Favourite Rangers player

dougie76

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a mention of Fernando Ricksen yet, how his Rangers career started and what it became was an early sign of his great fighting spirit that he showed  during his battle against his illness

Great in the middle of the park, great leader on the park also 👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Not a mention of Fernando Ricksen yet, how his Rangers career started and what it became was an early sign of his great fighting spirit that he showed  during his battle against his illness

Great in the middle of the park, great leader on the park also 👏👏👏

First player in Scottish football to be banned retrospectively by tv evidence.  20 years ago ffs 

Loved Fernando, was outstanding for us 2004-05 season.

Morelos is currently running in my stakes as my other most respected player. 

To stay at our club with the harassment he got from the refs, opposition players,the media and the authorities themselves was admirable.Even took a bit of stick from a few Gers fans too. 

Staying at our club was a great credit to himself (and Steve Gerrard,) and  the way he has interacted with his folk back home is truly virtuous and heroic , not terms I tend to associate with modern footballers.  His humanity and humility puts many to shame, especially the haters in Scotland.

Never thought I'd respect a young 23 year old Gers player so much. 

Ian Ferguson was my favourite player as he lived the dream and I've never seen a more selfless Ger . A guy who only cared about Rangers winning 1st and himself second. That's always something that bothered me about super Ally .Two of the biggest days of my life were the league decider v the sheep and 9 in a row clincher. Ally didn't start either of them and never celebrated the way I'd have expected a TRUE Ranger to have , add to that his knocking us back before eventually signing and I've got issues. Ian Ferguson was promised by Alex  Smith he'd be told as soon as Rangers were interested , Ferguson found out we were in for him and walked out straight away , training on his own until he got his dream move.

1 hour ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

jimmy  millar  summed up what playing for us meant.

:tu:

Yes he did mate .... another player who would burst through brick walls for us .... him along with Ralph Brand were a formidable duo .... great memories.

🇬🇧

it's taken a few years but I can seperate mccoist the player and mccoist the man/manager again. Mccoist is far and away my favourite player. Gave us so many great memories. One of best strikers in europe at his peak, a real winner and loved a goal against the bheasts. 

Laudrup, Albertz, mols and Barry are up there. 

Cuellar deserves a mention. Was around that time I became too fat and unfit to play cm anymore and moved to center half and loved watching him. 

Archived