Gerrard

Lloyd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do folk still think Change is easy - SG is doing better than I though but anyone who doesn’t realise that with all the changes we need some stability and 2-3 more transfer windows to really be back.

this thread like other threads is just the same over reactive nonsense we don’t need but keep repeating. 

29 minutes ago, Yonner said:

We've got less time left to see the good stuff...that's what makes it more painful! Truthfully, i can't imagine any of us feel any differnt today after what happened at Hampden....but i also believe the vast majority of us have been wondering are we REALLY the real deal yet? I said as much in another post earlier in the week and copped a slating for it. The bastard players and bastard manager have done such a magnificent job of building up our collective expectations, we all got swept along in the wave of enthusiasm despite our better judgement tellng us that Motherwell and Livinston weren't flukes. For me, overall the project is still ahead of schedule.

As a bear in the same age group let me confirm it gets harder to witness performances like today and what might have been.  

However this is still an ongoing work in progress and I’m afraid we will most defo see days like this again. We are not the real deal and far from it. 

But let’s stand by the Manager and support what is an extremely difficult job. At the end of the day what other fuckin choice do we have. He has to strengthen and add some quality in the jan window

Some guys who are going ballistic have to get real and understand where we actually are as a team. 

14 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why do folk still think Change is easy - SG is doing better than I though but anyone who doesn’t realise that with all the changes we need some stability and 2-3 more transfer windows to really be back.

this thread like other threads is just the same over reactive nonsense we don’t need but keep repeating. 

Threads like this will stop when we start turning up for big games and start lifting trophies.

Fuck sake.

Steven Gerrard has been the best thing that's happened to us in years, certainly from a footballing stand point.

He got yesterday wrong, he's taking the blame, the players also must take the blame and we must see a reaction but to call for his head... Fuck me. 

Remember how we've done in Europe, remember where we were last year and years before. 

Now we have to make a run in the league and get 15 from our next five games and we'll be sitting pretty. 

8 hours ago, keithgersbear said:

We need to give him the full season to give a proper assessment. The knee-jerk reactions on this thread are pathetic. I blame the players as much as Gerrard. Bottling big games consistently for years now. 

There is a few players slide into that category .Most of these players have been winners with us 

Ultimately it's trophies that count at this club

So I work my way back to find the root cause  

12 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Fuck sake.

Steven Gerrard has been the best thing that's happened to us in years, certainly from a footballing stand point.

He got yesterday wrong, he's taking the blame, the players also must take the blame and we must see a reaction but to call for his head... Fuck me. 

Remember how we've done in Europe, remember where we were last year and years before. 

Now we have to make a run in the league and get 15 from our next five games and we'll be sitting pretty. 

There is no way this team goes to Tynecastle and gets a result.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Usual shite we hear on a weekly basis on here.

”next 5 games easily winnable” “15 points from 15”.

Fucking Embarrasing. Can’t remember the last time we won more than 3 games straight. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d have no worries going to Tynecastle.

A sense of perspective really is required in the criticism of our manager.

All this talk of away form hoodoos would never have arisen had we seen out two commanding displays at Fir Park and Pittodrie. We are undoubtedly a far better team than Aberdeen and yesterday’s result doesn’t change that. I remember us going to the piggery, getting hammered for eighty odd minutes and leaving with three points courtesy of McCoist. We loved it then, but it was a sickener yesterday because we were on the receiving end.

We are unbeaten in Europe, two points behind the scum in the league and we are gutted at losing a semi final we dominated. Don’t tell me that’s not huge progress.

My main concerns are around our inability to get past a ten man defence, our inability to make anything of free kicks/corners while conceding from one again, and our complete dependence on two boys from Liverpool who run out of steam and ideas after an hour.

As for yesterday, Morelos plays, we win. It’s that simple.

10 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I really expected to beat Aberdeen today mate, not by maybe more than a goal, but we were just so poor today when we got near their 18 yd box it was hellish to watch. I have no idea why Stevie did not make changes at about 70 minutes. 

I am also going to say and not with any great conviction that I still think he can sort this out. He must start learning from his mistakes and not let players continue to take shite corners and free kicks game after game and also drop players if need be.

I so want Stevie G to make this work, as I know you do, and will continue to keep the faith for as long as I can.

Tonight we are all hurting  because the annoying thing is that the :aberdeen: are not good at the moment. I hope to see the players whoever are picked to prove on Wed night that they know they fucked up today, along with the management team, and put on a good performance.  

Well said Brother. ??

7 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

two commanding displays at Fir Park and Pittodrie. 

We didn't have a commanding display at Fir park, they battered us.

8 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

No it's not, Morelos has played in other games we have lost.

31 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Fuck sake.

Remember where we were last year?

End of October 2017, we'd just been knocked out the cup at Hampden by Motherwell after a terrible performance (that's not improved) 

And we were sitting 3rd in the table with everybody was going off their nut because the league was basically done already, we were 6 behind the taigs and 5 behind Aberdeen 

We're sitting 5th now and are 8 points off the leaders. The only reason we're still close to the taigs is because they've been just as shit as us in the league so far 

Domestically, under Gerrard, we're no better than we were with Murty/Pedro 

11 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

All this talk of away form hoodoos would never have arisen had we seen out two commanding displays at Fir Park and Pittodrie. We are undoubtedly a far better team than Aberdeen and yesterday’s result doesn’t change that. I remember us going to the piggery, getting hammered for eighty odd minutes and leaving with three points courtesy of McCoist. We loved it then, but it was a sickener yesterday because we were on the receiving end.

We are unbeaten in Europe, two points behind the scum in the league and we are gutted at losing a semi final we dominated. Don’t tell me that’s not huge progress.

My main concerns are around our inability to get past a ten man defence, our inability to make anything of free kicks/corners while conceding from one again, and our complete dependence on two boys from Liverpool who run out of steam and ideas after an hour.

Motherwell pumped us mate. That second half was as embarrassing as it gets.

31 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Pointless positivity. Aberdeen let us "dominate" and we never looked like scoring.

This genuinely reminds me of when le guen came in - had us performing in Europe but league form was pish. I imagine that the European run is giving Gerrard a bit leeway at the moment but when this ends he won't have any cover left for away defeats or pish like yesterday. 

38 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Aberdeen are fucking woeful  - that’s twice we’ve played them and not won. Conceded from a set Piece and a punt in box.

Bar 30 mins at Motherwell they ran over top of us - 2 goals conceded from set pieces.

European games suit the players we have and it’s easy for the players to get up for they games.

Gerrard can’t get them motivated for away games, through in his fucking about with team selection and it’s a massive worry.

Im not buying in to this whole "if i have to buy better quality players for when he get to this stage then thats what i will do." Thats complete rubbish. Do Aberdeen have better quality players than us? No they dont. Its about desire and mentality. Its having the balls and courage to stand up and say "im going to be the man that wins us this game today." We currently have players who lack that mental strength. 

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

This. Some of the overreacting on here has been shocking. He's had one window. Taken us to the top of a group stage in Europe, that we never thought we'd get to. 

Yes our away form needs to improve. Yes we need to be more consistent and yes we need a bit more attacking quality to unlock defences.

However we've dominated that game and the improvement on last season is huge. We've got to give Gerrard backing. He's a young boss who will make mistakes, but he will get better and his team will get better.

Read someone say it was our worst semi final defeat ever- fuck me did they not see Dundee United tearing us apart a few years ago? The game against them under Kenny clipboard McDowell. 

We will get better and this team are the best we've had since Walter Smith's Rangers. I've no doubt about that. Keep the faith

Archived