Jean Claude Darcheville

ready1873

Just watched Kevin Thomson pick his best 11 career teammates and perhaps the most surprising was Darcheville as striker. 

How did you rate Darcheville? Thomson said he was the only player Walter would take it easy on pre season because he was a tank naturally. And he joined us at a good age too! 

Bare in mind he had came through a lot of personal grief when he arrived at us and for me was tremendous. An absolute powerhouse, and loved the support. 

Mid the game he scored v the taigs like it was last week! 

Good player, not brilliant. Heart of a lion though, and the kind of player that loves to bond with fans. Brought more to the table than just his ability. Helped bond the fans to the team, which is a valuable characteristic.

19 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Just watched Kevin Thomson pick his best 11 career teammates and perhaps the most surprising was Darcheville as striker. 

How did you rate Darcheville? Thomson said he was the only player Walter would take it easy on pre season because he was a tank naturally. And he joined us at a good age too! 

Bare in mind he had came through a lot of personal grief when he arrived at us and for me was tremendous. An absolute powerhouse, and loved the support. 

Mid the game he scored v the taigs like it was last week! 

BTW I don't think he did score v the taigs. Thinking of the game he assisted Thomson. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Cried my eyes out walking out of Ibrox when he missed from a yard and Benzema scored for them. 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. 

Indeed, look where it took us though in the end. Shame he was below par and knackered like the entire team in Manchester - still haven't watched the highlights of that game ever since.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Indeed, look where it took us though in the end. Shame he was below par and knackered like the entire team in Manchester - still haven't watched the highlights of that game ever since.

I can't even remember the goals now 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I can't even remember the goals now 

It was all about of blur that day, remember everything leading up to it but cannot remember the game. Watched it in a pub (Filthy McNasties) in Aberdeen, remember some twat walking into the bar with a sheep shirt with Zenit on the back. Cheering as if it was his miserable lot that won the cup, he got binned out much later than he should have been. Screaming at the bouncers to let him back in. 

Happy we made it through to a Euro final, as I doubt we will see that again in our lifetime - but just felt empty after it.

I think his contribution was massively underrated to be honest. His first season at Rangers in the run upto the UEFA Cup Final his pace and power were terrorising teams both in Europe and in Scotland, people ended up forgetting his contributions due to him being finished in his final season he’d lost it completely after a few injuries.

People always bring up Cousin when talking about JCD and state how Cousin was far superior. Cousins at his best: yes he was better but that came around about 4 or 5 games a season JCD was far more consistent and therefore a better player, ability means nothing if you don’t show it.

There is a reason JCD had a better career than Cousin and a reason his scoring record is better than Cousins. Also you have to remember JCD came to us when he was 35/36 and as a player that relied upon pace and power he was always going to be a short term option. If JCD had come to Rangers in his 20’s I think he would have been a massive success.

15 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I think his contribution was massively underrated to be honest. His first season at Rangers in the run upto the UEFA Cup Final his pace and power were terrorising teams both in Europe and in Scotland, people ended up forgetting his contributions due to him being finished in his final season he’d lost it completely after a few injuries.

People always bring up Cousin when talking about JCD and state how Cousin was far superior. Cousins at his best: yes he was better but that came around about 4 or 5 games a season JCD was far more consistent and therefore a better player, ability means nothing if you don’t show it.

There is a reason JCD had a better career than Cousin and a reason his scoring record is better than Cousins. Also you have to remember JCD came to us when he was 35/36 and as a player that relied upon pace and power he was always going to be a short term option. If JCD had come to Rangers in his 20’s I think he would have been a massive success.

He was 31 when we signed him.