Magnanimous in defeat

If Steven Gerrard had any doubts about how Rangers and those connected with the club are viewed by the press in this country he need only look at the drivel coming out of the various idiots that masquerade as credible reporters. The lack of one word that SG used in his after match interview "today" seems to have gone amiss in the scramble to have a dig at the man, they want him to be magnanimous in defeat and be a gentleman, would they ??? . Another reporter today cited the difference in how Neil McCann dealt with his defeat at the hands of St Mirren as opposed to SG - nice one, good on Neil, lovely guy and think very highly of him but he isn't managing Rangers. Chris Sutton has a go as well, hypocrite of the highest order given his infamous meltdown in which he called the opposition cheats at the end of the 2003 season, also as failed football manager and elective bankrupt does he really have the moral fortitude to say his bit.....

So Stevie Gerard i hope you understand exactly what the story is now and refuse to bend for these rats in any way, if you stay strong you will beat every single last one of them when you win the league for Rangers.

Lets Go 55.

1 hour ago, harry handsome said:

The lack of one word that SG used in his after match interview "today" seems to have gone amiss in the scramble to have a dig at the man

He also said "it's been happening for seasons", which it has. So he wasn't only talking about "today".

However, former Hearts captain Michael Stewart echoed Miller's sentiments.

"To suggest that Scottish football is always about Rangers and celtic, all the teams are going to be trying to catch Rangers - that's a short sighted view to take on the game of football in Scotland," said Stewart.

"When you look at the fact that Rangers in the top flight have never finished second, I think it's slightly disrespectful to the teams, for example Aberdeen, who have been strong for a number of years.

"You've got a top six who are going to be very competitive."

The irony of disrespect is lost on poor Michael. Another wanker who I cant wait to see spewing every week.

1 hour ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Convenient to forget some of McCanns indiscretions last season in particular the situation with St.Johnstone.

I have found it quite cringey to see the likes of Steven Thompson and Billy Dodds call Gerrard thingsike naive when in fact he's spent his entire career under the microscope.

It's very predictable the media reaction and one I'm sure SG will be less than bothered about.

Yep, SG knew fine well there would be a reaction to his comments (It's why be made them). He is merely shining the light on the refs and & ensuring that they know they will be called out for every indiscretion they make against us.

Eventually we will get to a place where the refs will treat us the same way as they treat others.

1 hour ago, OhW said:
3 hours ago, harry handsome said:

The lack of one word that SG used in his after match interview "today" seems to have gone amiss in the scramble to have a dig at the man

He also said "it's been happening for seasons", which it has. So he wasn't only talking about "today

'Today' has gone amiss when the manager mentioned we were a class above Aberdeen. He was talking about our performance in the game. The media have missed the word out to put a new slant on the statement.

4 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

'Today' has gone amiss when the manager mentioned we were a class above Aberdeen. He was talking about our performance in the game. The media have missed the word out to put a new slant on the statement.

Yes I agree with that, the OP doesn't say that but I agree.

Looking forward to this week's presser.  He's been excellent at dealing with the press so far. It will be interesting to see how he deals with the shit stirring now that's got going. 

Early days but I think he's a really strong character and this isn't likely to phase him. 

In fact, the way he's talked about enjoying pressure all his career I think he's probably enjoying it. 

I knew this would happen when sg said we were a class above the sheep that somehow the word today would be forgotten what a shower of cunts. Personally I'm loving the fact it annoyed so many people and the fact we will get stronger and stronger start putting all these no Mark teams in their place. They are all terrified that we at last have a management team who are building a team to get the better of their beloved tarrier mates. This is going to be some season fuck them all.

I am aware we were not defeated but as the saying goes show me a good looser and I’ll show you a looser. I agree with the fact that SG has such a high profile world wide it can only expose this little kabal of shit reporters,, referees, and legislators and shake the hole mess up which should see a better product of football in Scotland. 

If this is the drivel the press come out with when we draw a game can you imagine when we win 6 or 7 games in a row. 

Their bitterness will be unreal and can't wait to see them licking one another's tears from their faces