Ryan Kent

GOAT

22 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It's a forum of course people have the right to vent as do I when I think the reaction Kent gets compared to others, especially today, is wrong imo.

Aye Hagi is the one example and he's showing up everyone in the team apart from Tav. I wouldn't have taken Hagi off today nor do I think Kent deserves to go off more than Aribo. For me the change in the second half was a striker for a deeper midfielder rather than a like for like change like Roofe for Itten or Wright for Hagi. The weird 442 that we've not played since the first half against celtic is the change in shape we needed.

I think the manager was the biggest issue today and his decision making with Hagi today and recently has been poor. I think that goes hand in hand with our recent performances. I think we're better off with Hagi and Kent in the same team than not. I'm not against Kent coming out on Saturday as long as it's a different shape but long term he's going to be in there and we're going to be better with him than without.

Gerrard likely has focused on maybe one or two systems to the point we are very fluid and its almost second nature, yeah we can be shite but stuff like players moving will be drilled into them, i know its daft but for example when tav picks up the ball and moves it up the line to aribo, you'll probably find barisic has made a specific move thats linked to tavs pass up the line, the team moving as one, 

With this, unless we are badly being outplayed and losing, i dont see gerrard chaningythe shape mid game to one which the team aren't fluid in, as much as id love us to try 2 up front especially at ibrox, i see why he doesnt and why most subs are like for like changes

That being said though, we can keep the same shape and same system, but rotate the players, out of roofe, itten, morelos, hagi, aribo, arfield and kent, (guys who play in the front 3 of the 433 or the front 4 of the 4231) kent has most likely played the most minutes, so his stats regarding contribution could be skewed in his favour due to that, but also is gerrard managing kent properly, i like kent, i think he could be a great player for us, but perhaps he isnt being managed properly the now, 

Take helander for example, dropped after a bad night against benfica, that could be gerrards way of saying "you were shite, have a look at your performance, see what went wrong and focus on changing it" but with kent and his consistent playing of 90mins, its almost like he's telling kent that he's doing alright when he isn't, so maybe kent is less likely to try change his game, mix it up a bit etc due to this, kent may feel he is simply having bad luck when stuff doesnt come off, when in fact he needs to change what he's doing

Thinking about the killie game, i wouldnt be against playing itten up top, with hagi, wright and even jack in behind him, with davis and kamara as the sitting two, jacks drive could be worth a look in that role temporarily, but id defo drop kent and aribo for a game, let them take a breather and have a think about their recent levels of performance 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kent needs a stint on bench, sadly his game has fell off a cliff recently. Shooting, beating players 1 in 1, passing, and especially imo his decision making. Goes left, when he should go right, passes when he should shoot, runs into players, when he should be skipping past them or playing other people in. A lot maybe down to confidence, but perhaps he just lacks game intelligence or experience. Certainly a spell starting  on bench might take him out of firing line for a bit and coming on as a sub might help him grow back into his game. 
I disagree with some of the comments about working hard tho,  I do think he always shows for ball, but very rarely do I see him chase players back and win ball or a tackle. Hagi does this quite frequently, even if half them are fouls. Kent had a bad tendency when he loses ball to do the whole look to the sky thing and continue for a yard or 2, while opposition runs up park.
The whole team apart from McGregor today didn’t work anywhere near hard enough. Doesn’t matter how skilful you are, if you don’t work hard enough to match/beat opposition, you get days like today. 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Yup - the rest of them would be delighted to have got a bang average rating today.

We never won so therefor every single player was pish, no matter how long they got on the park. Its the Rangers media way. For his first game considering he only got the time he did he looked pretty decent. Bang average, FFS.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

We never won so therefor every single player was pish, no matter how long they got on the park. Its the Rangers media way. For his first game considering he only got the time he did he looked pretty decent. Bang average, FFS.

Was discussing him with my lad when the signing was mooted - we agreed he could do a turn with better players alongside him.

Thought he didn’t look out of place.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

As i said, kent will get it tight because a 7mill quid player is once again failing to turn up when we need him most, and what he's given us this season he's not worth anywhere what we paid for him

You and others need to get over the price tag. It was English currency in an overly priced English market. SG doesn’t fit you into the team based on a price tag otherwise GK wouldn’t get a game. SG convinced the board he was worth it and brings value to the team. RK also starts every game and we’re cruising the league so SG is getting something right.

I agree he was poor yet he still looked our best attacking threat. It's no the lads fault we paid £7m for him. We were all desperate to have him back and at the start of the season we already seen teams interested in him at higher than what we paid. That fits our system. 

I think he is this year's Tavernier as in the scapegoat. There are a lot of the sqaud who been poor lately but Kent seems to be called out a lot more. There is no hiding from his levels of consistency but I still believe he is a good player.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree he was poor yet he still looked our best attacking threat. It's no the lads fault we paid £7m for him. We were all desperate to have him back and at the start of the season we already seen teams interested in him at higher than what we paid. That fits our system. 

I think he is this year's Tavernier as in the scapegoat. There are a lot of the sqaud who been poor lately but Kent seems to be called out a lot more. There is no hiding from his levels of consistency but I still believe he is a good player.

Seen this a few times today and it’s fucking nonsense. He’s not being scapegoated, he’s being rightly criticised for his abysmal end product. He isn’t contributing anywhere near the numbers he should be. If he cost £3m it wouldn’t be enough. He cost £7m. We have a right to expect a lot more from him. 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That’s a load of shite, but anyway, Kent’s been pish for a lot longer than everybody else’s who performance level have dropped.

Apart from McGregor the whole team was pish. How many times did Helander give the ball away in dangerous positions, Zungu is a long way off the pace and Itten got no service at all. How many times does our captain RB get caught well out of position.

Hamilton played their tactics perfectly push, hassle for every ball, don't let them settle and we didn't adapt. It was the wrong starting eleven plain and simple.

Going through a real lean spell at the moment and cant seem to get going at the moment. Thought his best game in while was against Ross County where he done a lot of off the ball running into channels and through the middle and really stretched their defence. Seems to spend to much time at the moment coming deep looking for the ball rather than staying long and let it come to him in area where he can cause danger.

There’s a reason Kent didn’t make it at Liverpool and why he was loaned out so much and no other team came in for him, we paid £7 Million for his services and to be honest he has been too inconsistent and hasn’t improved in his time at Rangers. 
I would sell him in the Summer if Leeds still want him and reinvest the money. 

7 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Needs to stay behind in training and practice being pressed, whilst in the box and hitting the target.

So many missed chances in that position - lucky enough today was the first time it cost us. 

Or stay behind at home when we play Killie. Needs some tough love.

Lots of chat in the match thread about him which I really don’t get tbh. He wasn’t excellent today but apart from the Ross County game where we played some great stuff we haven’t been firing on all cylinders for a little while as a team.

He’s a clever player who never hides and if you watch him he’s always looking to drift into areas and he must be a nightmare to mark. I thought he kept popping up in areas and looked to link play and had some really nice touches and combination play with players around him. He’s not in that sparkling form that we know he can produce but it really wasn’t a bad performance today at all from Kent, solid 6/10 for me - nothing spectacular and he’ll be fine going forwards. 

Archived