them

MisterC

54 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

If their Republican shite is deemed acceptable to play over the Stade Nonce PA there’s truly no reason why we can’t play The Sash over ours. 

There isn't. As long as folk behave and don't sing any add ons, there shouldn't be an issue.

Obviously folk everywhere would lose their shit, though.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

There isn't. As long as folk behave and don't sing any add one, there shouldn't be an issue.

really? we are banned from singing the hokey cokey ffs if we played the sash they would rush through some rule to dock us points

14 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

really? we are banned from singing the hokey cokey ffs if we played the sash they would rush through some rule to dock us points

Yeah, I literally said folk would lose their shit.

12 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

What word in the Sash My Father Wore would offend them?

any one they deemed it to be 

we have the court case behind us but in the public eye that means little all the SFA need to do is get their friends in the media to whip up a frenzy and before you know it we are employing lawyers to defend ourselves

dont get me wrong im one for giving it laldy but we need to play this cute to start get some friends in high places to attack them relatively soon they would know they have a fight on their hands ans then things will be back to some sense of normality

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

any one the deemed it to be 

we have the court case behind usbut in the public eye that means little all the SFA need to do is get their friends in the media to whip up a frenzy and before you know it we are employing lawyers to defend ourselves

dont get me wrong im one for giving it laldy but we need to play this cute to start get some friends in high places to attack them relatively soon they would know they have a fight on their hands ans then things will be back to some sense of normality

I get all that mate and it’s never going to happen, point is in truth there’s really no reason why we shouldn’t.

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Yeah, I literally said folk would lose their shit.

you said it would be alright as long as theres no add ons, i pointed out that doesnt matter i mean we are banned from singing a fucking childs song

i reckon we would get away with it for so long before they need another squirrel for their fans to chase maybe when the court cases start to gain traction in the press

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

you said it would be alright as long as theres no add ons, i pointed out that doesnt matter i mean we are banned from singing a fucking childs song

i reckon we would get away with it for so long before they need another squirrel for their fans to chase maybe when the court cases start to gain traction in the press

That's not what I said. Read it properly.

32 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

What is let the people sing all about? Who is “the people” they refer to?

Not at the wind up or anything I’ve only heard bits of the song before they play us at Parkhead.

I think it's in reference to this from 1367

Edward III of England became concerned that the Anglo-Irish were becoming too powerful and threatened his rights and interests in Ireland, and so sent his son, Lionel of Antwerp, to Ireland to try and take back control.

Concerned that the Anglo-Irish had become more Irish than the Irish themselves, the Statute of Kilkenny was set up to bring Ireland back under the control of English born nobles, not English descendants in Ireland. The Statute was passed following a meeting of the Irish parliament in Kilkenny.

To break any one of the Statute's laws was to be guilty of treason and was punishable by death.

Following the Statue, it was illegal for any Anglo-Irish person to:

Marry an Irish person

Adopt an Irish child

Use an Irish name

Wear Irish clothes

Speak the Irish language

Play Irish music

Listen to Irish story-tellers

Play Irish games

Let an Irish person join an English religious house

Appoint any Irish clergyman to any church in the English settlement

Ride a horse in Irish style, that is, without a saddle.

43 minutes ago, Inigo said:

That's not what I said. Read it properly.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

There isn't. As long as folk behave and don't sing any add ons, there shouldn't be an issue.

i think i did, you said as long as theres no add ons we'd be ok. agreed? but folk would be upset 

i pointed out will we fuck if we cant even sing a childs nursery rhyme

so what is it either we would be allowed to sing it even if it upsets a few folk or you agree that we wouldnt especially because we arent allowed a nursery rhyme