Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Still cant believe amongst this all that they released the votes received by 5pm when their own vote form said "if possible" by that time. They knew fine well that wasnt a formal deadline yet released part results.

Unprecedented in my lifetime as far as I can think of any corporate voting process.

Incredible.

This is the bit i'm struggling to get my head around tbh.

It shows you how untouchable they think they are- years of negligence going unpunished with nobody in the media willing to take a closer look. 

It's actually shocking.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

The exact opposite happening. They are turning on them. 

Agreed.

It's a breath of fresh air seeing some in the MSM wanting what's best for Scottish football and not one club. I hope more in the press do their bit to stop the corruption and clean up the Scottish game.

Just now, OceanRain said:

"It is thought they believed they had voted around midday but had to confirm it later."

that was them confirming, still no mention of any phone call in their comments. the publishing of the vote without their vote being cast, would point to any phone call if there ever was one, being after the event.

However the hearts saga is a red herring in this fiasco, nothing more nothing less.

There is a massive story here if any paper or journalist has the balls and that is investigating Lawwell. I’m not just talking about this episode, I’m talking about for years. Corrupt to the core.

Also you think Dundee would’ve learned from Dundee Hibs after they done a deal with the devil and nearly lost their club.

I feel like I've woke up in an alternate dimension lol. 

English, stewart and provan taking our side. The record writing an article about null and void that shows why it is the correct solution. 

For the first time in years I am hopeful the tide is turning here and we can get the corrupt cabal out of power. 

5 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

The danger here is that Dundee have done nothing more than be dishonest with their fellow clubs by stating on WhatsApp that they had voted no.  They can’t be hung for that but will be far from popular with ICT and Partick.  They have 28 days to vote so haven’t broken any rules there either.

Perhaps this was Dundee’s plan all the time, so that the would then be in poll position to negotiate a deal to suit them?

If they did not submit their vote as the SPFL claim, then again no rules broken.

There has to be evidence that someone (I.e. the SPFL) has attempted to rig the vote, which I truly hope we have. I can’t believe we would call them out only on the basis of the WhattsApp details provided by ICT.

Change is needed and the club have to hit for this 100%.

The current amendment is shameful and the ICT chief summed this up perfectly yesterday.  

Ideally, we have something from the SPFL side discussing how to deal with Dundee’s “vote” or a quid pro quo for them dropping it. Don’t think release of the screenshots would constitute whistleblowing. 

8 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Why would they send a signed sheet to the other clubs showing a no vote. That's not dishonest. That would be something much more sinister.

It could be an internal club issue given it's not the same person voting as was on the WhatsApp chat.  It could be they're in bed with the spfl. We just dont know.

Theres just no clarity from Dundee right now which in itself lacks integrity and does them no favours.

14 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

Maybe their silence is due to seeking legal council. They could have sent the No vote through as they have said. They could have a taped conversation of what the SPFL offered them. At this point I think they should be given the benefit of the doubt until more facts come through.

They could easily explain that scenario without giving anything away and they would get the benefit of the doubt no problem but to stay silent is weird. 

4 minutes ago, backup said:

that was them confirming, still no mention of any phone call in their comments. the publishing of the vote without their vote being cast, would point to any phone call if there ever was one, being after the event.

However the hearts saga is a red herring in this fiasco, nothing more nothing less.

Yes, I mentioned the timing of the call too.

It doesn't help that BBC Scotland don't have episodes of Sportsound available to listen to again.

Just now, Dave Hedgehog said:

They could easily explain that scenario without giving anything away and they would get the benefit of the doubt no problem but to stay silent is weird. 

I don't think it's weird at this point, they may be seeking legal council.

I'm of the impression that it's something to do with company law as DP said in his statement ...

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

20 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A long, long wait ahead for that.

English can at times take a journalistic approach. Stewart would have an entirely different view if Hearts were 11th and St Mirren in their 12th position.  Sutton is on the payroll and wont deviate from his instructions.

You are correct. Sutton - and Hartson- make good money doing the rounds at Supporters Clubs and celtic Pubs. He wont put that at risk.

A sycophant of the highest order.

2 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

Yes, I mentioned the timing of the call too.

It doesn't help that BBC Scotland don't have episodes of Sportsound available to listen to again.

Sorry mate missed the time, when was it out of interest.

5 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

This, apparently, is all about finance. OK, fine. Release funds. 

Null and void and start over. Anything else is ridiculous and teams like Hearts, Thistle and Falkirk would rightfully have legal claims. 

How can it ever be appropriate for opposition football clubs to be able to vote on other football clubs getting relegated, that in itself should result in legal claims. 

1 minute ago, backup said:

Sorry mate missed the time, when was it out of interest.

IIRC, Hearts were contacted (if that's what was said) *after* their submission, but Dundee were contacted almost a full hour before their PDF uncannily tripped the SPFL firewall.

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

A long, long wait ahead for that.

English can at times take a journalistic approach. Stewart would have an entirely different view if Hearts were 11th and St Mirren in their 12th position.  Sutton is on the payroll and wont deviate from his instructions.

Yep, I suspect Stewart's position is pay the money now, if season can't finish then call it as it stands but with league reconstruction.

However, at least he recognises this whole situation reeks

All I can say to Sutton is 2005 when celtic were 7pts clear with 4 games to go and do not even have to play Rangers,

They lost we won it, so that proves alone that the league was not won.

Refuse to kick off next season until this one is done if they do it make the league null &avoid.

Time to join the little clubs again and break up the SPFL as it's just as corrupt as ever 

Doncaster should have went in 2012 and here we are 8 years later.  Disgraceful 

5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think it's weird at this point, they may be seeking legal council.

I'm of the impression that it's something to do with company law as DP said in his statement ...

“The farcical conduct of this affair seems to me to bring the corporate governance and business operations of the SPFL into sharp focus. It is an example of an undemocratic culture, which has existed within the SPFL for far too long.

You have mentioned this umpteen times, what do you think it means 

It still looks to me like a catastrophic breakdown in communication between the secretary sending pictures of this vote (which according to the SPFL never existed) and whatever was happening elsewhere between club executives and other parties.

I mean, just how the fuck do you spin that?

Archived