***** The Official Rangers vs Scum Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I think that’s their Plan B. They like Griffiths off the bench for impact and, much as they need the win, they know that a defeat leaves them (at best) a net ten points behind a team unbeaten in 22 games. “Taxi for Lennon” time.

They could well play for the draw to keep their manager in a job.

or they might even down tools to get rid of him but I think it’s all about us and I hope SG has us fired up and focussed and none of our players come off that pitch without giving everything they have due to the importance of what a home win can bring. Saturday is massive for us in terms of how 2021 can play out 🙏

Give Gerrard his due he made us harder to beat in all the derbies and we go into these games with more confidence and belief having won 4 of last 7. It was painful even unwatchable under pedro caxinha caravan.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

CR3 1-0 @ForeverAndEver 

Same scoreline on Saturday please.

54 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

@ForeverAndEverhas never been 'on it' to begin with.

I agree, Kent for Hagi for various reasons but absolutely nothing to do with Hagi's form because he has been decent.

Blow me

17 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This game is actually bigger than Hogmanay and tonight is just another sleep getting marked off before ko 😂

Hogmanay and New Years Day are a fucking inconvenience. Get them both to fuck.

Literally just count down days to Rangers games now!

54 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

How does a draw reduce the points to 6 surely it stays the same? 

48 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Do we not get a point for a draw like 😂 in what universe does a draw reduce the points? 

Got the maths a bit wrong 🤷‍♀️

point difference would stay the same however psychologically it would be damaging to us and beneficial to them

They were obviously going to start winning again but i still think their frailtiies at the back are still there - with Barkas likely to be in goal and their weaknesses at centre back the stage is set for Kent, Roofe and Morelos to run riot. We have to get on the front foot from the start, they do still have quality going forward and as much as he is a rat - Griffiths seems to make a big difference for them. Turnbull is obv dangerous with his shooting, but if we control possession we limit his opportunities. As someone else mentioned, first goal is massive on Saturday - if we get it i think they could fold, if they get it i don't think we need to panic as we know we'll get chances. Even if we were to lose, its not panic stations - we're still well in command of the title race - all the pressure is on them and Lennon going into this game.

We've won 3 of the last 4 Old Firm's, including the last 2. If we put in our typical performance against the scum I'm confident we'll win. 

We need to cut out the sloppy passing that has creeped back into our game our the last month or so and we need to get back to pressing teams.

25 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

or they might even down tools to get rid of him but I think it’s all about us and I hope SG has us fired up and focussed and none of our players come off that pitch without giving everything they have due to the importance of what a home win can bring. Saturday is massive for us in terms of how 2021 can play out 🙏

Can’t remember an Old firm game ,with so much at stake .We used to say that ever OF game .This one is massive 

We simply have to win, not because we need to but because we have to show them their time of easy titles is over.

We are finally in a position were things are normal on the playing side etc and the difference is staggering.

Play our strongest team and go for their throats. Only thing thst concerns me is our dip in performance. Last few games haven't been quite as flowing but hopefully that's more down to opposition being ultra defensive.

Im going 3-0 to the famous and wee Alfredo to finally break his duck with a hat trick.

5 minutes ago, Mols94 said:

We've won 3 of the last 4 Old Firm's, including the last 2. If we put in our typical performance against the scum I'm confident we'll win. 

We need to cut out the sloppy passing that has creeped back into our game our the last month or so and we need to get back to pressing teams.

On paper and as you say previous form .We should be ok .It’s down to the mentality on the day .We have proved we are better than them 

And mentality is what some bears like myself are worried about .Get that right and it could be a great weekend  every Rangers fan .

And a poignant  one as regards the 50 years and for the 66 🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Seems most pundits have us as favourites, I don’t know whether they believe that or are just looking for us to make an arse of ourselves and snigger if they’re proved wrong

How could they not have us as favourites given our league form? 

Caught myself a wee bit concerned about Turnbull yesterday then remembered we have Kamara and felt better. And, thinking about it, you can apply that same logic across our whole team. We’re better than them. We turn up focused and with a determination to put them in their place, we win.

7 minutes ago, MarcusDa Beasley said:

Caught myself a wee bit concerned about Turnbull yesterday then remembered we have Kamara and felt better. And, thinking about it, you can apply that same logic across our whole team. We’re better than them. We turn up focused and with a determination to put them in their place, we win.

He'd cause us problems of he were playing for a diddy team that will sit in and hit on the break. They won't and he'll struggle imo

Read that lemmon is playing a diamond at the moment.

Should he try that against us Tav and Borna are going to have a field day bombing forward with all the space that will leave on the wings.

They can't afford to give away free kicks in the final third. They can't afford to give away corners. Their defense will be unable to cope with sustained pressure or fast break aways.

Play as we can and the 3 points are in the bag.

Lennon knows they have to win, so they have to be on the front foot, but he'll also know he can't trust his keeper/defence when they're under pressure. This all plays into our hands - i really do think if we play our usual game we win. If we lose i think it'll be an individual error or a goal out of nothing. 

2 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Read that lemmon is playing a diamond at the moment.

Should he try that against us Tav and Borna are going to have a field day bombing forward with all the space that will leave on the wings.

They can't afford to give away free kicks in the final third. They can't afford to give away corners. Their defense will be unable to cope with sustained pressure or fast break aways.

Play as we can and the 3 points are in the bag.

I think he'll play a diamond. Theyve yet to try that against us and every other formation they've attempted has failed.

Like you say its a narrow formation and vulnerable to full backs pushing up. I guess it allows them to play 2 up and 4 at the back so kinda works for most spfl games, but i think a good team like us will cause them a lot of problems. Their wee run has been against no-one so hopefully a big step up in quality will unnerve them.

I wish I was as confident as some on here but I’m not. I feel this one could go either way. Win and we may see them drop more points and Lennon may well go before February.

Lose and we hand them all the confidence in the world.

For the first time ever I might deliberately miss this one, then ask my partner if I should watch it when FT comes. :lol:

Archived