Katic today.

pcbear

Think he's a great CB for us and compliments Goldson very well. So refreshing to have 2 CBs who have the ability, yet are still young enough to form a partnership that could be last for a number of years.

I suspect he will improve even more in the coming seasons and be a big player for us, or net us a big return and go onto the bigger leagues. 

Think he's been excellent since coming back into the side. His positional sense, tackling and being strong and able to head the ball has been severely lacking from any of our CBs in recent times. Also a threat from set plays and can pass the ball. Not sure what more you want from a CB. 

Wonder if he's any good in goal.    If McGregor is preferred as first choice goalkeeper for next season then part of the weekly training routine is presumably going to have to be some time spent by defenders getting used to being a goalie so that then the call to gloves comes they are ready. 

5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

Wonder if he's any good in goal.    If McGregor is preferred as first choice goalkeeper for next season then part of the weekly training routine is presumably going to have to be some time spent by defenders getting used to being a goalie so that then the call to gloves comes they are ready. 

You said this already in the Alan McGregor thread. I guess it didn’t get enough attention for your liking. 

31 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

His passing is akin to someone who has 2 right feet no eyes and a square football. The main reason why I don't think Gerrard really fancies him. 

Will need better for next year, has a few strong attributes, heading being probably the best. Still young and will develop 

His distribution is no worse than the other two 

12 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

His distribution is no worse than the other two 

Maybe i just pick up on his mistakes more but I feel he's miles worse. One of them today he passed it out at the side of the pitch where there was literally no one near him n I had no idea what he was doing. 

I don't think I've ever seen him even attempt a big switch or ball over the opositions defense due to his inability to even be able to do it lol 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Maybe i just pick up on his mistakes more but I feel he's miles worse. One of them today he passed it out at the side of the pitch where there was literally no one near him n I had no idea what he was doing. 

I don't think I've ever seen him even attempt a big switch or ball over the opositions defense due to his inability to even be able to do it lol 

I disagree. 

I’ve no issue with CBs keeping it simple, opposite of that idiot Worrall. 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Don't see that as a big issue for a CB

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I disagree. 

I’ve no issue with CBs keeping it simple, opposite of that idiot Worrall. 

Me neither. 

But if you mean by passing a ball 5 yards, with no one near you, right out of play with none of your players near, then I'll have to disagree further. He dies similar about 4 times a match with always leaves me perplexed, I even laugh as some of them are that bad.