24 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

fouled to start it 

ref does his job we have a resilient performance 

Yup.

23 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

This thread is lunacy. 

Yup x 2.

23 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Naive to think you can sit that deep for 90 mins.

We didn’t though.

23 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Seems to be the only tactic we have away from home. 

That is a worry.

22 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

The irony is we setup to take a point yet conceded off a fucking counter attack. 

Should have been a free-kick. They do break fast, hence our structure before the goal.

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Nothing different from past few seasons.

Ryan Jack apart, the front 6 missing..

The 2 boys from Liverpool were completely out their depth.

Kent played well I thought. He stopped then getting down the flanks.

18 minutes ago, Loyal Bear 72 said:

Embarrassment? Not for me. 3 away games in the league including Aberdeen and the piggery as well as 8 qualifiers with 4 long distance trips. And with a team that have barely had a chance to play together.

1 poor defensive performance and 1 poor performance out of 13 competitive matches is what we've had. This team ARE capable of being a success. Our manager will learn, our players will learn and our team will get better. We now dust ourselves down, and start getting the league wins under our belt (which we will do). We all need to be behind this. I'm with them all the way.

Too sensible.

14 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

De ja vu on here, new manager, new side, give it time.

Boring as fuck and same old repetitive shit.

Let’s just fucking sack everyone, eh? Oh, wait, that IS the RM boring as fuck repetitive shite.

8 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Some folk mentioned that Gerrard was being put on too high a pedestal and would likely be God one day and flawed the next. 

Folk need to settle down and see how things develop for a while.

We will see by Christmas if it is working domestically. It is quite clear it has worked on foreign soil.

The most disappointing and worrying butbof the season was the Motherwell 2nd half. I knew today would be like that, but just hoped we’d hold them all up better to give our plan a chance.

Plenty to digest here but I think because of how prominent Steven Gerrard has been in the last 20 years, we often forget he is still learning his trade here - regardless of experience as a player - he has precious little as a manager.

This is a new team, a new manager and one which has shown improvement in some areas. I think it'll grow, but it does need time to do so. We panic too much because of what's gone before. Today was a big ask - but we didn't go about it in the right way, especially first half IMO. 

It wasn’t great today by any means, but we don’t need to be asking questions of Gerrard. Let’s see how this squad performs over the season in the league and Europe. We’ll be okay, finish second in the league this season and get to the later stages of the EUFA and that will be an improvement on last season. Even Man City have taken 10 years to be the dominant force they appear to be since the rich Arabs have poured billions in to the club. Coming back from demotion was always going to be a long project, be patient. 

39 minutes ago, adam2102 said:

Some of the comments here are ridiculous. 

Far more organised than we have been for years, and we were the better team in the second half. 

People expecting us to bulldoze over them need a reality check. 

Hearts can bully them? 

Just now, gsa said:

Hearts can bully them? 

Not too sure the relevance of this?  By bulldoze I meant completely over run them, pas around them etc. 

In in terms of bullying them I don’t think we necessarily did but we definitely were not bullied. 

Just now, yermaw145 said:

That wasnt a half chance by any stretch of the imagination

Bad angle for right footed player. Plus he's a fullback not a striker.

They hit the bar twice, hit the post and McGregor had to make some good saves.  We can't look at one or two moments in a game and start blaming guys for not scoring. 

Imo over the piece we got schooled  and offered next to nothing offensively. 

31 minutes ago, In walter we trust said:

Did anyone see the players and manager at 2am , they looked knackered . Then playing an old firm game at 12 noon A few days later ? Bit of realism here. Qualifying for Europe brings in a huge amount of cash that we need .

I agree but more like two days and seven hours after a five hour flight, arriving back at Glasgow Airport from a EL tie where we finished with 9.

All things considered, it was probably a decent first half where SG wanted to contain them. If we had high pressed from the start, never mind whether or not we scored, the risk was completely running out of steam in the second and conceding God knows how many.

It was a new experience for most there and one from which they will certainly learn and I am certain we will put in a very different performance at Ibrox.

Although the PL has a few referees of questionable standard, at least they are professional so I hope one day we may see similar here !

46 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

We lost an away game to them 1-0 after a massive away trip in europe where we played a big chunk of the match down to 9 men.

Im not losing much sleep over this.

sensible. Plus, they know the occasion, now our players know it too.

that will be shagger banned for a game or 2, somebody should have told him there is a compliance officer up here working for celtic to gain them every advantage possible and not to admit in an interview he thinks Mcgregor should have been sent off for that wee petulant kick out 

13 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

We were done on a break where we should've had a foul. The team looked lethargic from kickoff. Obviously Russia took its toll. 

We now need to win as many points as possible and next time there will be no excuses. We have to do them at home 

Very true. Hopefully we will have a few more players fit and also not back from a long journey. The manager is also learning ,we should be in a far better position then . 

Time for calm guys

We were poor today yes. BUT

> Should have been taking a free kick in a dangerous position, not a goal down - Another HUGE decision against us.

>Preparation was hugely different for the two teams. Made worse by having to play with 10 then 9 men. This had a big effect imho

> We've only been together for a few weeks and are getting to know each other, we WILL improve. That was their strongest team.

> We had 6 debutants - they had none

> They had home advantage 

> We missed Coulibaly massively (a shocking assault by a tarrier bastard) He was made for this game

Lets draw breath and re-group. Keep the faith