Jamie Carragher interview with Steven Gerrard

Smile

In 2 or 3 interviews before this SG has claimed that Rafa is the best tactical manager he's played under.

I think we've got a good one with Gerrard, and expecting this transfer window to get our squad to within 80 to 90%l% of where we need to be.

Need a bloody good display tomorrow though, as good as we've had in Europe.

The Benitez chat explains the constant tinkering but I’d say it’s a trait Gerrard has accidentally picked up.  I once saw Gerrard shake his head when Torres would get subbed at 2-1 and then Liverpool would draw.

rafa is great for defensive organisation but going forward it’s rigid and horrible- even when they won the European cup in 05 they were dreadful in the league and then winning vs juventus,they just seemed to stifle teams into boredom.   Hopefully Gerrard evolves more and takes more tactical influence from klopp.

7 hours ago, surfsup2 said:

Think he needs to talk to Walter he knows how to beat them.

3 hours ago, STEVEH said:

Excellent article. I have every confidence Gerrard will deliver a league title in his time at Ibrox.

If we win the league this year he's a miracle worker, all things considered not a lot of money and he never inherited the best of a legacy.

But he's not going to be the loser for long in his relationship with Brenda. That special relationship that they have with...…………………. - well just about everyone - ...............….. is looking a tat skinny!

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It's a fucking ridiculous point. As if he made him captain for that reason.

Could we not make Herrera captain and Pena vice then so some cunts will come sniffing to take these two duds off us.

It's a good point west Brom sniffing about could not give anybody other than tav the captaincy.