Meltdown!

RockwellGers

59 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Disappointing as in the fact it looked as if we played the second half to just hold on to a one goal lead , instead of going for a goal to finish the game . Just never got going in that half . 

Feel the same mate .. sick as a parrot with that result.

The team were being told by SG to move forward mate, but the way  motherwell were persistently doing all the pressing ( like we did in the first half) they put us in the position of having to weigh anchor ..... plus we lost our playing game and resorted to hoofing it in any direction but the right one ..... it was heart breaking to see that twat getting the equaliser.

I have faith we will get better though and can't wait for Thursday and Sunday  to put this disappointing result behind us.

:UK:

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Stop being silly. In my opinion the managers now made bad decisions on substitutions in 2 games where we've conceded last minute goals and dropped 4 points in. That's all. 

Who's being silly? 

I already said privately that it was lunacy to make a sub defending a corner and knew they bastards would score, also think Middleton for Ejaria was the wrong idea and also thought Morelos should have been took off because he looked absolutely knackered.

Gerrard should not be immune to criticism and he has made mistakes but I'm sure he will be a quick learner and hopefully not do the same thing again.

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hume said:

Feel the same mate .. sick as a parrot with that result.

The team were being told by SG to move forward mate, but the way  motherwell were persistently doing all the pressing ( like we did in the first half) they put us in the position of having to weigh anchor ..... plus we lost our playing game and resorted to hoofing it in any direction but the right one ..... it was heart breaking to see that twat getting the equaliser.

I have faith we will get better though and can't wait for Thursday and Sunday  to put this disappointing result behind us.

I like your positive outlook . Just sickening that a win today would have kept us within a game of the tarriers even at the worst case scenario . But your right , just need to get back on that bike and qualify on Thursday to set us up for Sunday . 

14 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Who's being silly? 

I already said privately that it was lunacy to make a sub dedending a corner and knew they bastards would score, also think Middleton for Ejaria was the wrong idea and also thought Morelos should have been took off because he looked absolutely knackered.

Gerrard should not be immune to criticism and he has made mistakes but I'm sure he will be a quick learner and hopefully not do the same thing again.

?

He already knows where we went wrong mate and said as much in his post match interview.

I am in agreement with you that, unlike his predecessors, he has the capabilities and determination to make this a reality and not just mumble off a bunch of hackneyed cliches that mean nothing.

1 minute ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

He already knows where we went wrong mate and said as much in his post match interview.

I am in agreement with you that, unlike his predecessors, he has the capabilities and determination to make this a reality and not just mumble off a bunch of hackneyed cliches that mean nothing.

Not watched the interview yet mate but will at some point tonight.

His determination should never be questioned, he has a strong will and is a leader of men and will be determined to succeed here.

54 minutes ago, thebluedoo said:

This was a experimental side imo, I think he wanted to try the 3 5 2 out but he did recognise it and change it, the first half wasn't really the problem for me but the lack of purpose and tempo in the second half was self evident. The whole Wallace sub thing was a bit pointless to be honest. If its to waste time then it should have been on the 90 or something not on the last kick. They threw everything at us and it paid off but this should be where the learning comes in for Stevie. 

I’d say ayr at home is the time and place to experiment , today was massive going into next Sunday , had to win in my opinion , baffling to change the best part of the team and go from assured confident plsyers to all over the place 

I was just thinking I expect to see Motherwell's captain will now get a one match ban due to his comments which will weaken them for one of our rivals in the league.

I firmly believe that if you get a ban for whatever reason in the league, you should miss out for the next game against the same team - unless there are no more games against that team.

6 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I was just thinking I expect to see Motherwell's captain will now get a one match ban due to his comments which will weaken them for one of our rivals in the league.

I firmly believe that if you get a ban for whatever reason in the league, you should miss out for the next game against the same team - unless there are no more games against that team.

?

Excellant idea Jack ... fair and just ..... unfortunately none of these attributes are to be found anywhere within the distance to the moon and back in our backward thinking football authorities locker .... :p:

52 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Who's being silly? 

I already said privately that it was lunacy to make a sub defending a corner and knew they bastards would score, also think Middleton for Ejaria was the wrong idea and also thought Morelos should have been took off because he looked absolutely knackered.

It's pathetic mate, it's as if people are just waiting for us to slip up to have a go about things that have happened but with all the positivity couldn't be mentioned much.

You are being silly of you believe that to be true. 

The rest of your post I agree with entirely. 

1 minute ago, KBOO72 said:

It's pathetic mate, it's as if people are just waiting for us to slip up to have a go about things that have happened but with all the positivity couldn't be mentioned much.

You are being silly of you believe that to be true. 

The rest of your post I agree with entirely. 

It's not really silly though is it? It actually happened and i did say at my next bit that i didn't want anybody trying to infer that I meant these people were willing us to get beat to stick the knife in.

Not read any of the comments.

We were poor, we will be poor again this season. 

2nd best in the 2nd half yet still should have walked away with 3pts.

My only worry is that Goldson had a mare, that error in the first 5mins dictated his game. My worry is he's not got the mental capacity. Imagine against the filth??!!

Not seen it happen before as we've been so dominate and he's been decent, but hoping it's just a bad game and not a flaw in his character??

15 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

It's not really silly though is it? It actually happened and i did say at my next bit that i didn't want anybody trying to infer that I meant these people were willing us to get beat to stick the knife in.

It is. 

2 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

I was one all for 3-5-2 today showed me how wrong i was

The formation wasn't the reason we dropped points today.

A slip from a defender and Tav at 2 corners cost us. Those things could've / would've happened with our usual 4 at the back.

Plus, we actually played our usual 4 at the back for the most of the 2nd half. 

Hearts will get the hammering they deserve soon enough. celtic barely managed to squeeze out their win v Hamilton. It's early start to a long campaign and players will dip. However, how many have said Rangers will not concede many goals this season with Katic, McGregor, and Goldson? Perhaps that's the exception today. Still raging tho.

2 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

The formation wasn't the reason we dropped points today.

A slip from a defender and Tav at 2 corners cost us. Those things could've / would've happened with our usual 4 at the back.

Plus, we actually played our usual 4 at the back for the most of the 2nd half. 

No we didn't last 10 minutes only 

I see nothing wrong at all with constructive criticism on today’s game , the manager chose a formation going into a massive must win game before next week that took us from looking as thogh teams a million times better than Motherwell (Maribor etc) would never score against us to Motherwell looking as though they would score every time they went up the park , Flanagan was one of the 3 centre half and hugged the touch line the full game , it should have been reverted to 4 at the back after the first ten minutes , loved Gerrards reign so far , got it very wrong today 

46 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

I’d say ayr at home is the time and place to experiment , today was massive going into next Sunday , had to win in my opinion , baffling to change the best part of the team and go from assured confident plsyers to all over the place 

I agree with what you are saying about changing formation, perhaps he was over confident in his players being able to execute the plan. He surely would have trained them with that formation in mind. Goldsons slip was unfortunate and he seemed to wobble a bit after it but he has been awesome up to this game. That last 15 to 20 mins they just kept putting more forward players on and we just seemed to be defending deeper and deeper, with the inevitable result. As most folk are saying you could see it coming that doesn't mean we should just shrug our shoulders and move on, there should be a review of where it went wrong and how to avoid bringing it on ourselves in the future. 

We need work on defending set pieces. We have conceded a few chances from set pieces so far this season and today we did it against a team who are built to create from set pieces.

Our ball retention has been poor as well this season snd it's something we need to improve on.

A couple of signings as well would help at centre back, a wide player and a ball playing midfielder.

However, despite this there are a lot more positives than negatives just now.

The team today still had SIX new starters and two (I'll include Middleton) off the bench. We were missing arguably our best midfielder in Coulibaly as well as arguably our best player from last season Candeias beause the manager, perhaps naively, wanted to try out a new formation. We have and will continue to grow as a team.

We've had a fantastic start to the campaign despite dropping 4 points in the league and in 2 of our matches we played the majority with 10 men. We're on the brink of the EL group stages, which nobody expected, and won our cup game with a favourable home tie in the next round.