We have came a long way in a short time

KingKirk

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Today hurts no doubt about it but the progress we have made in 13/14 weeks has been amazing. Good things are coming under this management. Still cant believe that 18 days from now we will be playing villarreal !

The turnaround in our squad is there for a blind man to see, good things will happen under Gerrard, but thankfully not every big game will be on the back of a trip to Russia. 

Ps I will be in Valencia in 16 days ???

5 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

1 win in 4 in the league?? Hardly amazing 

It's not the best but 3 out of 4 away. 2 against teams thst finished above us. 

It clear we are moving in the right direction but the league form has to improve. 

Our next 4 league include 3 home games. We need to get maximum points from all IMO

2 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

The turnaround in our squad is there for a blind man to see, good things will happen under Gerrard, but thankfully not every big game will be on the back of a trip to Russia. 

Ps I will be in Valencia in 16 days ???

I'll be roaring us on from the  sofa proud as fuck to see us back in European competition.

Just now, BlueKnight87 said:

It clear we are moving in the right direction but the league form has to improve. 

Our next 4 league include 3 home games. We need to get maximum points from all IMO

We couldnt ask for a better next fixture , dundee have been shocking. We need to give out a few doings to get back on track

4 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Random nature of football. But for conceding two last minute goals against the sheep and Motherwell it's 9 out of 12 instead of 5.

It is 5 points. What a ridiculous post. Not random at all We've not won an away game.

1 away win out of 7 actually.

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

When wallace and kenny are being suspended by our club after another scum thumping 4months later EL group stages. home form will improve I have no doubt 

It’s a work in progress, I didn’t want Gérard but from what I’ve seen there is optimism for the future there.

We are in a Euro Group Stage, we’ve not imploded in the League yet ( here’s hoping we don’t ) ok it’s only 4 games.

We have been hampered with injuries and stupidity.

The guys ran their guts in on Thursday, not the best warm up for today.

But you’ve got take them as they come.

Todays midfield went so far missing as to be back at Auchenhowie.

Its not blind faith but I think we will be better during the year, that’s as good as they’ll get.

Onwardd & Upwards

Just now, KingKirk said:

When wallace and kenny are being suspended by our club after another scum thumping 4months later EL group stages. home form will improve I have no doubt 

I have no doubt the team will improve as it starts to get. 

Just need to get the points on the board now mate. 

I couldn’t give a monkeys fuck about Europe.,people that like a wee jolly going abroad are in the minority. If we put up a good show against Moscow etc but are 20polnts behind scum is hat where we want to be ? Look at subs today and see what we are up against,yes I am happy with the way we are going but results domestically say otherwise.

Birthday card pish.

If that's how we're going to play in the league after away games in Europe then I'd have preferred it if we didn't qualify. A couple of games against Villarreal won't change the fact that we've been pish in the league and that's our priority.

One of the few things that saddens me more than that performance today is how poofy our fan base has turned.

Desperate to justify utter pish with how far we have come in a short time and/or desperate to remind us where we were 4 year ago.

If you don’t find today a massive concern then you’re delusional.

6 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Birthday card pish.

If that's how we're going to play in the league after away games in Europe then I'd have preferred it if we didn't qualify. A couple of games against Villarreal won't change the fact that we've been pish in the league and that's our priority.

Spot on.

Most of the points the scum dropped last year came after Euro weeks, when they had a far better squad than us to cope with the demands.

While I appreciate the cash flow boost of getting to the group stages, it may be a step too far at the current stage of our development.

If Sundays are going to look like that every other week between now & Xmas, it isn’t going to be a barrel of laughs round here, that’s for sure!

13 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Spot on.

Most of the points the scum dropped last year came after Euro weeks, when they had a far better squad than us to cope with the demands.

While I appreciate the cash flow boost of getting to the group stages, it may be a step too far at the current stage of our development.

If Sundays are going to look like that every other week between now & Xmas, it isn’t going to be a barrel of laughs round here, that’s for sure!

Aye fuck that 10 million from the Europa league.

Even if we weren't in Europe we would finish 2nd at best, I would prefer the 10 million this season as we know the board will put it back into the team, while I don't believe the rumours of celtic having billions in the bank they do have some cash to invest in players which is prob still more than we have.

27 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Birthday card pish.

You a fud also... 

Just now, geronimoo said:

Aye fuck that 10 million from the Europa league.

Even if we weren't in Europe we would finish 2nd at best, I would prefer the 10 million this season as we know the board will put it back into the team, while I don't believe the rumours of celtic having billions in the bank they do have some cash to invest in players which is prob still more than we have.

You may be right - but how do you KNOW they’ll put it into the team?

And I did say I was happy with the cash flow boost.

Anyway, my immediate concern is we spread our resources too thinly by trying to compete on all fronts & end up performing weakly in all of them.

Time will tell, on both counts.