Barker

plymouthranger

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not defending Barker cause he doesn’t do enough but if there was more movement in the team, quicker passing and more running off the ball then he might do better. Difficult to single out one player when there’s another half dozen not helping.

6 hours ago, mark1963 said:

Still on books or thereabout mcrorie ,docherty,Murphy ,Middleton ,Hastie Jones etc, not productive and a waste of wages also Defoe Davis arfield past it and not pound for pound worth it .some baggage to carry financially.we can't be too confident on purchases too as not many lately have been successes 

The only people that midfield will strike fear into is our HR department 😂

21 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm gonna be really honest here (and I know I'm gonna get dogs abuse) I don't think he was that bad when he came on

He showed more than most others

I'm not saying I rate him or agree with bringing him on but he done OK 

He's not the reason we never won - put it that way

I'm no fan either but he had a couple of touches yesterday that had they come off would have produced a one on one with the keeper for the players he was laying the ball off to.

I'd put both down to good/lucky defending on their part and that shitty pitch.

21 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Barker as the solution against a team with almost 10 outfield defensive players was doomed to fail.

Tbf m8, fucking messi would have struggled to create space in the final 3rd yesterday...I fucking detest how teams choose to line up against us these days, unless we get an early breakthrough then these teams get deeper & deeper and become more heroic with every fucking block or clearance, I think it was 42mins yesterday before Livingston made it into our box....fucking dire to watch and even more dire trying and failing to break it down

He is not Rangers class but for me he actually improved us when he came on yesterday. I think to single him out is unfair, when the problem lay more with the attitude of the starting 11 and the defensive set up from the manager. 

7 hours ago, mark1963 said:

Still on books or thereabout mcrorie ,docherty,Murphy ,Middleton ,Hastie Jones etc, not productive and a waste of wages also Defoe Davis arfield past it and not pound for pound worth it .some baggage to carry financially.we can't be too confident on purchases too as not many lately have been successes 

Fucking shameful record tbh . And I honestly think there is worse to come from SG

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

Murphy lacks a bit of pace but he has some guile about him and can score a goal, i would 100% keep Murphy and get rid of Barker, Middleton  and Jones way before him.

Sorry, Murphy's done. Just because Barker et al are pish is no reason to give Murphy game time.  Gerrard fucked it with his starting eleven and tactics.  It was same old same old.

6 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Sorry, Murphy's done. Just because Barker et al are pish is no reason to give Murphy game time.  Gerrard fucked it with his starting eleven and tactics.  It was same old same old.

You may be right. Murphy may very well be done at least in the sense of playing for Rangers but I would have liked him to have been given a chance so we could all assess for ourselves.

Barker has been given that chance and he is no where near consistent enough to play for us.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

You may be right. Murphy may very well be done at least in the sense of playing for Rangers but I would have liked him to have been given a chance so we could all assess for ourselves.

Barker has been given that chance and he is no where near consistent enough to play for us.

I remember Big Eck, saying more than a few players looked brilliant in training but an entirely different story when given the jersey for real.

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

Whoever the fuck made the decision to sign him should be sacked on the spot and made to take him home.

Absolutely.

The fact that he is useless is no revelation to anyone who has seen him fail and fail again.

Someone from our club watched him play and thought: “he’s a player, he could do a job for us...”

Whoever that was, they should never be involved in any player dealings on our behalf ever again.

Personally, I’d have that person, whoever it is, share a taxi with fucking CoCo Combover and get them both to fuck.

23 hours ago, bluenoz said:

No one can convince me Jamie Murphy is not better than this guy. Couldn't care less how fast he is, he is gutless. I hope we have seen the last of him. Sell.

Still think Murphy's potentially the best winger we have at the club. He's got an end product. Should be in the team

He didn't decide to put himself on, someone else did that, its them that should be getting the grief. Most of us will think that Barker has his limitations but yesterday was neither the time, place or conditions to ask him to conjour up a winner.

Archived