We have came a long way in a short time

KingKirk

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We're a better team than last season, still not able to lay a glove on them which is what we need to be able to do

Fair enough. Today the approach wasn't right.

My opinion was Gerrard felt the energy wasn't there after Thursday's game to go with the high tempo pressing game he wants. So he opted to try and absorb the pressure sit deep and counter. 

The biggest problem was the ball control. We couldn't string passes together, build from the back and hold onto the ball. The same problems in that 2nd half vs Motherwell.

I also feel after looking at it he's showhorning lafferty into the team now. That's 1 point from messing around with the set up to bring him in. 

Overall performance was poor and we rarely troubled the taigs. 

We have the international break now and we need to regroup and get a winning run going in the league. 

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

I couldn’t give a monkeys fuck about Europe.,people that like a wee jolly going abroad are in the minority. If we put up a good show against Moscow etc but are 20polnts behind scum is hat where we want to be ? Look at subs today and see what we are up against,yes I am happy with the way we are going but results domestically say otherwise.

Well said spot on ,I couldn't give 2 fucks about Europe a tournament we have no chance of winning, would rather we won today than thursday

10 minutes ago, gogzy said:

While the league results have not been ideal, you simply can't argue that our progress since last year has been amazing.

It's just not debatable.

And the fuds on Sportscene agree with you, they both agree that we are a far better team, we just got it all wrong today, it happens, hopefully lessons have been learned by the boss.

Id love to know what he actually thinks though.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

second time tonight I've seen you just randomly attack another poster because you don't like his opinions.  Cut it out.

Fair enough. But for someone to suggest we would be better off not being in europe is ridiculous and will be met with the distain it derserves!

21 minutes ago, HG5 said:

You may be right - but how do you KNOW they’ll put it into the team?

And I did say I was happy with the cash flow boost.

Anyway, my immediate concern is we spread our resources too thinly by trying to compete on all fronts & end up performing weakly in all of them.

Time will tell, on both counts.

I don't know for sure, but from what I've seen so far the board are willing to back the manager and I expect this to continue through to next season.

4 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Fair enough. But for someone to suggest we would be better off not being in europe is ridiculous and will be met with the distain it derserves!

Counter his point, debate with him.  Tell him he is wrong.  Just don't jump right in with abuse.

Gotta work up to that.  :lol:

8 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Well said spot on ,I couldn't give 2 fucks about Europe a tournament we have no chance of winning, would rather we won today than thursday

I'm not so sure this place would have been too calm if we had been knocked out of Europe, even if we had went on to win todays game.

Hindsight is wonderful.

16 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Playing in Europe gives us the chance to bring better players in to, wait a minute what is it again? 

Win stuff maybe? 

Aye fuck that carryon indeed. 

Far exceeded expectation in Europe underperformed in the league. Our schedule has been murder and we've only really had one easy game in the league, but those excuses aren't good enough if your chasing a title. Judgement of this team starts now for me. All players back fit hopefully, get our legs back underneath us and prioritise a winning run domestically. We should be going to Easter Road next month on the back of straight wins and nothing else. 

Seeing people trying to downplay how important or significant getting into Europe is to this club just to try to add a little bit of extra drama to their drama queen like reaction to the result today is where I draw the line. I’m out of here until the morning when people have hopefully slept off whatever they have been on and calmed down a bit.

14 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

From a football point of view, our squad might not stand up to the rigours of a fifty five game minimum season; even today, we might have been better going into that game without having played and travelled home from Russia on Thursday.

The flip side to that is the European games have helped the team begin to gel more quickly, and given them a taste of playing at Ibrox; take out the Europa League qualifiers we'd have had St. Mirren in the league as our only home game in five domestic matches. 

Having a hectic campaign with a limited squad doesn't mean that European football isn't massive for us in terms of finance, prestige and giving the players a boost. And I wouldn't swap this European campaign for anything at the moment. 

38 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

You a fud also... 

Nice reply. Fuck Europe give us a team to compete with those overrated cunts. They have been miles in front of us yet done fuck in Europe and never will but we are looking on qualifying for the group stages of Europa as the holy grail, I take nothing away from guys who travel all over Europe but surely our priority is domestic, 

8 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

Random nature of football. But for conceding two last minute goals against the sheep and Motherwell it's 9 out of 12 instead of 5.

But 5 is what it is. SG needs to kick on now as that’s the honeymoon period over - now we will find out how good a manager he is 

I see people are spouting the old nonsense about players joining because of the lure of a second rate European tournament ,we will be out of Europe before the next window! Fuck Europe FOR NOW, our priority should be the winning the league and getting into the main champions league draw , getting crap teams like the tims got and getting to the group stages, that's what attracts players. Playing Thursday/Sunday is going to fuck our league chances, plus bizarre tactics of sitting back soaking up pressure won't get us anywhere 

7 hours ago, gogzy said:

While the league results have not been ideal, you simply can't argue that our progress since last year has been amazing.

It's just not debatable.

In Europe yes it's been fantastic but domestically it's been a shambles. We are at a stage after 4 games where we can't afford to drop anymore points, if Europe is going to be a factor like everyone keeps belting about then it's a certainly we will be dropping a lot more points on Sunday afternoons. 

Our strides have been impressive as has our recruitment but when you allow the taigs to rip the piss out you like yesterday and are sitting way down the table you realise we are simply not as far along or as good as some seem to have thought.

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

Nice reply. Fuck Europe give us a team to compete with those overrated cunts. They have been miles in front of us yet done fuck in Europe and never will but we are looking on qualifying for the group stages of Europa as the holy grail, I take nothing away from guys who travel all over Europe but surely our priority is domestic, 

Glad you’re not in charge of our finances. 

Europe is the biggest single cash injection we’ll have all season, and increases the profile / experience / value of each of our sellable assets (players). 

Only an idiot would suggest ‘fuck Europe’. 

23 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

I see people are spouting the old nonsense about players joining because of the lure of a second rate European tournament ,we will be out of Europe before the next window! Fuck Europe FOR NOW, our priority should be the winning the league and getting into the main champions league draw , getting crap teams like the tims got and getting to the group stages, that's what attracts players. Playing Thursday/Sunday is going to fuck our league chances, plus bizarre tactics of sitting back soaking up pressure won't get us anywhere 

How are you expecting to get close to them, let alone win the league without the extra income the EL brings?

'Fuck Europe' is the last thing we should be doing, it's the only realistic chance we have of being able to afford the quality players needed to compete.