Daniel Candeias

TheCutch

Fans always love tenacity over skill for some reason. He was definitely good yesterday and shows spurts of skill but overall game in game out he is a 6 out of 10 for me. Ejaria does't cover the ground Daniel does but he is far more gifted. It all depends on your perspective of a footballer I guess.

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

He was running to get the ball so he could put it up his shirt for a celebration.

Was just away to post this ? pretty sure he was only chasing after the ball to do his celebration, which I'm guessing is he's going to become a dad. Morelos went chasing after the ball after it was kicked to the sideline to be replaced, to give it to Candeias to do his celebration. 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Fans always love tenacity over skill for some reason. He was definitely good yesterday and shows spurts of skill but overall game in game out he is a 6 out of 10 for me. Ejaria does't cover the ground Daniel does but he is far more gifted. It all depends on your perspective of a footballer I guess.

It doesn’t need to be one or the other. There’s room to appreciate what both of those sort of players can offer to a team.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

I'll take a team filled with the likes of Daniel Candeias, Sasa Papac and Nach Novo over Josh Windass, Niko Krancjar and Barrie McKay any day of the week.

I rate Candeias for all the positive reasons people have listed already. I do think sometimes he can be a bit sloppy in possession at times with his passing or his crossing but by in large he's an asset to the team. I think sometimes his first touch, trickery and intelligence get overlooked at times - he takes up some great positions. Even in games like Villarreal on Thursday there, he was pretty poor but he kept working and he set up Arfield's goal - that attitude is so important.

One of the good things this season is that we have the option to rotate him too. If he's not quite up to it, we have Kent and Grezda to play wide right as well - or even the 352 with Tav playing wingback. That kind of competition should keep him on his toes as well.

Also - will always be thankful to him for missing that penalty against Killie which lead to Caixinha getting binned. :lol: