Ryan Kent

GOAT

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

If he could get in amongst the goals it would make all the difference - not sure if he can though. 

he does need to add more goals but wingers don’t produce goals consistently but although he’s an attacker i don’t see him as a striker, if that makes sense 😂

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He is frustrating to watch a lot of the time, but he does have the ability to make things happen, if Aribo had not made a cock up of his chance then we would all have been saying how well Ryan did to set it up.

I think Stevie plays him because he can make runs against teams and make chances for himself and others, do I expect more from him, yes I certainly do, but I not think we have anyone to come into the team that we could be sure would do better, maybe Scott Wright in a few games time might show he can put pressure on Ryan, but it is too early to start him in games at the moment when we are looking for a few more points to win the league.

I wonder if his price tag (in our league) maybe weighs a bit heavy on him at times, he is still young and plenty of time to become more consistent.

Agree with your points about Kent mate. I must admit I thought Aribo was fuckin rotten today 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

and there’s your problem where you’ve wrote him off before a ball is kicked and if you think he brought nothing today especially the 2nd half then he’ll never be good enough, in your eyes 

I’ve been one of his biggest fans since he came in. He’s a big game player and has always needed to become consistent but the past few weeks he’s went so far off the boil literally nothing is coming off for him. It’s just not good enough he needs to do something especially with Europe back on now

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Went right off Kent tbh. I’m really struggling to understand what he brings at the moment. I’m sure Wright could match his work rate because at the moment there’s nothing else there

Should have had an assist today, if not for Aribo making a cunt of it. 

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

I mean now too. 

So currently you'd play Barker in front of Kent?

Why would i? He isn’t here. I personally think Wright has looked better than Kent in 2 cameos than Kent in the past 180 minutes so he probably deserves to get a chance against Dundee Utd next week

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Agree with your points about Kent mate. I must admit I thought Aribo was fuckin rotten today 

I did not think he was just as bad as that, but he did lose the ball a good few times and the miss from Kent's run was really poor.

I am not sure what is best position is either, I think he need to be further not in midfield. 

32 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Fantastic player until he gets the ball at the moment. As you say, he never hides and always wants it. He just seems to be completely devoid of confidence. That left footed shot was Sunday league tbh. He’s so much better than that

He had a shot at Hamilton with about 20 mins to go at 0-0, it was just outside the 6 yard box and he scuffed it wide. As you say, complete lack of confidence. 

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Why would i? He isn’t here. I personally think Wright has looked better than Kent in 2 cameos than Kent in the past 180 minutes so he probably deserves to get a chance against Dundee Utd next week

You said all Kent bring is his work rate, so you agree that Barker could have done that?

Surely you'd agree?

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I did not think he was just as bad as that, but he did lose the ball a good few times and the miss from Kent's run was really poor.

I am not sure what is best position is either, I think he need to be further not in midfield. 

Fair enough mate. Glad that Morelos will be back and delighted to get the 3 points. Oh I shit myself when the Killie player went down in the box !!  

3 minutes ago, BlueAvenger said:

Fair enough mate. Glad that Morelos will be back and delighted to get the 3 points. Oh I shit myself when the Killie player went down in the box !!  

All about opinions mate, yes until I saw the replay and it was outside the box I was rather concerned especially with that Ref. :coolio:

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

he does need to add more goals but wingers don’t produce goals consistently but although he’s an attacker i don’t see him as a striker, if that makes sense 😂

I think we've maybe changed his role in the team (since he was on loan with us) slightly to the detriment of his play.

I would prefer to see him running the channels more, but maybe that doesn't fit our system. Thought he had a good 2nd half, and just has to work on his finishing... He was unlucky with a good save from their keeper however. I still like him as a player though. 

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No i said at the moment. The past 3 weeks nobody can tell me he merits a start. 

Nobody tested the goalie today apart from Kent. Hagi plays the same role and did less today. Itten plays more attacking and didn't do much. Kent pulled two good saves off the keeper and set up Aribo for what shouldav been a tap in. I agree he can do more but he is an easy target for some.

Archived