Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really strange, hits all the right notes (speed, ability, stamina) just not necessarily in the right order. 

Worrying thing is we know we have good coaches here, who rated him highly, but he's not getting it right often enough. 

Would be happy if an English club made a silly offer in the Summer.

2 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Really strange, hits all the right notes (speed, ability, stamina) just not necessarily in the right order. 

Worrying thing is we know we have good coaches here, who rated him highly, but he's not getting it right often enough. 

Would be happy if an English club made a silly offer in the Summer.

Stamina and workrate yes, but I don't think he's that fast or skillful, he never seems to rip full backs to shreds anyway. 

I'm not sure many teams in England will be looking at him thinking he'd be good value for money for the fee we'd be asking. 

5 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Stamina and workrate yes, but I don't think he's that fast or skillful, he never seems to rip full backs to shreds anyway. 

I'm not sure many teams in England will be looking at him thinking he'd be good value for money for the fee we'd be asking. 

He's got the speed, leaves a defender stranded many times in a match, then keeps on running Duffy style, till he runs out of options, or has to turn back. Maybe lacks awareness, but ours is quite a disciplined structure, so should be more aware of options. 

I've never appreciated him as a player to be honest, even in the period he was scoring a few goals.

When I lookk at the £7,000,000 tag I think a lot of money, especially back then, but if you consider players being sold for£5-6 million in the British market you're not looking at spectacular players. 

I'm going to add Joe Aribo into this post. The two of them are taking far too many touches which give the defenders ample time to defend. Start playing one touch football to take players out of position.

Joe Aribo has been one of my favourite players for two years but lately he is getting on my nerves. Move the ball faster! 

As for Kent, I know he chips in with a few but he is not very lethal in front of goal, is he? And that pass to Barisic in the second-half is not worthy of a £7m player.

Don't hate him or going to bash into him, he tries and works his socks off. But he makes wrong decisions almost every time he gets the ball and is awful at finishing. I truly believe if we played the scum every week he'd be a £30m player but for some reason he is never as direct or confident (arrogant, in a good way) against the other teams in the leagues. Running at a defender, through on goal, all the momentum on his side and instead of taking anybody on he plays the easy sideways pass to Barisic every single time. 

I like Kent but I think if we get offers anywhere near £15m for him we take it and reinvest. I would even say £12m would be good business which is disappointing because we were all saying £20m back in the summer. But other than a bright August/September he really hasn't done much in months and it was the same last season too. 

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Don't hate him or going to bash into him, he tries and works his socks off. But he makes wrong decisions almost every time he gets the ball and is awful at finishing. I truly believe if we played the scum every week he'd be a £30m player but for some reason he is never as direct or confident (arrogant, in a good way) against the other teams in the leagues. Running at a defender, through on goal, all the momentum on his side and instead of taking anybody on he plays the easy sideways pass to Barisic every single time. 

I like Kent but I think if we get offers anywhere near £15m for him we take it and reinvest. I would even say £12m would be good business which is disappointing because we were all saying £20m back in the summer. But other than a bright August/September he really hasn't done much in months and it was the same last season too. 

We are robbing a team if they pay over £10m for him. Robbing them blind. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

We are robbing a team if they pay over £10m for him. Robbing them blind. 

Probably unfortunately. 

I think the confidence excuse is overused but for him I genuinely do believe it is. Even if he never improved his poor finishing, it would make a world of difference if he just took players on more and was more direct because he has the ability to get past them. Very frustrating player. 

If he kept things simple instead of trying to force a stepover or cutback in to everything he does then might be a bit less shite. Had a chance in the 2nd half today where he could have took it on his left first time but decides to cut back in on his right foot to try and take on their defender and the chance is gone. Infuriating.

5 minutes ago, Bannockbear said:

Needs dropped, performance summed up by that pathetic attempted pass out wide to barisic, hopefully the guy Wright can show more in training this week 

He’s Gerrards boy.

Wright could score 10 goals a day and still Kent will start.

I said it in the match thread that while he has incredible work rate, his attacking play is brutal far, far too often.  He fails to capitalise on great opportunities much too regularly as well.

I’ve been a big fan of his in the past but it’s time to sell in the summer. We need better in the starting 11.

Just now, The Godfather said:

The abuse he gets on here is abysmal. 

Looks like a tramp ffs

Fuck some of our support honestly. 

I'm constantly moving my holidays about week to week so I can go tonto and some of the buzz is wondering when it will fall into place, I'll be giving plenty of wee shitebags on here it tight, got my @ button on fast dial. 

Archived