pretend it didn't happen.  I wouldn't like to see us going in to next season having pinned our title hopes on a largely unproved youth prospect.  We need a quality CDM brought in and I'm certain we'll get one.  Our midfield has been overrun all season and that needs to stop or we'll achieve nothing next year.

Sorry if this post is a bit off topic .... but 

I agree with you mostly TMB, we do need a player injection in certain areas .... but I don't think we should discount Jack or McCrorie singly or jointly being involved in our midfield ..... my priority though would be spending money on a proper striker who can capitalise on the chances that have regularly fallen at the feet (and if only he could head a ball) of Morelos ... truth be told we would be in a much more desirable position league and cup wise had he put away even half of them .... the striker needs to be a striker, or all the CDM's hard work in stopping us leaking goals will be nullified.

Also teams will continue to frustrate our midfield endeavours by parking the bus and smothering any chance of creativity from that area (they can sing that we are not Rangers anymore, but they don't believe that bullshit anymore than we do ... hence the blockades) .... and Jack and McCrorie have just as much chance of breaking them down as anyone .... and a lot less expensive .... as regardless of what King says ... the money available to SG to replace certain players alone will not be enough to do what you envisage will sort out our competitiveness.

If SG turns out to be half the coach/manager he was as a player he should be able to motivate and improve a few of the severe under performers we have in the squad .... so there is hope mate .... it's not all down to being a cheque book manager .... those days are long gone for the foreseeable future I'm afraid.

As bitterly disappointed as I have been this season with our performances in all areas of the field .... I still have a half glass full attitude and won't write off a fair amount of our players .... for direction and leadership I look to our new man in the hot seat and wish him every success in turning us round and moving us forward in achieving title 55.

:UK:

11 hours ago, TMB said:

He's an average SPFL player.  If we go in to next season with him as our CDM we're not going anywhere.  We need a much better calibre of player in the heart of our midfield next season.  

He isn’t a CDM, more of a box-to-box midfielder, an aggressive one at that. 

10 hours ago, TMB said:

If Gerrard doesn't bring in a new CDM this summer we're in big trouble.  Having said that, I'm certain the guy knows what a calamity our central midfield has been this season and brining in new and better players for that area will be top priority this summer.

Guaranteed McCrorie is our CDM next season, and imagine you'll be the only one disappointed with it. 

We've lost 2 games with him in midfield, 8 without him.

35 minutes ago, GT66 said:

Guaranteed McCrorie is our CDM next season, and imagine you'll be the only one disappointed with it. 

We've lost 2 games with him in midfield, 8 without him.

It's definitely not "guaranteed". 

It's very obvious we'll be bringing in more central midfield players. We're frighteningly weak in the middle and at centre back. 

Mccrorrie is vastly overrated. Big strong boy but poor touch, awareness and limited range of passing. Time to improve but we shouldn't be building a midfield around him.  

And Jack is simply not good enough in any aspect of the game. Average SPL player. 

3 minutes ago, gsa said:

It's definitely not "guaranteed". 

It's very obvious we'll be bringing in more central midfield players. We're frighteningly weak in the middle and at centre back. 

Mccrorrie is vastly overrated. Big strong boy but poor touch, awareness and limited range of passing. Time to improve but we shouldn't be building a midfield around him.  

And Jack is simply not good enough in any aspect of the game. Average SPL player. 

Lost for words. 

And is it too much to ask that fans of the team can actually spell their bloody name right.