Morelos red rescinded

RangersMedia

16 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

Something needs done this is a far to regular theme and as has been pointed out it’s 2 points lost 

One point per mongo who contributed to the ridiculous decision to send Morelos off.

Thing that annoys me the most is there was absolutely no time between the kick and the red that the ref could have asked for a run down of the situation by the linesman. Hes clearly been told Morelos has tried to kick McKenna, then straight away pulled out the card.

Bates last season received an unprovoked, and jab to the balls, which the ref seen and only gave a yellow each time.

34 minutes ago, Malkster said:

this news wont go down well in the Scottish MSM. will only stregthen their argument that the SFA pander to us................cue Gollum!

The narrative will quickly head towards why so we get so many rescinded as opposed to why are there so many honest mistakes against us. 

Points gone cannot be changed and it’s fucking infuriating. 

19 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

It doesn't give me the option mate.  It appears when other people like a post but even on posts with likes, it doesn't let me like it.  It's like I'm in a constant state of ambivalence! 

Can I use that phrase in my next book? I'll credit you. 

9 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I look forward to more outbursts :lol:

Just shows that all those so called experts/pundits saying it was a defo red are a bunch of wankers.

It was always a yellow and a caution and for both players.

No. They and linesman were correct. The panel were wrong and have folded due to Gerrards savage outburst and because we are the establishment club.

Says all the papers and every Rangers hater with a mic put in front of them.

10 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I've said I agree with the consult part. Imo a referee should be sanctioned for NOT following the observations noted and confirmed by a linesman. Can't then say he should be sanctioned for following it too.

The linesman was entirely in the wrong for the decision. Perhaps the ref was also at fault for missing the incident altogether. And Clancy was rank the whole game. But no way should a ref be sanctioned for how poor a linesman is, that's mental. 

Unless you want refs simply to ignore all linesmans decisions for stuff they missed in case they get punished for the linesman getting it wrong.

All I am saying is that the officials carry a collective responsibility for all the decisions made during the game, but the buck has to stop with the referee, even if he was following advice. 

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

How did the 4th official with a monitor deem it red?  It was he and the lineman who got Morelos sent off  as the ref was only acting on on what those two clowns told him  

Is he reffing our game on Sunday?

I’ll admit I was wrong on this, I though it was a red because as I understood it kicking or attempting to kick an opponent off the ball was always a straight red, I was wrong but I’m not a professional referee! There can only be two answers to this one. Either the ref didn’t know the rules, or the linesman has lied about what he saw. This is happening far too much to just be bad luck or even a case of bad refereeing, the club need to make an example of it and show the rest of the footballing world just how corrupt Scottish football is, we have the perfect platform to get it out there now with a world famous ex pro as our manager, time to put pressure on these bastards. People will probably say it’s taig like etc but fuck it, our enemy’s are fighting dirty, time we were more streetwise and did the same.

With 11 men we would have won that, our performance dropped on the last 5 or 10 mins because we were exhausted playing nearly the whole game a man down, not to mention Morelos could have put away some of the chances we created or given us someone else up front to create chances for. This has cost us 2 points already and it’s time to make a stand before it costs us anymore.

1 minute ago, Copland bear said:

How did the 4th official with a monitor deem it red?  It was he and the lineman who got Morelos sent off  as the ref was only acting on on what those two clowns told him  

The ref didn't really give himself a chance to hear what had happened. Pulled out a red seconds after the incident, there's no chance the linesman would've had the time to explain the situation. 

It was a fuck up by all three.

There needs to be some kind of punishment for refs misapplying rules. Fine that they might miss something, that happens, but to clearly not understand rules is not acceptable.

Examples from our last game: Morelos was never violent conduct, always a yellow, as should have been the defender; May was clearly violent so give a foul, you give a card (should surely be red); Ball in the box made no attempt to get the ball, straight red; Arfield made no reaction other than to not back down when attacked, given a yellow for standing still; ball thrown at (not to) our player out of frustration, yellow card as the rules state. That's 5 clear decisions that would have impacted the match to a greater or lesser extent.

Refs need to be hit in the pocket, while good refs with a good track record given some kind of incentive, maybe financial as well as the big games including recommended for Europe, etc.

At the moment they're getting away with it and it's not good enough. Even the ex ref paid by the Scotsman 'newspaper' agreed with the above about Morelos and Ball so why can't the SFA/SPFL pay him to look over decisions and feedback to them?

3 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

All I am saying is that the officials carry a collective responsibility for all the decisions made during the game, but the buck has to stop with the referee, even if he was following advice. 

I'm saying it can't for an incident he missed altogether but has been told by a linesman it was a red card offence.

For something he has seen and decided in yeah. Criticism for missing an incident maybe. But he simply can't carry the blame for decisions like the Sunday red card, other than as we agree for not clarifying and perhaps challenging to make sure the punishment matches exactly what the official has observed.

I get that the buck stops with the ref, but this logic is too far for unobserved incidents.