Gerrard

TMB

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Folk were saying Gerrards time was up today if we lost due to playing Barker ffs.

11 games, 4 ahead, 26 goals for, 3 against, a win at their place.

Time for us ALL to move forward in full support of the manager, no?

Never saw that about Barker. I don't read everything in a match thread, especially on OF day.

I said to my pal before the game I thought Barker or Jones was a decent choice because I assumed we would want pace right across the front line today against their back three.

But what does support the Manager mean? Genuinely? I read this all the time and I don't know what it entails. None of us want to see him fail. People are allowed to ask questions and criticise. He's a big lad and he gets paid a lot of money, I don't think he will give 2 pence about what some people on a forum he doesn't read say about him.

I'll still remain sceptical of him until he wins a league, like I would against any Rangers manager.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Of course I do. Do you want to see him praised after every win and bashed after every week? Ffs it's just gonna be back and forth.

Taig behaviour to argue in house after a great day.

You're having a laugh if you think he won't be bashed after every loss.

FFS he gets bashed even when we win, he gets slaughtered when we draw.  Just glad we haven't lost a game this season as I hate to think how bad it will get.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They've got sheep and Hivs away coming up.

We keep winning and let's see how they handle the pressure.

They haven't won at easter road in the league since 2014 I think? Good fucking chance they drop points there.

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

Of course I do. Do you want to see him praised after every win and bashed after every week? Ffs it's just gonna be back and forth.

That's fair enough.

Would have been equally fair to call out those pre kick off talking about Gerrards time being up if defeated.

Bit questionable to allow that, and the negative threads after dropped points, but challenge posters delighted for Gerrard today whilst sticking up for those who seem in the camp against Gerrard.

Right boys, we've all made our points. No need to draw it out, let's all just enjoy the win. Think it was a fair point to raise but no need to dampen anyone's mood when they log in. It's been said but let's celebrate with each other now that it's been said and done 

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Delighted for him , there is absolutely nothing between these two teams now , which is a fair achievement given where we were only a couple of years ago , and their ability to spend compared to us . 

What we need to do now is stop dropping silly points , because we're more susceptible to that than them . Hopefully last seasons painful ending will be a lesson learned . I'm sure it will . 

Disagree, we’re fucking superior in every department imo 

Stop dropping points against shite and we’re easily the best team in the country 

Just now, Broxi said:

Right boys, we've all made our points. No need to draw it out, let's all just enjoy the win. Think it was a fair point to raise but no need to dampen anyone's mood when they log in. It's been said but let's celebrate with each other now that it's been said and done 

Agreed. No more posts on it from me.

56 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Need to kick on or like December it will be worth nothing in the long run.

Think they cunts have a tough run end of Oct/start Nov. Aberdeen away, Motherwell away then Hibs away. We have to start by fucking Livi next Sunday, no let up, keep the pressure on. :UK:

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Never saw that about Barker. I don't read everything in a match thread, especially on OF day.

I said to my pal before the game I thought Barker or Jones was a decent choice because I assumed we would want pace right across the front line today against their back three.

But what does support the Manager mean? Genuinely? I read this all the time and I don't know what it entails. None of us want to see him fail. People are allowed to ask questions and criticise. He's a big lad and he gets paid a lot of money, I don't think he will give 2 pence about what some people on a forum he doesn't read say about him.

I'll still remain sceptical of him until he wins a league, like I would against any Rangers manager.

There were a few about Barker, and tbh thats my issue. Its always fuckkng nonsense like that. Or win 5 games after Hivs including scum away etc. Its clear agenda.

There's posters who want Gerrard out. It's been established. No one wants us to lose, but still some want him gone. Ask them how that works.

People are allowed to ask questions, and criticise. Also to praise and offer backing whilst seeing progress.

Today's a good day. For us on here, Gerrard, every one supporting us so I'm sure no one is bothered by those defending anyone at the club.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

Disagree, we’re fucking superior in every department imo 

Stop dropping points against shite and we’re easily the best team in the country 

I actually do agree with you , I'm just trying not to build myself up too much after last December :whistle:

It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure if a few results go against them . 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Win both and we are at least 7 points clear. 

They may have two games in hand but this would be the first time they've had any real pressure.

Both games wont be until 2021. If they win cup SF thats 3 games to reschedule. 

We MUST not relent and lets see how they cope.

Agree with that. But as I keep saying, quarter 1 we've been away to Hivs, sheep and scum. Let's not under recognise that. Its huge coming out ahead on points let alone level, despite Prso or someone saying we needed to be points ahead. 

We've built a platform, means fuck all if we don't build on it. But right now we're in a better position than I'd think is fair to expect, and that's worth huge praise.

13 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm not arguing mate. I'm over joyed. As you know, I love Gerrard so I feel I have every right to praise him on a day like today without being questioned.

That's all. We are both on the same side mate.

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He admitted he wouldn't have posted the thread if we hadn't dropped points. We dropped points to an offside goal. Seemingly if he goal had been chopped off we'd have still dropped points as they'd still have scored. He then gave Gerrard 5 games to save his job, his words.

I see an agenda driven pov. BIB has admitted this. From the guy that says an offside goal in a one nil win has no bearing on a result.

But hey ho, we won, happy days. 👍

Stop banging on about that offside goal ffs 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They want the team to win. But they put fairly unreasonable win criteria which should it not be achieved the manager should go. 

We won today, we're all happy. But pre kick off there were calls for Gerrard to go if we didn't win. Not let kid on theres not some who, openly and admittedly, want Gerrard gone.

Normally awol after a big win, and I'm not even talking about BIB here who tends to be more honest about it than others.

I wanted him gone last year. But I said on many occasions I hope more than anything he proves me wrong. I honestly think he is the best manager we have had in decades for European football. I always happily come on here and celebrate wins under the man. Sometimes I am guilty of having knee jerk reactions and after Hibs and Livi I lost faith in his ability to break teams down. I would never want a manager sacked before a game of football based on team selection however.

Just now, TamCoopz said:

Stop banging on about that offside goal ffs 

Why? He stated if it hadn't been given he wouldn't have created a thread clearly designed to generate opinion against the manager.

It also cost us points so fuck will I be ignoring the goal.

15 minutes ago, gogzy said:

You're having a laugh if you think he won't be bashed after every loss.

FFS he gets bashed even when we win, he gets slaughtered when we draw.  Just glad we haven't lost a game this season as I hate to think how bad it will get.

You're echoing my point mate. That's what I'm saying. He shouldn't be bashed after every bad result and praised after every good result.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not arguing mate. I'm over joyed. As you know, I love Gerrard so I feel I have every right to praise him on a day like today without being questioned.

That's all. We are both on the same side mate.

That's all I'm saying mate. There shouldn't be any bickering on here today. I never seen the posts criticizing his team selection either tbf.

Archived