Middleton

Lloyd

22 minutes ago, Bearsden bear said:

Good option off the bench...that is all atm

Totally agree with this. Atm he's best used when the opposition are tiring and he can hop on to rip them apart charge after charge. He's a definite game changer. Would be interested in comparing a few starts to what he's capable of doing from the bench though.

Either way, I'm glad he's under contract and not Kent, definitely seems the better prospect, imo. 

22 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He doesn't. As much as I love the wee man he isn't up to 90 minutes at this pro level yet

Great sub though, eh? 

Never said 90 minutes. Give him 60 minutes he’s scored his first goal last weekend and changed the game tonight 100% deserves the chance to start.

36 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He doesn't. As much as I love the wee man he isn't up to 90 minutes at this pro level yet

Great sub though, eh? 

Eh?

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion he was our best player tonight against a La Liga side despite being on the pitch for only 20 minutes.

He is regularly our best player when coming on from the bench, how can you confidently say “he’s not ready”.

Forget the fact he’s 18 if he was putting in the same performances from the bench but was 23 would you be saying the same thing? No would you fuck.

The fact remains he was far more pace and skill than any of our other wingers (Candeias, Murphy & Kent) and as a result he should be starting, well at least get a few starts to prove himself he’s more than earned that.

Didn't see Kent play at the weekend though heard he was excellent.

But for me in terms of impact when playing Middleton has offered more than Kent.

He simply deserves to start, what more can he do than show he delivers more repeatedly than the guy in front of him who starts weekly.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

poor first half, very good second half which for me kind of sums Arfield up, think there is still more to come

Aye he was rotten first half, Gerrard and Mac must have said the right things at half time as he was a different animal in the second half.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Didn't see Kent play at the weekend though heard he was excellent.

But for me in terms of impact when playing Middleton has offered more than Kent.

He simply deserves to start, what more can he do than show he delivers more repeatedly than the guy in front of him who starts weekly.

Just reminded me of Kent's Mols-esque turn last night

Such an exciting wee player. Thoughts he changed the game when he came on last night and for an 18 year old winger to do that against top quality opposition is pretty special.

I'm not sure he should start on Sunday but if SG feels he's ready then that's good enough for me.

40 minutes ago, Edmiston Drive said:

That sublime pass along tge deck tae allow the fullback tae put another brilliant ball in the middle and Lafferty's finish was outstanding 

On first viewing I thought it was Barasic with the pass and Middleton with the run and cross. That would have made more sense ? Guess I had too much vino....

12 hours ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is he overweight or is that just his natural build? 

1 hour ago, Bearsden bear said:

Probably a lot thinner than he appears...it's his wee baw heid that makes him look chunky

There's been some brilliant short, stocky players, Maradona for one - low centre of gravity and his strength makes it difficult to get the ball from a nippy wee player.

Glenn Middleton is a star, written all over him.