*****Official Rangers v Livingston Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should be playing Itten and developing him in to the team.  He’s one that will be with us for years and hopefully go on to be an outstanding player.

Defoe retires at the end of the season.  I’d only have him on if the other 3 (Itten, Morelos, Roofe) were all unavailable. 

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Dont mind Morelos being dropped, hes offered nothing for a while now

But Defoe over Itten or even Roofe is weird to say the least 

I wonder if Gerrard is giving Itten more time to settle. 

It looks like he wants Defoes movement in the box. 

10 minutes ago, BillyG91 said:

how the fuck is defoe starting?

roofe's confidence is probably sky high. itten deserves a start over defoe.

Gerrard said he wasn't going to rush Roofe back. He knows it'll be a long season and wants to protect him. 

4 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Defoe is a strange one but he's decent inside the box with the ball at his feet and Livi get everyone back so maybe that's why he's starting.

6 minutes ago, bornabear said:

I think he's picked Defoe as livi are a physical side, we don't want injuries to our forwards ahead of Thursday's Europa game. Brave decision though.

7 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I have no issues with the team. Defoe was left out of the Europa squad for exactly this type of domestic fixture. He will do his job for 60 mins. 

All fair points. We have a big strong squad for once, no reason we shouldn't be using it.

8 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Itten must be rotten in training 

If I remember correctly it’s something to do with his physical attributes- think he even mentioned it himself after the Motherwell game.  I like what I’ve seen from itten in his cameos but I think he’s not going to be ready fully for another season.

funnily enough my daughter asked my prediction yesterday and I said Defoe for 2 goals and 4-0 win

Archived