Big Katic is here for 10 in a row....

GOAT

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

FS Goatno clicks for these cntsΒ 

Β 

Rangers aceΒ Niko KaticΒ says he wants to stay at Ibrox for the rest of his career.

And gafferΒ Steven GerrardΒ has revealed he’s ready to hand the Croat a new, improved contract.

The 22-year-old has impressed at the back for Gers so far this season and was a rock during their 1-0 Europa League win over Legia Warsaw on Thursday night.

Afterwards, Gerrard hailed the fans’ favourite as a β€˜mountain’ and described that the defender hadΒ 
produced a β€˜wow’ performance for someone of his age.Β 

Now, ahead of today’s Old Firm clash withΒ celtic, Katic insists he’d happily stay in Glasgow for the long term.

And Gerrard wants the Ibrox board to to tie him up on a deal.

Katic, who arrived last summer for Β£1.5 million from Slaven Belupo, said: β€œOf course, I want to stay here, I’m really enjoying it.

β€œIf I have to stay atΒ RangersΒ for my whole life, why not?

β€œEvery game you play here at Ibrox is in front of 50,000 fans. You play European games and have a manager like Steven Gerrard, as well as top team-mates.

β€œI really enjoy it so if I stay here my whole life, why not?”

Gerrard is keen to have all his top young players secured to the club on long-term deals.

Katic is currently keeping Β£3 million Swedish star Filip Helander out of the team and the Ibrox gaffer wants the board to extend his current contract that runs out in 2022.

Gerrard said: β€œNiko is in a good place right now. We spent a lot of money on him but we could see what he had and I feel he’ll continue to go from strength to strength.

β€œThe experiences like Thursday night and last season will help him become an even better player.

β€œWe want him around here for a long time. He’s one we’re looking to try and extend so he can stay beyond the contract he’s on now.”

Thanks for posting the article,Spakle…. hate giving the Sun hits.

Β 

Β 

25 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Guy has improved tenfold since his pep talk from Richard Gough a few months ago. Has all the makings of a future captain and I am delighted for him and that he’s our player.Β 

What was that then? missed that.

30 minutes ago, pcbear said:

What was that then? missed that.

When Gough was over a few months back they bumped into each other. Might have been at Goughs Hotel. They had a chat about what it takes to play for the famous.Β 

Now from what I see from Katic. He loves it here and buys into what we are all about. Who better than bump into who I concider the greatest centre half in my time.Β 

Katic has the world at his feet. He's at a club he loves playing for and he has 99.9pc of a traditionally hard to please fanbase behind him.Β 

I Don't expect him to be here for many years but do expect him to have many more great times here before he does eventually leave.Β 

Β 

Fuckin love the wee big manΒ 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He’s certainly bulked up the past few months. Β An absolute brick outhouse now.

Β 

I think we have been the best move he could ever have had. I watched him at the U21 euros and he was a class apart in defence. Even though the rest of the defence were suspect.Β 

He must know we love him and its given him the belief to take himself to the next levelΒ 

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

He’ll play in the Premier League.

As much as I would love to believe his line about being here for life he will leave at some point that is inevitable, would love to see him here for at least another 4 years and eventually being captain for us.

I think he got what Rangers were about very quickly but Gough's talk with him may have set him backΒ on the right path when his head could rightly be down, he will move on eventually but hopefully he has a bunch of medal's in the bag and a wedge of cash for us as the cherry on top.

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

Our 10 in a row that is! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§

https://www.BOYCOTT THIS LINK/sport/football/football-news/nikola-katic-set-new-Rangers-19116678

what a hero

Boy will be a fucking captain in a few years, already becoming a leader on the park and is improving positionally all the time, that and the fact he’s absolutely fearless gives him everything he needs to become a real Rangers hero. Love the guy and hope like he does he’s here for the rest of his careerΒ