them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I know it was invitation only and that somehow makes it worse that they took and responded to that particular question at the AGM in that manner knowing they were going today. 

Classless from cradle to the grave. 

5 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Get where you are coming from but Walter would have wanted to heeder him the way he left us 😂

Right or wrong it probably was the correct thing to do, for everyone concerned. 

Watty would have kicked one of his broon brogues right up Gerrards arse with the way he fucked off.

1 hour ago, johanvanhentze said:

People should be grown up enough to let someone like Steven Gerrard attend something like this without hassle. I think its absolutely disgusting that people feel that they want to "vent" at an event such as this. People, no matter who you are, should be able to grieve someone. 

Probably better for all, the last thing needed on a day to celebrate the life of one the clubs greatest servants being perhaps overshadowed by events of anger displayed by angry Rangers fans outside on the streets 

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Get where you are coming from but Walter would have wanted to heeder him the way he left us 😂

Right or wrong it probably was the correct thing to do, for everyone concerned. 

2 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Watty would have kicked one of his broon brogues right up Gerrards arse with the way he fucked off.

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Yeah I agree they should but can you imagine the media frenzy him being there would have caused , today was rightfully all about Walter and its a bit of a shame that gerrard couldn't have come and paid his respects but it would have taken focus from what today was all about

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Probably better for all, the last thing needed on a day to celebrate the life of one the clubs greatest servants being perhaps overshadowed by events of anger displayed by angry Rangers fans outside on the streets 

I get it, but I think its pathetic that it should even be a problem. These are the things that should put ALL other things on hold. No matter what.

4 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

These are the things that should put ALL other things on hold. No matter what.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone, 
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone, 
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum 
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come. 

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead 
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead, 
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves, 
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves. 

He was my North, my South, my East and West, 
My working week and my Sunday rest, 
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song; 
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong. 

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one; 
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun; 
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood. 
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

9 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

I get it, but I think its pathetic that it should even be a problem. These are the things that should put ALL other things on hold. No matter what.

I agree but you have seen the level of hate directed towards Gerrard on this forum alone....the last thing needed today was for someone shouting "rat bastard " when entering a memorial service, not saying it would have happened but it looks like the club perhaps took this decision based on a chance that it may have happened, nothing should have been a distraction to Walters memory, certainly not Steven Gerrard 

18 minutes ago, johanvanhentze said:

I agree that his passing should overshadow everything but sadly that’s not the reality we live in.

The last thing any of us want is for it to descend into a circus.

21 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I agree but you have seen the level of hate directed towards Gerrard on this forum alone....the last thing needed today was for someone shouting "rat bastard " when entering a memorial service, not saying it would have happened but it looks like the club perhaps took this decision based on a chance that it may have happened, nothing should have been a distraction to Walters memory, certainly not Steven Gerrard 

Of course, but I honestly thing that it would have been fine. Gerrard will have been very fond of Walter as well and its sad that he will have been told (supposedly?) to stay away.