Lafferty shoehorned in the starting 11

graeme_4

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I know you’ve got a big poster of him up in your bedroom, but how would you describe it? 

He’s a CF being player wide right or left. 

He was our best player first half.

He had played the position many many times and will have been a huge attraction to signing him due to versatility.

Chances are moving forwards we will play with a back 3 and he will be up top.

Some cunts just like a moan.

2 minutes ago, Band of Brothers said:

He was our out ball to win headers as shagger just constantly kicked out to him that was it apart from a Lucozade moment where he ran back.

Which didn’t work because he was so isolated with us sitting on our 18 yard line, all we did was give them the ball back. 

I have to agree, it's upset the balance of the team. Unless we plan to have a narrow front line and use Barisic and Tav as our wingbacks, Lafferty in the front 2.

What I will say though is Grezda has been signed for wide left so I assume Gerard recognises the problem

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Lafferrty wasn't out on the left who would we punt the big long balls to?

If the game plan was sit deep (which going by what Stevie has said I don’t think it was) and hit the long ball to Laff you sacrifice Mo and put another body in midfield. 

Going by Stevie we just didn’t keep the ball and our passing was woeful. Which begs the question why was Laff played at all when we have better players to play wide that can hold up the ball and pass it better. 

54 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Doesn’t work IMO.

Either starts in place of Morelos, or doesn’t start. 

Can’t believe we decided to drop Candeias (who’d only played 45 mins or so on Thurs) and put KL up against Lustig (who has more CB attributes) and fire long balls at him. If anything put him up against braceface and do it, and let Kent get at Lustig. 

Gaffer has had it wrong the last 3 games and it’s cost us. Hope it’s sorted for Dundee. 

SG got it so wrong in so many ways yesterday . It just defied belief

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

If the game plan was sit deep (which going by what Stevie has said I don’t think it was) and hit the long ball to Laff you sacrifice Mo and put another body in midfield. 

Going by Stevie we just didn’t keep the ball and our passing was woeful. Which begs the question why was Laff played at all when we have better players to play wide that can hold up the ball and pass it better. 

Candeias on the right to link up with Tav, with Kent on the left; also means you've got Morelos to bring on in the second half for fresh legs, or if there's any change of shape. 

15 minutes ago, TMB said:

If Lafferrty wasn't out on the left who would we punt the big long balls to?

It would maybe have encouraged us not to punt up the pitch . And actually try to pass our way our .

Having said that . Our passing yesterday was even worse than the days under Ally . It was horrendous

28 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

He was our best player first half.

He had played the position many many times and will have been a huge attraction to signing him due to versatility.

Chances are moving forwards we will play with a back 3 and he will be up top.

Some cunts just like a moan.

laff was our best player ??? Are you having a laff:hmmm: