We will learn more about Gerrard now..

keithgersbear

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

If we don't win the league this year

It goes down as a Vienna x 10

A massive opportunity wasted and would find very hard to get similar 

And to be honest .No amount of excuses would make me feel better about that 

As a club we've become far too good at making excuses. 

Just need to stick with the guy and give him support. Hopefully this is the attitude in the boardroom as well, as the management team clearly need help. Another 2 transfer windows should tell the true tale so at least this time next year would be prudent imo. This all depends on having funding available obviously.

Think this season has gone quite well so far. Few annoying results, but it's still early in Gerrard's Rangers career. 

Considering he almost reached the UEL Knockouts and still has us only a couple of points out of touch of the top with only one transfer window under his belt is a good start. 

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Think this season has gone quite well so far. Few annoying results, but it's still early in Gerrard's Rangers career. 

Considering he almost reached the UEL Knockouts and still has us only a couple of points out of touch of the top with only one transfer window under his belt is a good start. 

You could also say he has almost won the league title, means nothing.

22 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I have seen his team, his choices, failing to destroy 10 man Dundee and a 10 man Aberdeen, I've seen them handed chance after chance to bury this league and these players run away from the chances. His team. His choices.

We have a lot of weak characters maybe football like that now as men, in general, seem to be wee poofs now.

21 minutes ago, saintbob1969 said:

I have seen his team, his choices, failing to destroy 10 man Dundee and a 10 man Aberdeen, I've seen them handed chance after chance to bury this league and these players run away from the chances. His team. His choices.

We have one player capable of a bit of craft and prepared to get into the box Scott Arfield, we missed him badly in those games and have no one else in the squad to replace him.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Two points behind them with 22 games to play? Nowhere near out of reach.

Because we can't beat Dundee who had 10 men! I think now is when we will see just what Gerrard has and can he put wins together consistently. All we have is league games now and the Scottish cup. 

7 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Because we can't beat Dundee who had 10 men! I think now is when we will see just what Gerrard has and can he put wins together consistently. All we have is league games now and the Scottish cup. 

I've watched title winning Rangers teams struggle to beat 10 men in the league plenty of times. One game isn't a particularly accurate marker for a 38 game league season.

1 hour ago, keithgersbear said:

Now only domestic football to focus on. Will we fall apart or recover and get it together and finish 2nd and win the Scottish cup. I think we all know the league is out of reach. This is probably the best period to judge him now, imo. 

Why is the league out of touch? Fool

17 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Two points behind them with 22 games to play? Nowhere near out of reach.

They wont continue to drop the unexpected points. Unfortunately, when I look at our team with Tav as captain I cant help feeling we will repeat the lacklustre Dundee performance several times before the season is out. Hope I'm wrong but.