Andy King On Loan

Scotjo

40 minutes ago, TMB said:

Aribo I agree with.  But, we play with two box-to-box players and a holding midfielder.  If Arfield is in a more advanced role who partners Aribo in central midfield?  I like Jack and Kamara but they’re not goal scorers.  Maybe, against teams that park the bus, the manager wants more a goal threat.

We’re you replying to me mate?

I was just having a wee joke that we could play Levein’s 4-6-0  system, now we were up to 6 midfielders.....

22 minutes ago, beararse said:

Think this one has caught us all by surprise.

Not sure what to make if it HOWEVER, given King has been at Leicester for 15 years I’m sure he’ll have played against Gerrard numerous times.

I doubt Gerrard would have entertained a loan if he, in his personal experience, thought the guy was shite.

Nah?

No offence, but I value the gaffers thoughts more.

Correct

He's shite before he has even pulled on the blue jersey ? if he indeed does sign on loan let us wait and see what the manager obviously sees in the player.he wont be the first player he has transformed since taking over as our manager and I doubt very much if Steven Gerrard would entertain any kind of loan deal if he did not think the player could hack it.

2 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

He's shite before he has even pulled on the blue jersey ? if he indeed does sign on loan let us wait and see what the manager obviously sees in the player.he wont be the first player he has transformed since taking over as our manager and I doubt very much if Steven Gerrard would entertain any kind of loan deal if he did not think the player could hack it.

I'm sure Gerrard knows everything about this player and may even have played against him. The Google boys will let me know soon enough.

Give the lad a chance, Until he has some games for Rangers i'll be optimistic about this one.

He needs to stay fit, thats the main issue he has had recently, I feel this will be the last midfielder that we bring in. And it gives us some incredible depth. Think back to 3 seasons ago. Barton, Kranjcar, Holt, Crookes, Rossitier. Compared to Arfield, Jack, Aribo, King , Kamara, Davies.  There is no contest....

Steven Gerrard has done some incredible business at Rangers. I trust him with his judgment. I feel he's earned  that trust.  King alone won't win us the title obviously. But it's hell of a backup to have..

#MidWalesLoyal

I think we could have got till January with the 5 midfielders we have for centre mid and seen how we were for injuries or suspension

but Gerrard has said he wants 2 players for every position, Jack, aribo, Davis, king, docherty & kamara will fight it out to play in the middle, Holt, Dorrans & Grezda are finished with us Halliday survives as cover at lb 

7 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Some on here had Kent down as a shite player 2 games in then wee crying out for us to sign him at the end of the season.

I think King will be good for back up in case of injury or suspension. He plays well coming off the bench which is likely the role he has been signed up for. Has experience of coming up through the English divisions so shouldn't have a problem adjusting to Scottish football and is only 31 so fitness shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Maybe it's just his surname that irks some, now if he were called Ashley...  :p:

1 minute ago, The Blues said:

Baffled by this. What we need is a big robust striker and a left back that can attack. Plenty of options in midfield. 

Big robust striker to play where/when???

We don’t play the high punt to a big striker. 

Folk are forgetting that Jones Ojo Stewart Barker Hastie Arfield are there to play in the front 3 along side Defoe & Buff. 

I’m slightly (again) underwhelmed by this. Make no mistake, they are there for the taking under Lennon and whilst I accept the stronger as a whole, a higher quality loan / purchase really will put the cat amongst the pigeons over there.  I feel we still lack that higher quality we all said we needed close season. 

1 minute ago, krissg910 said:

Can he play lb? If not pretty pointless addition.  Jack, kamara, Davis, arfield, aribo, docherty should all be in front of this guy for a game. 

Seems like a waste of funds we could of used better 

We have 3 players for lb so signing another lb would be pointless unless we can move on at least 1 of them. King gives Gerrard his 6 midfielders to rotate with. Gerrard also said arfield is not classed as a midfielder so I don't see any problems with this signing 

15 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

We have 3 players for lb so signing another lb would be pointless unless we can move on at least 1 of them. King gives Gerrard his 6 midfielders to rotate with. Gerrard also said arfield is not classed as a midfielder so I don't see any problems with this signing 

Take arfield out n put halliday in for the 6th midfielder.  I player we really don't need imho.

I haven't seen much of him tbh so not saying hes no good. Just not a player we need. As for your 3 lbs. Flanagan is a rb being played out of position.  Barisic is hopeless and halliday isn't really a lb either.