Answers please Steven Gerrard

Prso's headband

4 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Why do we need him to come out with it now? This was a debateable foul deep inside their half, in a game we were being torn apart in. The Morelos red against the sheep was an appalling decision, as agreed by the appeal panel, which undoubtedly cost us 2 points (that’s twice as many as this foul allegedly cost us). All he said about that was that he “gave the ref a decision to make”. So why now?

“STEVEN Gerrard has launched an astonishing attack on Scottish refereeing and claimed “the world is against us” after his Rangers side was held to a 1-1 draw by Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Gerrard was incensed that Kevin Clancy, the match official, ordered off Alfredo Morelos, the Rangers striker, for kicking out at Scott McKenna, the Aberdeen centre half, early on in his first Ladbrokes Premiership game.”

The cowardly referees need to be shown that the little wee insignificant cunts that we currently have in our media is nothing compared to the presence that our manager can invoke. If these cowardly bastards can’t be swayed by reason then this is what’s required.

19 hours ago, Hamie said:

1 win 2 draws and a defeat from 4 games. Is not exactly a great start in the league. 

It's the performance against them that makes it worse. It wasn't a 50/50 game we offered absolutley nothing. Should have lost by more. 

His subs and tactics were questionable for the second league game on the trot. 

5 points from 4 games is fucking shocking,he got it all wrong yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

“STEVEN Gerrard has launched an astonishing attack on Scottish refereeing and claimed “the world is against us” after his Rangers side was held to a 1-1 draw by Aberdeen at Pittodrie.

Gerrard was incensed that Kevin Clancy, the match official, ordered off Alfredo Morelos, the Rangers striker, for kicking out at Scott McKenna, the Aberdeen centre half, early on in his first Ladbrokes Premiership game.”

The cowardly referees need to be shown that the little wee insignificant cunts that we currently have in our media is nothing compared to the presence that our manager can invoke. If these cowardly bastards can’t be swayed by reason then this is what’s required.

I'm glad SG is highlighting the ref situation in Scotland and I hope he continues to do so until things change. I would like an English referee for Old Firm games. Yesterday celtic had their 11 best out and they couldn't score from the advantage of a fatigued Rangers team, the ref had to gift them a goal.  

I don’t know why people are going mental about critiquing the manager or blaming our schedule, the manager got it wrong and the schedule is what we need to deal with, they’re professionals. 

That first half was a complete fucking disgrace to witness and its frustrating because we know we can play football but went to that dump with the mentality of a wee diddy team just hoping the amazing taigs don’t batter us. 

Not a good enough start to the league and an embarsssing first game against them. 

That performance had Walter Smith all over it...we already know he uses Wattie as a sounding board.

How many times during Walters tenure did we watch us get "hammered" and come away with a 1-0 win?

Don't think I'm going to lose too much sleep over a game that could just as easily have gone that way bar a ropy refereeing decision (and a rookie midfielder switching off and letting Ntcham walk into space behind him to score)...especially when you consider the Thursday game, the circumstances and the travel....throw in this was 8 of the teams first ever OF game and we were without what could be (on another day) a first choice midfield in Coulibally, Rossiter, Dorrans and Murphy and also the managers first game.

We lost 1-0 in the type of game Walter often walked away with a 1-0.  What we need from that is the lessons to be learned.  We've an international break which really couldn't come at a better time...recharge, refocus and look at where and what to improve.  Sometimes you need a set-back to check you and set you straight...after 12 without loss at the start of your managerial career it may have seemed this is an easy lark to get into...well now he'll know different, and he'll know even more so now what it means to Rangers fans to beat them.  You can see the resilience in this team, a resilience we've been crying out for for years, now it needs to be backed up with progress towards the other end of the pitch.

Like I said, not losing too much sleep over that yesterday, because I've witnessed much progress over the last few months, but this is a test in our fledgling manager's tenure and I'm sure, given his nature, and with the advice of those around him, that lessons will be learnt and built on.  If not, the road only gets rockier from here on.

19 hours ago, TMB said:

We're 4 points behind in the league now we can't afford another "bump" if we're serious about challenging for this title.  Gerrard needs to start winning league games consistently.

That’s the thing for me mate, realistically we have to pretty much win every league game from now till the next time we play them. 

6 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hearts beat them as they got in their face we never tried yesterday and that was what hurts the most.

I've seen this argument before but hearts beat them at tynecastle not parkhead. When they tried the same approach there they were annihilated. 

It was a poor performance yesterday for sure and a wake up call to Gerrard and the staff. I wouldn't say we didn't try but the approach was wrong. We sat too deep and it was just frustrating we couldn't hold onto the ball and keep the pressure off. How much of that was down to the effects from Thursday is up for debate.

As good as europe has been the league form needs to improve. This international break has come at a good time. Regroup and focus on bouncing back against dundee. 1 game at time.

36 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I'm glad SG is highlighting the ref situation in Scotland and I hope he continues to do so until things change. I would like an English referee for Old Firm games. Yesterday celtic had their 11 best out and they couldn't score from the advantage of a fatigued Rangers team, the ref had to gift them a goal.  

Ref gift them a goal?? come on :lol: it was a foul but it was on their 18 yard line basically. We had the whole length of the pitch to stop them.  

I reckon that Gerrard saw how tired his squad were and so abandoned the high press.

Only 4 games gone and they played 3 at home as against our 3 away. Our first defeat of the season and it was a hard watch but all is not doom and gloom. A welcome break over the next two weeks then the run to the winter break.

Lets see where we are come Xmas.

3 minutes ago, Begby said:

Ref gift them a goal?? come on :lol: it was a foul but it was on their 18 yard line basically. We had the whole length of the pitch to stop them.  

I stand by my belief that the ref gifted them the goal.

I'd like to see our best 11 v their best 11, full throttle mode with an English ref. I think we'd win hands down.  

44 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

I don’t know why people are going mental about critiquing the manager or blaming our schedule, the manager got it wrong and the schedule is what we need to deal with, they’re professionals. 

That first half was a complete fucking disgrace to witness and its frustrating because we know we can play football but went to that dump with the mentality of a wee diddy team just hoping the amazing taigs don’t batter us. 

Not a good enough start to the league and an embarsssing first game against them. 

Spot on.

18 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I reckon that Gerrard saw how tired his squad were and so abandoned the high press.

Only 4 games gone and they played 3 at home as against our 3 away. Our first defeat of the season and it was a hard watch but all is not doom and gloom. A welcome break over the next two weeks then the run to the winter break.

Lets see where we are come Xmas.

Don't know if you noticed mate but it has been the defence doing an extra shift the last few weeks, maybe letting our midfield and attack do some work might have giving them some help.

20 hours ago, ShanksRFC said:

What the fuck is the point in sitting back and inviting pressure like all the other useless cunts we have had in charge? 

Even hearts go out and have a go n look what happens? 

Long way back now and only September 2nd.

4 points is a long way back after 4 games,wait till the drink wears off and you take the noose down,you'll see it's not so bad.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

I'd like to see our best 11 v their best 11, full throttle mode with an English ref. I think we'd win hands down.  

Based on what ? They are clearly the better side as results show.

2 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

It was a foul for definite, id maybe agree if it was on our 18 yard line but there was still so much to do from that point and so much we could have done to prevent them getting there. 

So would i, however i still think we are behind. There forward options of Euduard, Thumb & Sinclair are much greater with ours and they have spark from midfield with Rogic, McGregor & Ntcham which we have been desperately missing for years.  

On the plus side though we aren't tarrier bastards.

Very disappointing result.  Very disappointing performance.   Can't get away from that.

I'll take the positive - the very big positive - in qualifying for the Europa League stages (a) because it gives us European football where the team and the manager get to play against strong opponents and the experience will make us a far better team going forward, and (b) because the additional revenue it generates provides funding downstream to attract and acquire better players .  Plus it might improve the sale value of players in the squad so when sold on we get more for them because they come with big game experience.   So in the very short time SG has been manager, and in the very short time the squad has been together I'll take the Europa League success as an outstanding success.   It doesn't improve the mood much from losing an OF game but it sure as fuck is better than having gone into the OF game on the back of failing to qualify for the Europa League stage.

There is clearly still a very long way to go for SG and the squad.  No doubt about that.  I do look forward to the day when SG's side dismantles the other lot and wins.   And then goes on a winning run of OF games.   I really to look forward to those days.    SG is a winner and is, I believe, a person who hates losing as much if not more than any of us.  I reckon the squad are (or will be) in no doubt about how he feels about not getting the result they wanted at the weekend.   Allowances will be made for the newness of the squad, that some players were missing, and the long journey back from Russia having famously won the tie by ending out playing for a large part of the game with 10 men and then 9.  

The season has a long way to go so its up to SG and the players to press on from here and build a side that wins OF games.   To win the league you have to win enough OF games and next to qualifying for the Europa League stages it must surely now be one of SG's top priorities to get a team onto the pitch ready and able to win an OF game....and actually win it.  Preferably with some style.   I look forward to the day,  

4 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Went there and set up like Dundee or Hamilton.

Fuckin embarrassment.

That'll be the Dundee or Hamilton who have played twice a week since the Europa League qualifiers kicked off and who spent their time on 2 long haul flights to and from the heart of Russia with the return journey immediately after playing with 10 men for 60 mins and 9 men for 30 mins?

They flew out on Wednesday afternoon, played on Thursday afternoon and flew back straight after the game.

Plus they no doubt spent a few hours hanging around and in transit. That is two 6.5 long haul flights completed in just over 2 days.

That's a hellish schedule. Don't forget, these aren't seasoned internationalists who might be used to jumping off and on long haul flights. 

What would your prefer?

Attack them from the off like the Charge of the Light Brigade? It would have ended up with a similar outcome

If you thought that was bad yesterday, imagine how it would have been had we opened up. We would have got fucking annihilated.

Once the legs go, skill levels aren't far behind.

There was literally no other way to play that game yesterday. We were out on our feet at kick off.

25 minutes ago, beararse said:

That'll be the Dundee or Hamilton who have played twice a week since the Europa League qualifiers kicked off and who spent their time on 2 long haul flights to and from the heart of Russia with the return journey immediately after playing with 10 men for 60 mins and 9 men for 30 mins?

They flew out on Wednesday afternoon, played on Thursday afternoon and flew back straight after the game.

Plus they no doubt spent a few hours hanging around and in transit. That is two 6.5 long haul flights completed in just over 2 days.

That's a hellish schedule. Don't forget, these aren't seasoned internationalists who might be used to jumping off and on long haul flights. 

What would your prefer?

Attack them from the off like the Charge of the Light Brigade? It would have ended up with a similar outcome

If you thought that was bad yesterday, imagine how it would have been had we opened up. We would have got fucking annihilated.

Once the legs go, skill levels aren't far behind.

There was literally no other way to play that game yesterday. We were out on our feet at kick off.

Excuses.