***** The Official Rangers vs Kilmarnock Match Thread *****

RFCRobertson

Just now, scottyc06 said:

Win our next 4 games = 12 points, taking us to a total of 91.

If the bheasts win every game, other than the one we beat them in (included in those 12 points above) the most they can get is 88. 

We can win the league with 12 more points. If it includes the scum. We do win the league with 13 more points. 13 points guarantees us the league.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better performance, even if it was only a 1-0.  In complete control for the full 90 minutes and McGregor had nothing to do.

Davis was an absolute level above, Jack with a brilliant goal and great pressing and Wright looked very sharp off the bench.

Still concerned about the form of Kent and Aribo. It's so frustrating because you can see the ability is there.

I thought Itten was generally excellent at all the dirty parts of the game today - running into the channels, holding up the ball, pressurising defenders - but still needs to improve significantly in front of goal. He's a worker and clearly has some technical ability though. 

29 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

No idea why people think it’s 12 🤦

Win our next 4 games = 12 points, giving us 91 points. 

If the bheasts win every game, other than the 1 included in the 12 above, then the most they can get is 88.

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Win our next 4 games = 12 points, giving us 91 points. 

If the bheasts win every game, other than the 1 included in the 12 above, then the most they can get is 88.

That’s 12 points with an if.

If we’re going down that route we only need 7 points IF we beat the scum both games left

13 is definite.

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tav is suffering from the morelos post new year collapse, defensively bar last weeks posted missing for hamiltpns goal he's been much better but going forward teams have our fullback play sussed, notice how they dont close them down as much, instead they let them cross it but pack the box instead

We need somebody going front post

3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

That’s 12 points with an if.

If we’re going down that route we only need 7 points IF we beat the scum both games left

13 is definite.

Absolutely pointless to debate that, we’re 4 wins away from 55, I’ll take that! 

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You're blindsided when Kent does fine like today. Again you're talking up Hagi and saying Aribo and Kent should be dropped.

Bottom line is Kent got passmarks today, Hagi was very very average, Aribo rank. 

There's an argument Kent should have been dropped before today but its ridiculous to suggest he should be dropped before Hagi or Aribo after their performances today.

And thats the point, kent is allowed to continually play until he has one half decent game and that supposedly justifies the previous shite ones, whereas others in the team don't get that benefit, kamara and helander for example

13 minutes ago, Lord Lockin said:

Sorry to say Aribo and Kent still not doing it for me 

Yeah, I know what you mean. They were better today but they’re still not making enough of a difference. They just lack quality on too many occasions, often at at key moments.

I’d be interested to see this midfield/front 3 when Roofe’s back:

Arfield   Davis    Jack

Roofe       Alfie      Wright 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And thats the point, kent is allowed to continually play until he has one half decent game and that supposedly justifies the previous shite ones, whereas others in the team don't get that benefit, kamara and helander for example

Helander and Balogun get rotated. Gerrard has stated that, it's not necessarily about being dropped.

Kamara wasn't great last weekend. Jack and Davis improved us. Both have had good seasons. Should Kamara have started today- no.

We're talking about the 3 flair players and I've stated previously Hagi seems hard done to compared to others. And Kent could / should have been dropped before today. But after the performances of the 3 of them for you to  repeat Kent should be dropped for the next game is ridiculous given he did better than Aribo and Hagi. I'd like to see Wright start to next league game but there's others in the queue before Kent to get dropped for him.

8 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

We need somebody going front post

Think we’re just really missing Roofe. With Alfie up top, or even Itten, I think Roofe’s the only one who actually moves like a striker and wants to get into those positions. 

Itten and Defoe would be interesting at times too

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Think we’re just really missing Roofe. With Alfie up top, or even Itten, I think Roofe’s the only one who actually moves like a striker and wants to get into those positions. 

Itten and Defoe would be interesting at times too

Yes They would, like to see midfielders getting in the box more too.

44 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Still haven't changed my mind about Aribo and Kent. Borderline useless again from both.

Tav being able to deliver a cross beyond the first man is a myth now.

Kent had a good game today imo especially second half unlucky not to get a goal and an assist, had some nice touches and link up play. Not sure what game some people on here where watching. 😆

Aribo was better than he has been lately but still not at his best, looks like he’s lacking a wee bit of confidence just now. 

Archived