Gerrards fault

ElBufalo20

Team selection and tactics abysmal. Thats on Gerrard.

3 players at most can hold their heads high. The attitude, fight plus basic ability was sadly lacking in so many today. Thats on the players.

No positives today, an embarrassment from players and management tbh.

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Goldson’s fault also, that pass was criminal, he should just have booted it up the park instead of trying to be clever.

Why isn't one of the five midfielders dropping deep to begin the attacks. Asking for trouble against the pace they have. 

Baffling formation from Gerrard. There weakness is their full backs. We should have been doubling up on Boli with a winger and Tav overlapping.

And if you're going to play 5 midfielders. Then start Morelos. You need someone who can drag their CB out of position to create space for guys to run in behind.

Finally, a general lack of quality in the final third is evident. We've signed two CB to sit on the bench. King and Stewart to cover an already packed midfield. And Ojo and Jones who aren't anywhere near Kent's level.

1 minute ago, Kai_Johansen said:

Don't think anyone is calling for his head, just massively disappointed with the performance and result. We had a chance to put them under pressure for the first time in a long time, and as a collective we blew it big time!

Check the match thread mate. Some utterly moronic, overreactions in there. 

That team was basically the same backbone that won the last game at Ibrox.

Except now we have lost Kent (and Candeias) and replaced them with Ojo and Jones.

Boyd nailed it for once post match. We don't have the quality in the final third to break teams down.

We nullify Tavernier's threat by not playing a winger ahead of him so they can double up on him.

Whilst Flanagan can't get past the half way line. was all too easy for them to defend.

We didn't look like scoring unless Morelos created something out of nothing

1 hour ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Its effectively a new backline for them with what is potentially a bombscare at LB, and we didn't go for them once its absolute stupidity.

We should have flew out the traps and gave them somethig to think about but instead we sat off and let them get into a rhthym.

They were there for the taking today. New inexperienced defense playing in a hostile atmosphere.

Let's put no pressure on them and crowd out the midfield instead. Play the smallest player on the park upfront with no one near him. 

Try and play out from back when there playing the high press.

Going by the tactics, we looked like the away team and them the home side.

31 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Popcorn teeth pulled a walter smith on us. Smith went to the piggery over the years with teams full of injuries, players out of position etc and got away with it, the wee cunt done that today. 

I don't think he did.  Gerrard shot us in the foot, end of.

Yep, got our starting midfield and forwards wrong today. Shoehorned Kamara into midfield and pushed Aribo to the wing as a result...baffling. A real lack of pace in the final third. Arfield and Aribo should never be expected to play on the wings.

Gerrard, if you want to experiment then do it against some pishy diddy team like East Fife...not in a game against the manky mob!

Worst thing I can say about today is that it felt like having Murty back in charge. At home, first OF game of the season and against a poor celtic side that we've outplayed the last few times (even when we were down a man!). Why SG showed them so much respect I'll never understand. He sent a very clear message to the players pre kick off and it certainly wasn't a positive one.

23 minutes ago, Bluebearger said:

Win all the other games and the league is ours. I'd take 4 old firm defeats In  the league  if we win the league. We just need to remain steadfast and treat all the other games like its do or die cup finals. Just win them Rangers be it Hamilton or Hivs.  Just win them all !!!

Cant see those cunts dropping 13 more points over the course of a season more than is unfortunately 

I genuinely cannot get my head around Gerrard’s thinking today. How do you rationalise playing Aribo in that position and playing that narrow when we all know they can be got at out wide? We had great success against them in wide areas last season and went at them at Ibrox and battered them - why the fuck did we change so drastically?

Even the substitutions (which may have made zero difference) baffled me - would have pulled off Aribo before Kamara (for that 50/50 alone) and Jones ahead of Ojo was surely a no brainer.

really strange stuff from the gaffer today and I’m seriously struggling to understand what he was even thinking. 

24 minutes ago, Jonnyboyrfc said:

I genuinely cannot get my head around Gerrard’s thinking today. How do you rationalise playing Aribo in that position and playing that narrow when we all know they can be got at out wide? We had great success against them in wide areas last season and went at them at Ibrox and battered them - why the fuck did we change so drastically?

Even the substitutions (which may have made zero difference) baffled me - would have pulled off Aribo before Kamara (for that 50/50 alone) and Jones ahead of Ojo was surely a no brainer.

really strange stuff from the gaffer today and I’m seriously struggling to understand what he was even thinking. 

The only thought that came into my head was.....everyone knew they were 'weak' at the back and the scum would set themselves up to counter wide players. So Gerrard changed it & went narrow instead. And it backfired spectacularly.

Makes absolutely no sense, but it's all I can come up with.