KEEP THE FAITH

28 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

This is no time for knee-jerk reactions.

There's a shed load of positives about Gerrard and he's obviously still learning and growing in the role (I'm sure he'd be the first to say so).

He came in, got rid of a lot of dead-wood and he's bought wisely with the likes of Katic, Barisic, McGregor and Goldson (forgive the latter a bad game today). Lafferty will likely prove an excellent addition to a rejuvenated Morelos up front and Ejaria is starting to show a real threat dancing around defenders and keeping the ball and even scoring a blinder today (we might soon be wishing he wasn't just on loan). Tav has always offered some great sweeping balls going forward (he just needs close cover behind due to his defensive frailties) and, whilst I don't think he's a Rangers captain, I think he can be a key player for us.

There was a mountain to climb after how we ended last season and those last two games against the scum. I honestly feel we're already half way up it.

Gerrard is building not only a team but a professional winning mentality. The foundations are solid but there is still a lot of work to do. Let's keep the faith.

Good post mate.

I think we'll all keep the faith if what we've seen this season is anything to go by. I know I've been delighted in what I've seen up until today and even today could be dismissed for the right reasons, but it's frustrating as hell when the same problem/s rears it's ugly head and cost us points now and we know it's going to keep happening.. It's not the draw, or if it was even a defeat today, it's the same errors over and over that will cost us big time. As you say though, we are looking a million percent better than we were after some serious surgery to the team. Small margins eh? WATP.

40 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

This is no time for knee-jerk reactions.

There's a shed load of positives about Gerrard and he's obviously still learning and growing in the role (I'm sure he'd be the first to say so).

He came in, got rid of a lot of dead-wood and he's bought wisely with the likes of Katic, Barisic, McGregor and Goldson (forgive the latter a bad game today). Lafferty will likely prove an excellent addition to a rejuvenated Morelos up front and Ejaria is starting to show a real threat dancing around defenders and keeping the ball and even scoring a blinder today (we might soon be wishing he wasn't just on loan). Tav has always offered some great sweeping balls going forward (he just needs close cover behind due to his defensive frailties) and, whilst I don't think he's a Rangers captain, I think he can be a key player for us.

There was a mountain to climb after how we ended last season and those last two games against the scum. I honestly feel we're already half way up it.

Gerrard is building not only a team but a professional winning mentality. The foundations are solid but there is still a lot of work to do. Let's keep the faith.

I doubt anyone is losing faith ffs.

Tav will always be Tav no matter who the fuck the manager is.  A fucking blind man would see he is never a defender ond others need to compensate for him.

Drop him, and then watch a real meltdown.

THis was bound to happen sooner or later. Motherwell will cause a lot of teams problems and they wont be down the bottom for long. All they do is load up with Gorillas and shell the box. It's something we're going to just have to face. We need another CB. He has to be experienced, big and good in the air. Not many teams in the SPFL can play the way they do...the bigger concern is Tav not marking his man or stopping crosses at source. In many ways i'd prefer him to play RW not RB. 

This doesn't change a thing. We can still get through in mid-week and we can still beat them at the Girodome.

8 minutes ago, danger ranger said:

The wheels could come off that bogie quite quickly going by todays performance.

Ufa just got beat 0-2 by Zenit at home.

A different team will start on Thursday.

I felt a lot of blame today was on the manager who I’ve highly praised since getting here.

The past few games his subs and their timings was spot on, today not so good.

2 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Ufa just got beat 0-2 by Zenit at home.

I felt a lot of blame today was on the manager who I’ve highly praised since getting here.

He probably shouldn't have made a change at the corner. All my life i've been told that's a no no. However Wallace wasn't at fault for the goal. I think we lost our way a little today. Both with the personnel and the formation. I like that Stevie wants us to be tactically flexible and be able to change week in week out...but due to injuries, perhaps today wasn't the best time to do it. However that's in hindsight. When i saw we were playing a 3-5-2 was genuinely thought it was a great idea...but some of the guys didn't look certain. Goldson has been a rock...as has Shagger...but today they looked nervous. How many time have we seen McGregor hoofing the ball out the park accidentally. He doesn't do it often TBH. Perhaps we put this down to Motherwell going about their business well and  us having an off day. We're still unbeaten...We still believe.

We will have other bad days (not next week hopefully) M’well got the tactics spot on fast pace and bullying, the game was ours until the 93rd minute, we just lost concentration.

Hopefully UFA haven’t learned any lessons and there’s no repeat on Thursday.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

Ufa just beat 0-2 by Zenit.

Its a real worry tho, apart from Coulibaly we don't have much in midfield, although Ejaria is good in patches. Todays showing is a real concern in controlling a game, especially in Europe.

If Coulibaly isn't fit then I think it will be backs to the wall stuff, although European football is usually a open game with time on the ball.

24 minutes ago, MarzM said:

THis was bound to happen sooner or later. Motherwell will cause a lot of teams problems and they wont be down the bottom for long. All they do is load up with Gorillas and shell the box. It's something we're going to just have to face. We need another CB. He has to be experienced, big and good in the air. Not many teams in the SPFL can play the way they do...the bigger concern is Tav not marking his man or stopping crosses at source. In many ways i'd prefer him to play RW not RB. 

This doesn't change a thing. We can still get through in mid-week and we can still beat them at the Girodome.

It doesn’t matter where Tav is on the pitch. He was further up the park today and still cost us 2 goals and 2 points. He’s a liability defensively. 

27 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

We will have other bad days (not next week hopefully) M’well got the tactics spot on fast pace and bullying, the game was ours until the 93rd minute, we just lost concentration.

Hopefully UFA haven’t learned any lessons and there’s no repeat on Thursday.

The game wasn’t ours the whole second half. 

Motherwell made changes to win the game, we didn’t make changes to stop them.