Edmundson

Just now, psb07158 said:

Edmundson was solid but so far mate it's Goldson who has been the "poorest" of our CBs in pre season and competitive football so I agree his position shouldnt be safe but I think Gerrard trusts him more than anyone else. 

Put poorest in inverted commas there because nobody has been that bad tbh we have looked OK its typically when the ball has been turned over by our midfield with slack passes etc our defence has come under a bit of pressure

Aye Goldson is Gerrards first choice definitely. I maybe should have worded better, a few times he was off last season and now we are in a position we could drop him. It will be Goldson and Hellander our 1st 2, them Edmunson then Katic I think. The latter 2 possibly getting cup games.

3 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

His cross field pass is such an effective tool for us to use to open the play up. 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He pings it man, bit like the gaffer's cross field passes :lol:

That's also twice now he's got forward and attempted to shoot 

I mean he's skied both but Gerrard clapped him both times so he must be encouraging it :lol:

buzzing already for the one time that flies into the top corner this season

11 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Fast, assured on the ball and can ping a pass. Impressive.  

Helanders got big competition. Unfortunately that really dies put the big man Katic down the pecking order, hopefully he fights for it though as it only benifits the team that sort of competition.

Few shaky moments from Goldson tonight who's position is far from safe too.

Glad you put that line in 🙂

8 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

And aye the best bit about him is he MISSES PLAYERS OUT WITH A PASS

been fucking screaming at our CBs for ages to do that man. Speeds up the play so much and gets us going again 

Our inability to do this all over the pitch is absolutely shocking and was really bad tonight 

Why play one switch ball into space when you can play 4 across the park and get closed down 

4 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

He pings it man, bit like the gaffer's cross field passes :lol:

He must have been given some tips he likes a long range dig too. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

That's also twice now he's got forward and attempted to shoot 

I mean he's skied both but Gerrard clapped him both times so he must be encouraging it :lol:

buzzing already for the one time that flies into the top corner this season

He didn't sky the one tonight it was just wide. To be fair he looks like a Rangers defender and I can pay him no higher praise. 

19 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

To be fair Worrall looked alright for a few games 

I mind thinking after Villarreal away that we didn't miss Katic 

He’d have got roasted tonight in some of the one v ones that Edmundson got left with tonight even if he was having a good game.